Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Chris Wilkie! My god what a beautiful goal!
Made the game 1-0.
Iowa tied it
Garrett Mitchell tipped an Anton Lindholm shot to regain the lead (last gif)
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
5 goals by Icehogs in win ..but all of them by career AHL ers...none by Stan and Kley's pucks...Looks like the "kids" Stab and Kelley drafted and okaying in the AHK are not that impressive at that level and so more on the suspects lists than anything useful in prospects to take a job in the show.

Time to fire Kelley and his staff who scout juniors for tge entry draftand replace them with the pro scouts or euro pro scouts to find real talent .

Of course defenderscof Kelkeycanf his staff might not blame them for too many misses but rather blame the Hawks development coaches at tge minor league level for not being able to develop more imoactful players vs the opps of otherr teams at the pre-NHL pro level.
We shoukdvinstead be seeing more of those Stan and Kelley drafted producing more in tge AHL to get their shot at a job in the show..
But my point is...we are not.

It is tge prosxwe signed off otger orgsAHL clubs tgatxare scoring ..and tgse are not tge best pros in the AHL either so doubtful any who scored last night will make an NHL roster

This show that our pipeline is not really going to give us much of anything "above replacement"..ie. a bunch of "just another guy" types.

Our pipeline has a long way to go tovstack uo with a lot of other NHL teams prospects who are doing better than ours at the AHL level.

May be a harsh critique..but factts are facts and it seems tge career AhL types are doing most of tgexscoribg for Rockford not Stan's and Kelley's draftees on the team.

Entwhistke hyped to the moon on thse boards.. yet where is the production ?

Aa...love tgecenergy but not exactly lighting up tge AHL.

And so on...Barratt etc...

Or none of the Dmen draftees firing in pucks much.

So where...really ...is the pipeline of drafted prospects playing in Rockford anything to get excited about?

:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
5 goals by Icehogs in win ..but all of them by career AHL ers...none by Stan and Kley's pucks...Looks like the "kids" Stab and Kelley drafted and okaying in the AHK are not that impressive at that level and so more on the suspects lists than anything useful in prospects to take a job in the show.

Time to fire Kelley and his staff who scout juniors for tge entry draftand replace them with the pro scouts or euro pro scouts to find real talent .

Of course defenderscof Kelkeycanf his staff might not blame them for too many misses but rather blame the Hawks development coaches at tge minor league level for not being able to develop more imoactful players vs the opps of otherr teams at the pre-NHL pro level.
We shoukdvinstead be seeing more of those Stan and Kelley drafted producing more in tge AHL to get their shot at a job in the show..
But my point is...we are not.

It is tge prosxwe signed off otger orgsAHL clubs tgatxare scoring ..and tgse are not tge best pros in the AHL either so doubtful any who scored last night will make an NHL roster

This show that our pipeline is not really going to give us much of anything "above replacement"..ie. a bunch of "just another guy" types.

Our pipeline has a long way to go tovstack uo with a lot of other NHL teams prospects who are doing better than ours at the AHL level.

May be a harsh critique..but factts are facts and it seems tge career AhL types are doing most of tgexscoribg for Rockford not Stan's and Kelley's draftees on the team.

Entwhistke hyped to the moon on thse boards.. yet where is the production ?

Aa...love tgecenergy but not exactly lighting up tge AHL.

And so on...Barratt etc...

Or none of the Dmen draftees firing in pucks much.

So where...really ...is the pipeline of drafted prospects playing in Rockford anything to get excited about?

:

:facepalm:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the hawks drafting has been solid. AA MCE philips barret have all been fine. we dont realy have any hight picks there. mitchel, dach, cat, boquist, beudin. reichel. who after them would you be a 100% sure you would retake instread of them?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
the hawks drafting has been solid. AA MCE philips barret have all been fine. we dont realy have any hight picks there. mitchel, dach, cat, boquist, beudin. reichel. who after them would you be a 100% sure you would retake instread of them?
I know it's nit picking but I'm sure we'd all rather have Adam Fox than Kayumov.
Shit, I'd rather have him than Cat. Every team passed on him at least once though.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I know it's nit picking but I'm sure we'd all rather have Adam Fox than Kayumov.
Shit, I'd rather have him than Cat. Every team passed on him at least once though.
Fox wouldn't have signed with us.

I'm sure the teams that didn't draft him had some inside information.

Reactions: Pertti

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ok..maybe a little harsh *so far) on Syan and Kelley...but the fact is when in the ladt 7 years have they drafted any 3rd roundsrctgat had impact?

Other teams seem to find 1 gem after round 2 that impacts..why have they not?

Ie.WhereviscourcCarter Verhaehhe?

A guy who first dominatesctgexAhl before getting his bog chance after leafs trade him and now impacts for Florida?

Sire everyone isvtemminusvjowctgeyblove Altybarmakyan's wirk ethic...but the ckivk isctomg.. Verharghe blossomed in the Ahl to domibatecatv23/24 and AA is already 22 I believe. So cool ticking but given Stan's record of not exactly great after roundctwo in finding impacts gems?A A has a lot ofbproduction that had bettercsyartcshowing next 2 yearsvorvelse :just anotger guy". And there have been a lot of "justcanother guy" picks by Kelley compared to gets found by other teamsxafter roubdctwo(first 2crounds you have greater probability of impact pkayers)...

So maybe a bit ore-mature since a lot of the picks at Rockfordcarecstill very yung.but the point is 1 or 2 of then must "devekio" to actualky impact...else Kelley will getcan F for his after round 2 assessments at the draft.
Of course if Crevier truly cN be a Chara shutdown guy then I forgive all the above criticism.

We shall see ..but I cannot accept hype by some Rockford watchers about how wonderful the drFt picks are pkaying when it is not showing I rheboroductionor +/- stays.

Now if the coach is only using his Ahl vets in PO featured roles to try to "win" gamesorbpjayscthise Ahl older vets agaibst thebooos weaker checkers to try to score more then of course such a strategy would put the kid draftees at a disadvantage to produce more.

I do not knowvif that us the case..

Alk I know is that none of our "prpsprcys"there who were our draftees are impacting greatly on the Ahl leader boards for goalsbor assists and +/-...

So it hardly inspires a "wow!" Let us get excited euphoria...ratger it inspires doubts that tgey just drafted more "JAGs" (Just Another Guy" type "orospects' tgat u reality are more 'suspects" until they prove they realjy deserve a spot in the show to actually make a difference "above replacement" let alone to impact.....else tgey will merely be "justcanither guy".

Too many just another guy drafteescand Kelley and his staff sjoukdcand need to be replaced.

So I will reserve judgementvto ve fairvforcacfew morevyearscdorvthevcurrentvprosoectvgrouo at Rockford from our draft s but if none realky "develio" to be irreplaceable then it would be asbifvourcsvouts just kept us treading water.

Paid to.make sonevhits...where are the hits?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Be careful.

Mama bear (mama pig? mama hog?) is gonna kick in.

I understand the point, but if Phillips continues progressing, he's going to be a steal from the 5th round.

Cole Moberg is also solid and was a 7th rounder. Idk if he ever sees the Blackhawks lineup. But, like Phillips, if he continues progressing - he could be good NHL depth.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone have a premium Elite Prospects membership? Is it worth it?

To be clear, I am not looking for someone to share it with me.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
CD50. I want compliment you on your blog/podcast/whatever the kids call it these days. While it is not really my style I respect that you are honest in your opinion and seem to keep genuine to who you are. Good work.

Michael Leighton sucks.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Anyone have a premium Elite Prospects membership? Is it worth it?

To be clear, I am not looking for someone to share it with me.

I do

If you get it for the content (prospect and draft analysis) it’s worth it. But if you’re just looking up stats and player info, there’s really no added value vs the free site.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad