Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Snow in Arizona? :eek:
Not what one would expect, but that is cool.

Arizona is divided into three broad climate zones. The Colorado Plateau cuts into the northeast part of the state so there's very high elevation (it's generally around 2000m in elevation). It's a dry climate but it does get cold enough to snow in that region. It is not very populated and there's a lot of tribal land in that part of the state.

The populated part is the southwestern region of the state, in which the cities of Phoenix, Tucson, and Yuma are. That's the Sonoran Desert, and snow there is almost unheard of.

In between those two is a transition zone, and that's where I live. It's not a temperate climate at elevation (I'm at around 1650m) and during seasons with wet weather there can be dozens of snow storms and it sticks around from about mid-November until the end of March. It is also not very populated, but contains towns like Payson where I live (population ~12,000) and Flagstaff (population ~70,000).

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
What a laser to tie it lol.

Arizona is divided into three broad climate zones. The Colorado Plateau cuts into the northeast part of the state so there's very high elevation (it's generally around 2000m in elevation). It's a dry climate but it does get cold enough to snow in that region. It is not very populated and there's a lot of tribal land in that part of the state.

The populated part is the southwestern region of the state, in which the cities of Phoenix, Tucson, and Yuma are. That's the Sonoran Desert, and snow there is almost unheard of.

In between those two is a transition zone, and that's where I live. It's not a temperate climate at elevation (I'm at around 1650m) and during seasons with wet weather there can be dozens of snow storms and it sticks around from about mid-November until the end of March. It is also not very populated, but contains towns like Payson where I live (population ~12,000) and Flagstaff (population ~70,000).
What a cool state arizona is though, you can go do summer activities all year in the sonoran desert part and go skiing after a few hour drive up north lol.
Ty for the knowledge, wish i could like posts so here is a dancing monkey. :m-dance:

Reactions: Katie Connauton

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bunch of fans on reddit want to try and import some of this to Jersey.

I got one am on board with North American crowds injecting a little Euro flavor into things. Just seems like a much more fun experience for the fans.

It’s one of the things that makes the World Hockey Championship in the spring such a fun tournament to watch, Europeans watch the game so much differently.

Hockey culture is far more than the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia