OT: All-Purpose Sports Thread II (NFL, MLB, NCAA, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Texans will win the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains.
Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains.
Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.â€

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Nice touch.

Rams won again today. First three-game win streak since '06. Today, I'm a happy Rams fan.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Pats will have something to say about it..
Meh, the Pats are hot right now.

I'm not really a big believer in them. They've still got a lot of weaknesses, and more importantly, there are a lot of things working that wasn't expected to, so if they can't sustain that success I don't know.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Meh, the Pats are hot right now.

I'm not really a big believer in them. They've still got a lot of weaknesses, and more importantly, there are a lot of things working that wasn't expected to, so if they can't sustain that success I don't know.

Yeah Pats are weak in a few areas, mostly the secondary, so Schaub may go off, but they have been better the past couple of weeks..

This game would be a lot different with Gronkowski playing too.. Either way, it will be a hell of a game, hope to see it again in the playoffs...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yeah Pats are weak in a few areas, mostly the secondary, so Schaub may go off, but they have been better the past couple of weeks..

This game would be a lot different with Gronkowski playing too.. Either way, it will be a hell of a game, hope to see it again in the playoffs...

I have a gut feeling the Broncos will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

Good balance on that team. I'm not saying they're necessarily better than the Pats or Texans, but they can hang with them for sure, and I just have this feeling that Peyton's going to go off knowing it might be one of his last legit Super Bowl chances. It's a hunch.

NFC, I think it's a 2-way toss-up between the 49ers and the Packers. I know the Falcons are the best team in the standings, but I look at them, and they look like they're going to fall into the same old trap of:
1) securing a bye early
2) taking the foot off the pedal
3) resting key players too much during the last few weeks & the bye and getting rusty.
4) getting caught off guard ad beat in the playoffs by a team with a ton of momentum.

... basically, I can see the Falcons puling a "Packers" from last season (losing to a hot & motivated Giants team).

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I think Peyton will get picked a part by the Texans defence, just like they did when they played each other earlier.

They had a good late 3rd/4th quarter, but the Broncos offense was dominated before that...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bronco's that early on were still trying to get everyone on the right track, individual efforts was scattered throughout the team and undisciplined plays. Bronco's are firing on all cylinders now, it's gonna be interesting to see.

With that being said, COLTSSSSSS BABY!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think Peyton will get picked a part by the Texans defence, just like they did when they played each other earlier.

They had a good late 3rd/4th quarter, but the Broncos offense was dominated before that...

Three things:
1) you're assuming the Texans even face the Broncos in the playoffs. The Pats could eliminate the Texans before Denver even has a shot at them. We have no idea how the seedings are going to be yet.
2) Regular season =/= playoffs.
3) Both the Texans and the Broncos are not the same teams that played eachother earlier in the season. Week 3 might as well have been last year. This Broncos team has won 8 in a row. LOTS of roster changes on both sides (injuries). If you think "3rd ever game with a new team" Peyton is the same as "had a whole season to gel and it's playoff time, baby!" Peyton, you are seriously underestimating one of the top-3 QB's of all time.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Showing their true colours
I'm guessing you're trying to troll me?

The Texans are going to be fine. They're just recovering from an injury bug that sent two pro-bowlers on the sideline (one for the entire season). I can withstand the apparently "funny" sarcastic remarks that Bonk will make and the comments he makes thinking he's some sort of knowledgeable person on the subject, but you can only draw so much from one game.

To Bonk's point, there's just as good of a chance that the Broncos get eliminated by the Pats, or even that the Broncos OR Patriots even make the AFC game (just like the Texans). Seriously, stop trying to senselessly banter my opinion like you do any freaking time. Right before the game I said that I think whoever is home will win the game between the Texans and the Patriots.

Oh, and if you're not trolling Mat, kindly let me know so I can ask one of the mods if it's possible to ignore someone in a thread, because clearly you'd instantly be one of the dumbest football fans to ever grace the earth. That's not a personal attack, it's just referring to your lack of a clue in terms of football.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Truth is, I'm glad the Texans are going through this adversity. They're going to have to win this year without their leader on defence, and going through games like this (and Green Bay) should be enough to motivate.

Tonight, they're getting destroyed. I don't think the big difference is in coaching like Bonk is saying, I think it's in the on-field product right now. Matt Schaub is having his worst game of the year, and Arian Foster is. You could honestly tell that from the first drive. Regroup, and make sure if you face them in the playoffs that the two people who touch the ball every down aren't as bad as they were tonight.

EDIT: Not trying to attack anyone personally, just defending my team that is getting unfairly analyzed for having a bad game. It happens people, it doesn't mean they're not legitimate contenders.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Tonight, they're getting destroyed. I don't think the big difference is in coaching like Bonk is saying, I think it's in the on-field product right now. Matt Schaub is having his worst game of the year, and Arian Foster is...

I hate the Patriots, but fully recognize Belichick as being probably the greatest head coach of all time. If not of all time, he's easily, easily a top-3.

If you don't think Schaub & Foster having bad games is at least partially due to the Pats superbly game-planning them, you're not giving Evil Bill his due.

Though I agree, Manked, this is probably good for the Texans. Get plastered, go back and watch the video, find out how the Patriots attacked your holes, and make those holes disappear. Adjust your game so if you meet in the playoffs, you can hopefully throw the Pats something they didn't see during this rout.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Patriots were beneficiary of a lot of big calls that went their way tonight combined with marvelous luck. The score was more butchered than the actual game indicated. Then again the Pats came to play and Texans played a horrible game.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Good win for the Pats, the up tempo offense killed the Texans tonight, can't see them not being prepared for that if they do play again.. Although it only gets worse when Gronkowski comes back...

Pats defense probably played one of their best games of the year too... Wilfork is a beast...

And holy smokes JJ Watt is something, I had never really watched him before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad