Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
He did something similar in the OHL. He has been driving shots the whole time.

I know, I was never worried. I remembered he had a slow start in the OHL, just nice to see him start to have some success. 6 points in 8 games feels alot better than 1 point in 6.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It kills me that Seabrook is playing over Boqvist.

Are they gonna send Mitchell and Boqvist down to the minors for the next four years to appease the fatass? Sickening.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
@hawksfan50

Hawks have fromm's rights through this year, then they expire.
I could see them signing him to an elc. He has signed a pto with Rockford before.
Plus lots of contract spots coming off the books for the hawks.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
lol. Hyperbole much?

Boqvist will be a regular next season, at the very latest. Mitchell may be too, but that's more of an unknown.

Ian Mitchell will need to be or he probably won't sign here. He's the captain of one of the best teams in college hockey and really has no business being forced into Rockford because of Seabrook. That's Stan and Co. problem to figure out, not Mitchell's.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Mitchell isn't the entitled type to want roster spots cleared for him or else...

He is a very high character kid who will make the team on his own merit.

(I swear this shit that he might not sign gets regurgitated at least once a month)

I think next year we roll Murphy, Mitchell and Boqvist on the right with Seabrook rotating with each kid every once in a while.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Ian Mitchell will need to be or he probably won't sign here. He's the captain of one of the best teams in college hockey and really has no business being forced into Rockford because of Seabrook. That's Stan and Co. problem to figure out, not Mitchell's.

Pretty confident Mitchell is signing shortly after his season is over, regardless of whether Seabs' status is resolved.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Pretty confident Mitchell is signing short after his season is over, regardless of whether Seabs' status is resolved.

hope you're right...I take the kid at his word but i'd understand if he went back for his senior season if they don't make it very clear how he'll have a full time spot...Boqvist and Murphy already account for two...Do they just bite the bullet and buyout Seabrook? Or maybe trade a LHD and play Boqvist on his off side?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
hope you're right...I take the kid at his word but i'd understand if he went back for his senior season if they don't make it very clear how he'll have a full time spot...Boqvist and Murphy already account for two...Do they just bite the bullet and buyout Seabrook? Or maybe trade a LHD and play Boqvist on his off side?

As long as it's clear that there will be a changing of the guard, within a reasonable time frame, I think that will satisfy Mitchell. Ray Charles could see that Seabs is running on fumes. Doubt if he'll be a deterrent.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
hope you're right...I take the kid at his word but i'd understand if he went back for his senior season if they
don't make it very clear how he'll have a full time spot...Boqvist and Murphy already account for two...Do
they just bite the bullet and buyout Seabrook? Or maybe trade a LHD and play Boqvist on his off side?

They might very well buyout seabrook. But there are options to keep Mitchell up with the big club.
Assuming Boqvist is up next year for sure, either buying out seabs, trading Murphy to even trading Maatta or De Hann.

I would love for them to put seabrook in a Michael roszival role for a year. Rotating in and out. 7th
dman.

Next year

Keith Boqvist
De Hann Mitchell
Maatta Murphy
Seabrook

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They might very well buyout seabrook. But there are options to keep Mitchell up with the big club.
Assuming Boqvist is up next year for sure, either buying out seabs, trading Murphy to even trading Maatta or De Hann.

I would love for them to put seabrook in a Michael roszival role for a year. Rotating in and out. 7th
dman.

Next year

Keith Boqvist
De Hann Mitchell
Maatta Murphy
Seabrook

Putting Seabrook at 7 makes a lot of sense but does he want to accept that role and will any other players not approve of it

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

What about trading Murphy for a similar LHD?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Murphy can play both sides.

True. It wouldn’t be a necessity. With Mitchell, the roster spot shouldn’t be an issue. It’s whether or not he wants to be a free agent. That’s the risk drafting college players. Who wouldn’t at least entertain the idea in his position?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Murphy can play both sides.
Eh, he still barely has done it. Q had him doing it and it is notable he looked better there because he said it was around that time he finally got Qs system.

But If you're moving a RD to the left to fill Boqvist or Mitchell should be the one playing LD

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Eh, he still barely has done it. Q had him doing it and it is notable he looked better there because he said it was around that time he finally got Qs system.

But If you're moving a RD to the left to fill Boqvist or Mitchell should be the one playing LD

But he did it well. You play the ones who are comfortable doing it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hesitant to move Murphy so Seabrook can continue to eat a spot. At some point they need to make the tough decision and move Seabrook into a platoon role. They can still get him in games and he'll have a leadership role. Moving Murphy for picks and cap space doesn't make a ton of sense in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF and hawksrule

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Make Seabs a 4th line winger ...He can attack better than he defends ...he can still bring it on the shot..Sure he could be caught up ice Tat a forward..but s no different than with Toews or Saad when they getvcaught deep lose puck in the o-zone and the ooos break-outvin transition odd man advantage...notcasvif Toews Saad can come from way behind to back-check...so if Seabsvis a forward caught deep...aame thing..no diff...but he might actually be good as a heavyvshotvshoiter...something our forwards seem to lack a lot of with fancy over-oassi g or missing the net or feeblecweak shot if on net ..Seabs actually might be a better shooting threat at forwardd.

OF Course you need to lmit his minutes and give him o-zone starts as much as possible.

Moving hom to forwards opens a d-spot....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Marco Rossi is Pasternaking tonight ...a hatty and 2 apples forvthe 67s vs.Kingston...this was 5 points after 2 periods ..Playing 3rd period now ...score is now 8-3 For Ottawa over Kingston..About 13 minutes remain in 3rd period as I post this.

Reactions: d rake

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rossivsets up his RW Keating forcOttawa's 10th goal...Score now 10-4 ...about 9 minutes remain in the game..So that is 3g 3a for Rossi and the same for Keating...that isxwhatvyou want from the top line Centercand RW...

But...whacky games I typed the abovecrepirt ,Kinbgston justcsvored 2 quick goals...score now 10-6 forcOrtawa...A bit over 5 monitesx remain in the game now.

Reactions: d rake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad