Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Oh man that's awful. I really hope he can make it until Wimbledon though, that's at least where he should go out.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
:( Dammit. Murray has been one of my favourites ever since I watched him win the Rogers Cup, even if he's seen by many as the 'and-1' to the big 3. It's too bad he only won 3 slams because IMO he could have easily won 7 or 8 if he'd been born in any other era.

Also wonder if he knew he would probably never be 100% physically again 6-months ago when he broke down after that marathon match at the Citi Open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beau Knows

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Novak's post on Instagram:
Tarbes, France 2001, “Les Petite As”
First time we met and played. Something was telling me back then that we’d have an amazing rivalry and experience of playing each other on the biggest stage for many years to come.
What you are trying to do is nothing short of brave and inspiring. I met with you the other day and couldn’t really verbalize my compassion for what you’re going through. As an athlete, fellow tennis player and friend, I respect and fully support you every second of this Australian Open and every next attempt to compete at the highest level. Whatever happens, I will always cherish our amazing matches over the years and be grateful for those experiences Big hug Andy, stay strong. @andymurray

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
For once in his career, Isner will play someone taller than himself. His first round opponent Reilly Opelka is 7 feet tall.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Crazy thought though...I think they have a good shot.

They definitely have a shot, but it's gonna be very tough. Especially since it's a 2 day event now and they are both playing doubles. Best of 3 helps with that of course.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Has any country ever put forward a younger Davis Cup team, I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad