All Purpose Stastny Thread

BarryMikokinner

Dec 22, 2010
Toronto
Two UFA wingers whom we'd have no center for? I'd think it would be obvious that doesn't help us. Unless the first is Seth Jones...

Lupul would clearly be a sign-and-trade if we do it, but how would you feel if we threw in Kadri and you guys threw in a winger prospect then. To balance it out?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Lupul would clearly be a sign-and-trade if we do it, but how would you feel if we threw in Kadri and you guys threw in a winger prospect then. To balance it out?

Ignoring the unlikely factor of a sign and trade, we have no desire for Kadri, especially if he's your intended center replacement. He's not a 3rd line center and he's not good enough for our top 6.

You're also putting too much value in Lupul for a trade, he is a streaky player and having played a solid season does not ensure he will be good for us as well. I would rather keep Stastny and I'm sure many fellow Leafs fans would be interested in keeping Lupul + 1st since he is a little more proven for you guys.

I'd only be interested in the 1st if it become clear it was going to be a top 5 pick, which would be when Toronto decides to not trade it I'd venture.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
On pace to score 31 goals and 36 assists on the year.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
After scoring only 1 point in his first 4 games, Stastny has 12 points in his last 12 games.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
Landeskog is shooting more, it's really helped their chemistry.

Not to mention, when Stastny has a wide open net he's taking the shot, too.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Landeskog is shooting more, it's really helped their chemistry.

Not to mention, when Stastny has a wide open net he's taking the shot, too.

Yup.
Staz has started to shoot normally again. It has seemed that for the past few years he hasn't been selfish enough.

EDIT: Actually looking at the stats it seems like he is shooting less this season than normally.
Maybe it's just the past few games.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So, after playing with Landeskog for almost 50 games now what's everyone's thoughts on the strugglebus (only word I could think of, this girl I know won't stop using it in her everyday talk) Staz was on?

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I also know he played with Landy for ~10 games last season and it was both of their most productive stretches of time before Sacco reunited ROR/Landy. He's also scoring goals at a rate similar to his rookie year and a similar shooting % too, so it looks sustainable he could hit that 24-28 goal sweet spot he had during his prime.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Love the guy. I said a year ago, give this man a real coach again, let his morale raise out of the basement, and he'll be the paul of old. Glad he's proving me right.

I also think he's maybe one of the most under rated players on the team.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Love the guy. I said a year ago, give this man a real coach again, let his morale raise out of the basement, and he'll be the paul of old. Glad he's proving me right.

I also think he's maybe one of the most under rated players on the team.
Totally agree, has great hockey iq and just look at him play in Olympics. Hope we can keep him.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
I would love to have him in Preds Gold, if anything just to watch him play with Smith again. I just don't see the preds having what the Avs are looking for to trade for him. I doubt there is any interest in Ellis and I don't imagine Poile wants to break up Weber/Jones/Josi/MDZ since that's a top 4 that can grow and become scary in a few years.

Averick*

I would love to have him in Preds Gold, if anything just to watch him play with Smith again. I just don't see the preds having what the Avs are looking for to trade for him. I doubt there is any interest in Ellis and I don't imagine Poile wants to break up Weber/Jones/Josi/MDZ since that's a top 4 that can grow and become scary in a few years.

Yet you want a player in a top 6 that will also be scary in a few years.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Yet you want a player in a top 6 that will also be scary in a few years.

i dont think staz is getting much scarier... Unless I misread the thread title it's about Staz, and the posts previous to this are also Staz...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'm not so sure you should include MDZ in your "scary" top four, unless you mean scary in a bad way. Those other three though, yes, crazy talent right there.

I feel like the Preds need to do something to fundamentally shake their foundations. Not those top three D, but the forward mix needs to change.

I agree though, NSH and COL don't appear to be good trading partners.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
The idea that this could be Stastny's last season with the avs after staying through all the bad years is just heart breaking. I really like the guy despite being "overpayed." Please resign him, he's such a big part of the team now...

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I'm kinda worried about the effect that trading Staz would have on the Avs as a group. As has been mentioned before, it seems to be a tight group with great camaraderie. If there is a correlation between good play on the ice and the off-ice social dynamic, I wonder how big a blow it would be to remove Stastny, especially where Duchene is concerned because we know that he and Staz are close.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm kinda worried about the effect that trading Staz would have on the Avs as a group. As has been mentioned before, it seems to be a tight group with great camaraderie. If there is a correlation between good play on the ice and the off-ice social dynamic, I wonder how big a blow it would be to remove Stastny, especially where Duchene is concerned because we know that he and Staz are close.

Well, to take a comparable situation, Deadmarsh and Forsberg were very close way back when too. Of course Deader hit a rut during his time in Colorado and at the time welcomed a fresh start.

No doubt losing Stastny would be a blow, but even a team as young as this one understands the business side of the game. I imagine they're prepared in the event that #26 gets moved.

Kinda sucks though...that'll be three Avs jerseys of players no longer with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad