Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
From the Edmonton Journal (this article was placed in first post, too)...

Maybe MacTavish would listen (doesn’t cost you anything) but absolutely, categorically, he is NOT TRADING JORDAN EBERLE. MacTavish has watched the Flyers recently, in Carolina, along with president of hockey ops Kevin Lowe, so you know he’s looking at the Flyers, but trading Eberle is a non-starter. MacTavish isn’t saying anything on the record but I can assure you, it is a laughable premise for the first-year general manager, who has Eberle on a six-year, $36 million contract. MacTavish, if he was talking, would say “Not A Chance.”

Source: Edmonton Journal

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/11/08/trading-jordan-eberle-not-a-chance/

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Well then he's not getting Simmonds, Schenn, etc. Homer may suck at contracts, but he's very good at trades.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Lots of stuff Edmonton does is stupid and doesn't make a lot of sense, but trading Eberle would be up there.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If Hemsky was main piece for Simmer, this would be number one in a long list of Holmers stupidest moves.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
The Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers are believed to be working on a trade that could mark the third transaction of the day for impatient Edmonton GM Craig MacTavish.

The Oilers have long coveted big right-winger Wayne Simmonds, and are well aware of the need to add size to their top-six group of forwards. Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is listening to offers on any Philadelphia player not named Claude Giroux or Steve Mason.

In a four-player swap earlier in the day, Edmonton sent defenceman Ladislav Smid to Calgary, leaving a hole on an already substandard D-corps. Sources tell Sportsnet.ca that 24-year-old defenceman Luke Schenn, who has been a healthy scratch of late on a crowded Flyers blueline, could be on his way to Edmonton as well.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...trade-for-philadelphia-flyers-wayne-simmonds/

Goes on to say that there'd have to be more coming from the Oilers than Hemsky and suggests Eberle. The only thing that made me extremely happy is to hear that Holmgren is not listening to offers on Claude Giroux.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm more inclined to believe the front offices and a few reputable journalists saying that nothing is going on then some random rumblings of trading Eberle. Trading Eberle doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Well Craig, the rumor mill didn't just explode for no reason. It's far more likely that a deal fell apart. That or the GM's are using trade rumors to kick their teams in ass to get playing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Goes on to say that there'd have to be more coming from the Oilers than Hemsky and suggests Eberle. The only thing that made me extremely happy is to hear that Holmgren is not listening to offers on Claude Giroux.

I'm surprised Mason is included with just Giroux. I mean don't get me wrong he's been playing well & I wouldn't trade him neither but just surprised that they feel the same way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad