All Purpose Stastny Thread

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
If their best offer is $5 million (and Stastny doesn't take it) I'll be pissed at Kroenke/Sakic/Roy/Sherman/the dog.

I'm not saying to give him $7 million or anything crazy but I really think he's worth more than $5, especially on this team. He's a veteran leader, he's a big presence on the ice, he has chemistry and strong friendships with a lot of our core, and this team is very young but set up to win soon.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Reached the 60 point plateau for the first time since 09-10.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pauly has come up with some really clutch plays this year, like the two goals he picked up the last game. Without that, they probably get shutout or something.

Reminding me of his first couple seasons, when he just quietly made the big plays consistently. He isn't putting up quite as many points as then, but he's been playing the with same determination. Haven't quite seen that the last few years from him, and makes me confident in him being a big piece of a playoff team again.

Finding it really hard to see this team without Paul, and trusting Nate at center going forward behind Dutchy. Really think they just need to let him play on the wing, and re-sign Staz.

I haven't seen any sign that Nate will suffer the same issue with talented centers shifting to wing and not putting up the same kind of numbers. I think he can be like the upper echelon of wingers in the league that put up high point totals consistently from the wing.

He can play his game even more so from the wing, with a center that can distribute the puck to him, and make little give and go plays.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
At the beginning of the year, I said the Avs should consider moving O'Reilly and Stastny going forward. I qualified that by saying that if O'Reilly can successfully transition to wing and is willing to stay there, he becomes invaluable and should not be moved. That's what has happened. But I did not envision the turnaround Stastny has had this year (his UFA status likely hampered any ability to trade him anyways).

The guy is just too damn important now. Handling MacKinnon's development with the way Stastny has seemed to lock down that #2C spot is challenging. But you find a way to make it work.

Pay the man.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He has 43 points in his last 40.

That's some pretty solid consistency.

He's got 60 points in 70 games. I'd say if he didn't miss the games he did this year, and didn't go on that nine game scoreless streak when he had his first back problem, he'd easily be on the PPG pace we all saw his first four seasons in the league.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I believed in Stas, even when he was "bad". Good to see him bounce back with a huge season + game 1.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
I used to drive those vans filled with money, taking it to banks and ATMs.

I'll be available to drive the truckload of money the Avs should be delivering to Stastny's this summer.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I'm glad casper is making me seem like a prophet. I kept saying once he got a new coach expect a bounce back, a big bounce back, one that makes him unexpendable bounce back.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It's not just a new coach, it's exactly like I alluded to in the OP. His linemates.

Stastny w/ Landeskog = success. Stastny with crap = not success.

Stastny needs finishers to succeed, he can only do so much by himself.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
If he asks for 6.25-6.75 for 5 years or so, you just have to sign him. Could always try to get him to the lower end of that and hope he realizes to keep this team together for a while he'll need to take a little less, but anyone thinking he'll get under 6 are delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad