OT: All-Purpose Sports Thread II (NFL, MLB, NCAA, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Best 4-3 line probably.

I have a feeling that pretty soon a different team will have the best line, at least that runs a 3-4 scheme.

dm_140509_nfl_interview_clowney1437.jpg

Two fantastic edge rushers, but Powe keeps the Texans from being the best 3-4 team.

littleD

If anyone who's a fan of the league still thinks NFL teams didn't pass on Michael Sam because he's gay, they must be just ignorant or naive or something. Who was it, CBS Sports, who two days after he publicly came out, they dropped him in their pre-draft rankings from 90th to 160th or something. 70 spots in one weekend. That's before his bad combine performance. You think they did that on their own thinking, or was that influenced by what they were hearing around the league?

Will he make the Rams? Maybe not. But I'll be cheering for him. Unless he makes the team, and then I'll be cheering against him when he faces the 49ers twice a year. :D

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
If anyone who's a fan of the league still thinks NFL teams didn't pass on Michael Sam because he's gay, they must be just ignorant or naive or something. Who was it, CBS Sports, who two days after he publicly came out, they dropped him in their pre-draft rankings from 90th to 160th or something. 70 spots in one weekend. That's before his bad combine performance. You think they did that on their own thinking, or was that influenced by what they were hearing around the league?

Will he make the Rams? Maybe not. But I'll be cheering for him. Unless he makes the team, and then I'll be cheering against him when he faces the 49ers twice a year. :D

I don't cheer for players based on there race or if there gay or not i cheer for players who i think are good and should be in the pros with that said i hope Sam does make the team not because he is gay but because he has skill and derserves a shot.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Two fantastic edge rushers, but Powe keeps the Texans from being the best 3-4 team.

Louis Nix was widely regarded as the best NT prospect in the draft and they picked him up in the 3rd round... I wont go as far as to say theyve got the best line, theyve got a pretty impressive front 7...

Clowney-Cushing-Reed-Mercilus
Watt-Nix-_____

I really like what the Texans did to improve the team over the weekend, they added quite a few versatile pieces that allow other players to move and improve the team...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
F1 sucks. I used to love this sport. I have been to 30 Grands Prix in my lifetime, watching since the Villeneuve days, Gilles that is, and now the cars sound like a joke and have taken away the excitement that one expects at a Formula One race.

It is amazing the technology and yes, F1 technology makes its way down to passenger cars. I get that. But they have completely forgotten the true petrol heads that love tha sounds of the cars. Now the sound like an extended fart.

I remember walking into the venues I have been and hearing the screams of these engines, the whoosh of these cars making a whole in the air, the braking, crackling sonic booms of downshifts, and foot to the floor engines wailing. Glorious Ferrari V12s, Mercedes V10s, and now, V6 turbos that sound like a family car.

Sorry for the rant, but for those who have never been to a race, you probably wouldn't understand. For those who have, you will! Watching on Tv and seeing these machines live, it is quite the spectacle.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
PGA and Webcom news

4 Canadians in the HP Byron Nelson Championship
Delaet and Weir finished -6 tied for 2nd
Fritsch finished +1 tied for 67th

Ames DQ'd

9 Canadians entered in the BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation

top Canadians are

Burke and Hughes -7 tied for 28th

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
At the end

Weir was 2nd
Delaet tied for 7th
Fritsch tied for 59th

On the WebCom
Sloan was the top Canuck tied for 18th

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
This week a little different for Brad Fritsch as he is playing the Rex Hospital Open on the Web Com Tour
After 2 rounds
Fritsch and Sloan are -5 tied for 18th, Hadwin -4 and Choi -3 made the cut.

On the PGA it is the Crowne Plaza Invitational, 2 Canadians are entered

Hearn is -4 tied for 11th
Delaet is -1 tied for 36th.

Last edited:

littleD

One last big soccer match before the World Cup kicks off in just under three weeks.

No matter what happens tomorrow, there will be a party in Madrid.

cH0b7ML.jpg

2:45pm EST on Sportsnet.

Real Madrid are trying to win La Decima, aka their 10th Champions League trophy. Atletico are looking for their first Champions League title. They just won the Spanish league title last weekend.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
the Rex Hospital Open on the Web Com Tour
After 3 rounds
Fritsch -6 tied for 9th, and Choi -1, Hadwin +1 and Sloan +3.

On the PGA it is the Crowne Plaza Invitational,

Delaet is -3 tied for 25th.
Hearn is even tied for 56th

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Good weekend for the Canadians on the Golf circuit.

On the PGA circuit
DeLaet finished tied for 14th
Hearn finished tied for 21st

On the Web Com Tour

Fritsch finished tied for 4th

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Golf time
This weeks PGA tour event FedEx St. Jude Classic from Memphis is being plagued with the weather, play was suspended on the first 2 days, a lot of players including Brad Fritsch are only starting there 2 nd round on the 3rd day. There are 3 Canadians competing Fritsch, Hearn and Ames.
Hearn just finished the first 9 in his 2nd round and is -2
Fritsch has played 3 holes on 2nd round and is +1 for the tournament so far
Ames finished his 2nd round and is +4
Current cut is even par.
Web com tour 8 Canadians entered 6 made the cut, best Canadian so far is Roger Sloan currently tied for 12th
9 Canadians on the LPGA event 16 year old Brooke Henderson is currently -3 for the tournament tied for 44th.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
All 3 Canadians failed to make the cut, Fritsch was 2 over, i'm sure his play was not helped by the fact that one of his playing partners was +27.
Adam Hadwin is top Canadian on Web Com tied for 12th and Brooke henderson tied for 50th on LPGA.

littleD

In less than 24 hours, it's World Cup time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First game tomorrow is Brazil-Croatia at 4pm eastern.

All games in Canada are shown on CBC, with replays on Sportsnet.
Broadcast schedule

CBC will also offer streaming of each match online.

Some group matches to look out for...

June 13: Spain vs. Netherlands - rematch of the (awful) 2010 final.
June 14: Italy vs. England
June 15: Argentina vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina - first ever World Cup match for the Bosnians.
June 16: Germany vs. Portugal
June 17: Brazil vs. Mexico
June 19: Uruguay vs. England

Places to watch games in Ottawa...
Viewing Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad