Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Crazy that they haven't played in well over 2 years (2016 Aussie Open SF won by Nole).

Djokovic leads the H2H 23-22.

I'm gonna pick Djokovic to win today.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Fed did not play that well. The second game Fed was broken in second set was vintage Novak. He returned a serve that 99% of the players couldn't return and then passed Federer down the line.

Only player in the history to win all 9 Masters (albeit, it is a more recent thing that started in the early 90s) and only guy out of the Big 3 to hold all 4 GS at same time.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Fed has always been more dangerous as a front runner. Whenever he gets broken first, he doesn't do so well. Djokovic's defence today was great and he was hitting harder than he has been.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
At this point Peter Polansky has a 50% chance of getting a Lucky Loser spot for the US Open, if two more players withdraw that becomes 100%. We could very well witness history in seeing someone get a LL spot into all four slams in a calendar year!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'll take Nadal to win. My dark horse is the Joker.

white-horse-holding-pink-rose-art-poster-print_a-G-8927745-0.jpg

Gutsy choice.

Reactions: Hadoop

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I met a couple of former ballkids at a neighbourhood cook out and asked them who were the good guys and bad guys during their tenure. They wouldn't tell me the bad guys (though Andy Roddick's name seemed to pop up spontaneously), but the good guys were Tsonga and Monfils for the men and Davenport and Clijsters for the women. I remember reading somewhere before that Tsonga and Monfils were both considerate to ballkids. I guess Davenport and Clijsters don't come as much of a surprise either.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Anyone going to the Davis Cup match on the weekend? I am thinking about it but am not sure if work will interfere.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anyone going to the Davis Cup match on the weekend? I am thinking about it but am not sure if work will interfere.
With TIFF on, I will be going to a total of nine movies on those three days. So, no, no space to crowd that in.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Osaka has moved up to #7 in the world.

On the men's side, Nadal, Federer and Djokovic are now right where they belong, #s 1, 2 and 3 respectively. That makes me smile.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Umpires may boycott Serena Williams matches after outburst at US Open final

Umpires are considering refusing to officiate matches involving Serena Williams, such is the level of discontent over the treatment of Carlos Ramos during and after the US Open final.

The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and United States Tennis Association (USTA) have backed Williams’ claims of sexism after she was given a game penalty for her behaviour during her straight-sets defeat by Naomi Osaka, of Japan, on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad