Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
This is going to be a mess. Only 2 3rd round matches have been completed on the men's side. The women's side is in slightly better shape as they only have 3 left to complete (one that's been started already)

Tomorrow's forecast doesn't look promising either.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Kyrgios bothered by Del Potro taking a toilet break that he gave zero f***s in the third set. Also Djokovic dispatches Dimitrov and will get about an hour an a half break before facing Milos Raonic.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I thought they were starting later and came in with Raonic down 30-40 in that service game he lost. Now Djok held. I am really surprised at how different Djok is these days, he's always been a grinder but there isn't that extra level that he had when he was winning. And WTF is with 13 bounces before serving? I really wish they would deal with this shot clock with no leeway to the players at all.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Something is very wrong with Djokovic. I'm sure he's tired because of the rain delay but he looks so lethargic.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I can't believe it took him this long to win this match. And Milos had better have nightmares over this, way too much choking.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Everything was in Raonic's favour as the more rested player, but Djokovic is a warrior and it's clear he wants that elusive Cinci title.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Federer is serving really, really well (so edge to him) but once a rally is ongoing, I am usually pretty confident in Novak's chances. Being a best of 3 definitely helps Roger. Wimbledon 2014/2015 tournaments were some of his best serving performances in GS ever but by mid way 3rd set in finals, the first % dropped and Nole took over. It should be a tight match with at least one tie breaker (perhaps being the decider) but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad