Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Except for the whole Sid has the same point total with nearly 2 less seasons played.

McCurdy was mostly looking at analytics mostly on a per hour basis. 5v5 per hour shots, goals, points, etc. So that would eliminate the issue of more games played in the comparisons.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Bloody Wilson again. So stupid unless they expect Hornqvist to be a GTD.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hard to figure how Blueger hasn't seen so much as a single NHL game over the last 3 years.

Has to be incredibly frustrating for the guy. I don't know why he'd re-sign here when the org fast-tracks college free agents and AHL journeymen but won't so much as throw him a bone.

Reactions: Son Goku

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still his first pro season though so unless he’s blowing the competition away he’s going to be in the AHL while he’s still developing.

Simon got a cup of coffee in his first season without blowing the doors off. ZAR got a lot more than that. I can probably find more examples if I look. It's not like they've never done it.

Hard to figure how Blueger hasn't seen so much as a single NHL game over the last 3 years.

Has to be incredibly frustrating for the guy. I don't know why he'd re-sign here when the org fast-tracks college free agents and AHL journeymen but won't so much as throw him a bone.

Because he has no choice if he wants to play in the NHL. I imagine he's probably counting down the days until he becomes waiver eligible.

Also, ZAR's the only guy who's been fast tracked. Wilson joined the baby pens at the same time that Blueger did as a pro.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Simon got a cup of coffee in his first season without blowing the doors off. ZAR got a lot more than that. I can probably find more examples if I look. It's not like they've never done it.

Because he has no choice if he wants to play in the NHL. I imagine he's probably counting down the days until he becomes waiver eligible.

Also, ZAR's the only guy who's been fast tracked. Wilson joined the baby pens at the same time that Blueger did as a pro.

They are all different circumstances and different players replacing different players in different times/seasons so each scenario can’t be seen equally.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Exactly... Nothing happens. Thats what your usually looking for when you pluging in a 4th liner for a week or two.

And moreover a call-up to boot. Lets not try to reinvent the role of a 4th liner. Im happy with zero production but also zero goals against... in a vacuum of course.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
is Geno gonna make 11 this year:laugh:

People *****ing about Geno’s points should get some perspective....

Last year on January 7, the Pens had played 44 games and G had 17 goals and 25 assists for 42 points...

This year as of the last game on January 8, Pens had played 43 games and he has 13 goals and 32 assists for 45 points...

I believe he had 40+ goals by the end of last season and that was his best goal totals in 5 years....he has time to pick things up, or not, but let’s all jump off a bridge and claim he’s washed up

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I guess? He’s a minor leaguer at this point.

That's self-evident. What's not is whether he could be a more useful depth option than Garrett "3 points in 54 career NHL games" Wilson now or moving forward.

Hadn't thought about that - I guess he is an RFA after this year. That waiver-eligible claim has to be on his mind, you can hear the frustration in some of his quotes. I don't want prospects who could potentially play an effective role here getting the idea that they can't get so much as a

giphy.gif

because 28 year old AHL journeymen who score at a 4 points per season pace and don't even really PK at the NHL level get prioritized. In the end, it's just a call-up...but I'm seeing us defer to lower-talent grit in support roles a little too often recently for my taste. It's an element to consider, but it seems to be given more weight than it should.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Yup. Especially reading about his work ethic and the type of player he is. Its not like this is a Sprong situation where they kept talking about his D play.

Hes the exact type we need yet they refuse to give him a shot.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
People *****ing about Geno’s points should get some perspective....

Last year on January 7, the Pens had played 44 games and G had 17 goals and 25 assists for 42 points...

This year as of the last game on January 8, Pens had played 43 games and he has 13 goals and 32 assists for 45 points...

I believe he had 40+ goals by the end of last season and that was his best goal totals in 5 years....he has time to pick things up, or not, but let’s all jump off a bridge and claim he’s washed up
If there wasn't bitching, then what would we do all day long?

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad