All purpose PHANEUF trade rumour thread

Taras

Oct 17, 2012
Toronto
Phaneuf to Washington

I think Phaneuf to Washington would be a perfect fit.

I'm not sure if we could get any descent return but a protected first, one if their cap dumps and a decent prospect should be fair.

Thoughts?

Hogzilla

Mar 5, 2014
St. Catharines, Ont
I just don't want to see us retaining salary again. The Kessel 1.2 salary just substituted for Truckers cap hit that finally came off the books, it would suck to have Phaneuf's cap hit stay with us as well. If we can get a 1st round pick for him and retain no salary, I'll probably take it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Phaneuf is looking like he's staying. Rumours are now to a zero. Not even a hint or smoke that indicates the Leafs pushing to trade him.

I really think he'll be back to start the season. A shame because I really think the Leafs need to trade him as well as a few others to really kick start this rebuild.

It will take some patience. Not the end of the world.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Am I the only one that wouldn't mind phaneuf staying? Despite the crap he Gets he still has a good work ethic, and is a solid #2 guy. Ideally id like someone else to step up and make him expendable given his age and our desire to be a younger team but there really is no one who can do that. Riellys close but best case scenario, he'd probably be paired with Dion.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It takes two to tango, and it doesn't seem like anybody wants to dance with us. Hopefully, Bozak will go. But I think we are stuck with Phaneuf and Lupul for the time being and maybe longer. But as Daisy and others have pointed out, this is a process that can take a while, several years in some cases.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad