All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread - off-season chaos edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Even if they pulled off that expansion draft (LOL) that team would probably still not do as well as Vegas did in their inaugural season.

Yes, because considering the roster that he picked, that team would SCREAM "studs and duds" from a cap POV. Putting 3rd and 4th lines of AHL re-treads doesn't translate to a great team no matter how much star power you have at the top.

Reactions: cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yes, because considering the roster that he picked, that team would SCREAM "studs and duds" from a cap POV. Putting 3rd and 4th lines of AHL re-treads doesn't translate to a great team no matter how much star power you have at the top.
Well, the NHL's most profitable team built their roster that way, clearly they must know what they're doing. :sarcasm:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
For what's it worth, the emoji doesn't really denote sarcasm. Sarcasm is something you (should) do deadpan.

This is emoji is actually like a Stan Laurel type of chuckle. Sarcasm would need to be more Buster Keaton.

I probably should bring the matter up on the sponsor forum.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks. I’ve been lurking & “liking“ here for a while but figured I’d finally engage. I was going to wait until you secured a solid #1 Goaltender but it looks like that’s down the road.

I’m primarily a Canucks/Jets fan but really just an overall Hockey fan. I find your team quite fascinating in how much you’ve improved though following a different approach:
AF486206-9BBA-40CA-914C-A3C0D843E48C.gif

I also find it easy to cheer for a Team that was mocked for being so different and then seeing the critics
4E2043B5-2626-40EA-B663-2A0B25007167.gif

Finally, you have a great group of HF Members who like to have serious fun. I look forward to visiting often if you’re ok with me Posting here.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hi folks. I’ve been lurking & “liking“ here for a while but figured I’d finally engage. I was going to wait until you secured a solid #1 Goaltender but it looks like that’s down the road.

I’m primarily a Canucks/Jets fan but really just an overall Hockey fan. I find your team quite fascinating in how much you’ve improved though following a different approach:
View attachment 374307

I also find it easy to cheer for a Team that was mocked for being so different and then seeing the critics
View attachment 374308

Finally, you have a great group of HF Members who like to have serious fun. I look forward to visiting often if you’re ok with me Posting here.
We love visitors! Welcome!

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016

View attachment 374307

View attachment 374308

Welcome Ginger Papa to HFCanes where the goaltending is made up and the likes don't matter. You're welcome to post here if you're willing to pay the toll...

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
LOL, good thing you didn’t wait. We’ve never had one.

Welcome! I feel you would fit in well here with your love of gifs.
Yes, I wanted to start off with a “Congratulations on getting your Starter” Post, but after a while it was like:
ABC0712B-B11D-4EDB-B392-6F14B9EE53D5.gif

Edit:
Welcome Ginger Papa to HFCanes where the goaltending is made up and the likes don't matter. You're welcome to post here if you're willing to pay the toll...

I do not have a dime, but I do have this lucky quarter from this time I visited HF Dallas:
B4D7EA19-DC36-4B6C-8791-3F2850D7E4E1.gif

0817ED49-D8ED-47E8-B3A3-A015A72956BA.gif

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

I agree. Carolina is a team I greatly enjoy watching. Young, athletic, skilled and with a good prospect pool. I was really hoping they would get Crawford since I think Carolina is a goalie away from being a serious Cup contender. Toronto, Carolina, and Vancouver are who I watch on NHL Center Ice. I'd have to pay over $50 a month for a streaming package to watch the Blackhawks and they obviously are not worth that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Will be interesting to see what Foegele ends up settling for. If I had my guess it would be 1 year at just under $1 million or 2 years at ~$1.25 million per year.

Which would leave the Canes with $3-4 million in space.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Will be interesting to see what Foegele ends up settling for. If I had my guess it would be 1 year at just under $1 million or 2 years at ~$1.25 million per year.

Which would leave the Canes with $3-4 million in space.
I think you are a million short. Evolving Hockey’s model has him in the low $2M AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad