All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
On Vatanen...yeesh. 18 games to go, seems likely he'll for sure miss the next 3. He's got until next weekend to heal up to even have a chance at playing the 12 games for the conditional 3rd. Heck, at this rate, the Devils may not even be getting the conditional 4th...

The only and unlikely positive outcome of that trade now would be the potential for him to sign a 1 yr show-me deal in CAR for below market value. His highest games-played in a season over the past 3 seasons is 57, so I could easily see him running into issues in UFA procuring a long-term deal. However, he is a bonafide top 4 RD and GMs are stupid so...:dunno:

Reactions: WreckingCrew

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Also the setback was in today’s skate... there no way there has been a full medical assessment. I’m guessing Vat was feeling some pain and Rod just said the first thing on his mind

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
His highest games-played in a season over the past 3 seasons is 57, so I could easily see him running into issues in UFA procuring a long-term deal. However, he is a bonafide top 4 RD and GMs are stupid so...:dunno:

[/QUOTE]

Actually that’s not entirely true. Vats used to be a steady 70+ GP performer over the years until Kucherov happened. The first concussion was the backdrop, so when Brassard elbowed him in early 2019, he ended up on an extended recovery. This lost him a significant number of games in 2018-19.

Having said that, he is a relative midget that plays a feistier game than his physique would allow. So you could say that he has a habit of getting bumped and bruised, which doesn’t bode well for an extended career. Methinks no GM should give him more than 4 years, but 5Mx4 shouldn’t come as a surprise.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Even without the setback what could you really expect? Deadline deals are already iffy with so little time to acclimate to the environment, add in getting back to game speed after missing time, and of course the worst possible scenario, exactly what we got.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Actually that’s not entirely true. Vats used to be a steady 70+ GP performer over the years until Kucherov happened. The first concussion was the backdrop, so when Brassard elbowed him in early 2019, he ended up on an extended recovery. This lost him a significant number of games in 2018-19.

Having said that, he is a relative midget that plays a feistier game than his physique would allow. So you could say that he has a habit of getting bumped and bruised, which doesn’t bode well for an extended career. Methinks no GM should give him more than 4 years, but 5Mx4 shouldn’t come as a surprise.[/QUOTE]

2 seasons of 71 games played is not what i would define as "steady"...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Allow me a moment to dream about a really nice top 6:

Svech-Aho-Teuvo
Huberdeau-Trochek-Necas

Florida would not go for it and we couldn't pay for it but it sure would be cool to have two lines that could go.

I've seen Florida fans worried that Huberdeau will go to get rid of Bobrovsky's contract with Florida looking to cut payroll. Dream big:

Bobrovsky ($1-2 millon retained) + Huberdeau for Mrazek/Reimer + Niederreiter + Gardiner + a couple picks/prospects

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigLetowski

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
I've seen Florida fans worried that Huberdeau will go to get rid of Bobrovsky's contract with Florida looking to cut payroll. Dream big:

Bobrovsky ($1-2 millon retained) + Huberdeau for Mrazek/Reimer + Niederreiter + Gardiner + a couple picks/prospects

Hmmm...needs more Staal (remove the Bob retention, if so)

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Along the same thinking. I don’t know that the deal you proposed is much salary cutting. How about?
Bob @ 2 million retained + Huberdeau for

Mrazek, Dzingle, Bokk, this year’s 2nd, and a conditional 1st next year (if we make the conference finals its a 1st, if not a 2nd)?

of course we would need a deal like Gardiner and Reimer to Ottawa for their lowest ranking 2nd rounder.

then make a decision on Nino as well.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I’d like Huberdeau, not sure the costs, 1st, Bean, ???

Nino and Staal to Pitt for Buj and Murray

roll:

Huberdeau - Aho - TT
Svech - Trocheck - Necas
Dzingle - Buj - ????
Foegele - Martyman - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei - Pesce
Gardiner - Keane

Murray
Mrazek

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I’d like Huberdeau, not sure the costs, 1st, Bean, ???

Nino and Staal to Pitt for Buj and Murray

roll:

Huberdeau - Aho - TT
Svech - Trocheck - Necas
Dzingle - Buj - ????
Foegele - Martyman - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei - Pesce
Gardiner - Keane

Murray
Mrazek
If Gardiner is on the roster and Fleury isnt, DW should be run out of Raleigh

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber

Having said that, he is a relative midget that plays a feistier game than his physique would allow. So you could say that he has a habit of getting bumped and bruised, which doesn’t bode well for an extended career. Methinks no GM should give him more than 4 years, but 5Mx4 shouldn’t come as a surprise.

2 seasons of 71 games played is not what i would define as "steady"...

It’s three. His 2017-18 stats are split ANA/NJ. But yeah, all that’s hardly any consolation today with the freak foot contusion at the time of direst need.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So....he's dead?

And Rod has his best men trying to figure out what to do with Dougie.

Blonde_white_pink_trunk-shot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad