All Purpose Stastny Thread

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The idea that this could be Stastny's last season with the avs after staying through all the bad years is just heart breaking. I really like the guy despite being "overpayed." Please resign him, he's such a big part of the team now...
Yeah, it will feel strange if he isn't an Av anymore next season or even next week. I don't even want to think about it.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I'm terrified of losing Staz. I'll be doing backflips if Joe and Patrick find a way to keep Radar and Staz.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
The idea that this could be Stastny's last season with the avs after staying through all the bad years is just heart breaking. I really like the guy despite being "overpayed." Please resign him, he's such a big part of the team now...
Agreed "I delt with all the Sacco BS and you trade me to Columbus? Get ready to see me take a discount to go to Chi/STL and rip you up every time"

I'm kinda worried about the effect that trading Staz would have on the Avs as a group. As has been mentioned before, it seems to be a tight group with great camaraderie. If there is a correlation between good play on the ice and the off-ice social dynamic, I wonder how big a blow it would be to remove Stastny, especially where Duchene is concerned because we know that he and Staz are close.
Yeah, it could be rough on Dutchy. In that interview with DMac and Big Al he said Staz was one of his best friends on the team. Think he said it was tough playing against him in the US/Canada game too.

Well, to take a comparable situation, Deadmarsh and Forsberg were very close way back when too. Of course Deader hit a rut during his time in Colorado and at the time welcomed a fresh start.

No doubt losing Stastny would be a blow, but even a team as young as this one understands the business side of the game. I imagine they're prepared in the event that #26 gets moved
They might play lip service to the business but Staz wears an A for a reason. Not to mention, that 01 team still had Sakic, Foote, Roy, etc. And both guys were a lot farther along in their careers. I doubt Staz brings us a player like Rob Blake.

I'm sure they'd all suck it up and deal with it but Duchene especially does need someone to lean on, I think it would be toughest on him.
Especially if you believe Dater when he says there is still lingering tension between him and ROR. That could get ugly quick if Dutchy thinks ROR in some way cost him playing with his close friend. Then again you'd have to believe Dater...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Nah, Duchene and O'Reilly might not be best buddies but if there was anything I bet they have moved past it. They work so well together on the ice, there is a trust factor there. For the group to be as tight as they are now there shouldn't be lingering issues. Not everyone has to be best friends but they all have to get along to some extent. MacKinnon has really taken to O'Reilly, he is a great teammate.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Nah, Duchene and O'Reilly might not be best buddies but if there was anything I bet they have moved past it. They work so well together on the ice, there is a trust factor there. For the group to be as tight as they are now there shouldn't be lingering issues. Not everyone has to be best friends but they all have to get along to some extent. MacKinnon has really taken to O'Reilly, he is a great teammate.
I don't doubt that. Like I said...you'd have to believe Dater. In retrospect I probably should have avoided that quote altogether.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They might play lip service to the business but Staz wears an A for a reason. Not to mention, that 01 team still had Sakic, Foote, Roy, etc. And both guys were a lot farther along in their careers. I doubt Staz brings us a player like Rob Blake.

Right, Deader didn't bring Rob Blake by himself either, that wasn't my point. I'm saying people might be overestimating the impact Stastny's departure will have on team morale. It'd hurt, sure, but this isn't Brent Mayne being dealt by the Rockies here. There's enough talent and maturity there to weather the storm.

Mind you, my biggest concern about a Stastny trade is the impact of his loss on the ice. No one else on the roster does what he does, and no other forward save for O'Reilly takes on tougher opposition.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 1m
Stastny agent and Avs expected to talk later today. Situation still fluid, anything might still happen

Hopefully they get it sorted one way or another.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dater is sensationalizing it. Obviously anything can still happen but how many times does both Roy and Stastny have to be quoted in different publications with the same message for it not to make sense?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If he's willing to take a hometown discount, then it doesn't have to wait until the summer. If he's so intent on staying, then I don't see what the wait is.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
My guess is a 5 year deal @ $6-6.5 mil per year. I only say that much because he has reached his UFA years. I see it being closer to 6 if he truly wants the team to be in a good place, financially, going forward. (I hope ROR has the same values this summer)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If we had all 3 locked up at 6 mil per for many years to come... Avs would be in a really good position for years to come

Landy/Duchene/ROR and Stastny signed up for next 5-6 years.. That's great core for 5-6 years. We would be pretty much set offensively. Not to mention MacKinnon.. :yo:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Anything over 6M is not a hometown discount, IMO. He's a real good player, but I'm not paying him more than Duchene.

I don't buy the hometown discount until a deal is signed. Players say this all the time and it doesn't always come true.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Landy/Duchene/ROR and Stastny signed up for next 5-6 years.. That's great core for 5-6 years. We would be pretty much set offensively. Not to mention MacKinnon.. :yo:

The Avs could easily have 5 of their top 6 forwards under control for 5+ years on good contracts. The last RW could easily a cheaper UFA or a developed player.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Anything over 6M is not a hometown discount, IMO. He's a real good player, but I'm not paying him more than Duchene.

I don't buy the hometown discount until a deal is signed. Players say this all the time and it doesn't always come true.

Exactly 6 million would be hometown discount in my books. He can get 7+ million open market.

If he takes less than his making right now It's discount. Market for centers like Stastny is crazy. Especially in summer.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Stastny situation actually looks like it could be interesting over then next ~20 hours.

Figured for sure he'd be an Av the rest of the season regardless of if he signs back or not.

Now.... With the meeting today and everything that's been said the past couple of days, I'm thinking he could be moved out if no deal by the deadline.

Hopefully we resign him. I don't know what Ill do if we trade him. One of my Top 3 favorite Avs players.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
He's in the prime of his career, he likes the team, said he'd definitely take a discount, has been with the Avs the longest and is putting up a great season.

Anything less than re-signed is unacceptable to me, don't care about the return in a trade (unless it's ridiculous). Colorado has the cap space to get it done now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad