Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i am in total agreement with you on the young Russians. i had concern with the one who is a hot temper one, but dang it, roll the dice and see what up. his production is of high value and i will kiss the devil himself if the Bhawks can get back the SC finals.
That would have been Kayumov that you're referring to. He had an altercation with a ref.

Reactions: d rake and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That would have been Kayumov that you're referring to. He had an altercation with a ref.
in Russia didn't he also had problems with team-mates.....

either way, i still like to see him in a Bhawks uni.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah the Powers article on Kayumov interestingly ended with a note he just changed agents and his old agent said he wasn't gonna talk contract during the season.

Guess he wanted to stay over what I figured would he coming to Rockford if he signed next year still. After 2 more years he'll be at that point if he comes itll probably be nhl or bust and he'll be like 24.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
its a disservice with whom are advising these Rus hockey players. it appears that they think all they do is play in the minors.

well yeah if they do not believe in their talent, but hey where is believe in one self.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Regula was cut for team USA.

Edit: Nope, I was right the first time. He is NOT on the roster.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Disappointing to hear about Kayumov. Hopefully that won't dissuade Alty from coming over.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Rockford down 2-0 in their game currently tonight. Looking at that lineup it's gotten thin in experienced playmakers. No Quennevelle, dylan Sikura, or Highmore. I'd hope one gets sent back soon is rather even have like Wedin up for one of them down there.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Rockford down 2-0 in their game currently tonight. Looking at that lineup it's gotten thin in experienced playmakers. No Quennevelle, dylan Sikura, or Highmore. I'd hope one gets sent back soon is rather even have like Wedin up for one of them down
there.

Would like to see Sikura get sent down. No reason to keep him up here and sit on the bench.

Reactions: bwana63

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if Stan will go after Artyom Zub...6'2 198 lb dman whose contract with SKA in the KHL ends at the end of this season...He is just 24 yrs old...Has 10 g 7a in 37 games played so far this season and is +23 ..He had 7vgoals last season and finished +23..

Seems like he could be a good free agent if he wants to try the NHL and does not re-extend with SKA.

Never drafted...but developed in Russia /late bloomer?

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Fiddy, for a guy who seems to know his hockey (once we run your posts through a decoder ring), you sure do like your +/-.

Reactions: bwana63

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A rather nice weekend of 2 games by the top prospect not at the world juniors...Marco Rossi had 6 points in 2 games over Sateday and Sunday ...5 goals and an assist....A hatty for Saturday and a 2g 1apple for Sunday.

Reactions: d rake

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
A rather nice weekend of 2 games by the top prospect not at the world juniors...Marco Rossi had 6 points in 2 games over Sateday and Sunday ...5 goals and an assist....A hatty for Saturday and a 2g 1apple for Sunday.
OK HF50. If Hawks get a second 1st rnd’r., I will contact Mark and Stan and insist he be your pick.
If Alex is gone, I’m leaning to the German from what I’ve seen so far at WJC’s.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
OK HF50. If Hawks get a second 1st rnd’r., I will contact Mark and Stan and insist he be your pick.
If Alex is gone, I’m leaning to the German from what I’ve seen so far at WJC’s.

I agree, I like Stutzle more than Byfield at this point.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ian Mitchell with a goal today as Canada wins Spengler Cup 4-0 in Championship Final game vs.Trinec...

MITCHELL had only 1 g 1a in all of his Spengler Cup games...So nothing special offensively ..but he played very well defensively..

Surprisingly Versteeg had a very good Spengler Cup a his age ...And a very impactfual Spengler Cup for Kevin Clark a 32 yr old Canadian winger playing in the Swiss A league ...(Clark scored 6 goals and 2 assists in the tournament in 4GP...Versterg with his 1g and1a today finished with 3g 2a in 4GP in the tournament...he was plus 5 after 3GP and both points today were on the PP...and I re-checked and he was indeed on for that 4th Canada goal which was at ES...so Versteeg finishes +6 for the 4 games.

Given his great performance in his swan song (Versteeg said he would retire after the Spengler Cup) one wonders if his retirement is prenature..Perhaps he could help the Hawks better than the ineffectual Alex Nylander who seems to have put himself in the doghouse with insipid play and reduced minutes..

Maybe Versterg should re-consider if Hawks offered to sign him(cap room givenLTIR savings)

Also should sed if Clark has an out clause on his co tract with his Swiss League Club if he got an NHL mid season offer.

These 2 vets in their 30s seem to still have some talent in the tank and seem to work well together on a line and in the pp.

Just a thought given how well they played in the tournament.

Anyway.. Mitchell's goal was a nice wrister from distance after he faked a shot ...delayed then fired it ...on a 5 one PP...nice.. And as I said he played very well defensively and rushing pucks out of his zone e..but still just 1g and1a in 4GP so not exactly a Makar like "diffenevce-maker" be a "special" threat on attack..but nevertheless hecshould be good enough to take a spot on the Hawks because he plays with great competence and unlike most Hawks dmen can actually rush pucks out by himself ..so that should help us a lot.

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Anyway.. Mitchell's goal was a nice wrister from distance after he faked a shot ...delayed then fired it ...on a 5 one PP...nice.. And as I said he played very well defensively and rushing pucks out of his zone e..but still just 1g and1a in 4GP so not exactly a Makar like "diffenevce-maker" be a "special" threat on attack..but nevertheless hecshould be good enough to take a spot on the Hawks because he plays with great competence and unlike most Hawks dmen can actually rush pucks out by himself ..so that should help us a lot.

No one's expecting Mitchell to be as impactful as Makar. That said, agree with your other points. Looking forward to seeing Mitchell in a Hawks sweater.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Anyone have any insight into Mitchell's year so far?

I’m interested whether he’s looked ready to make the jump to the NHL with time in Rockford. We sure could use him if he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad