Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Of course he is.

Everyone here and their dog called that one the moment ZAR went down.

Garrett Wilson to the rescue.

Reactions: EightyOne

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
He’s only been on the ice for 1 ES goal against in 14 games with 87% dZS so he definitely matches up well with how the 4th line is used right now
Yeah, if he can be a plug 'n play guy, I'm sure that is where the level of comfort comes in with the FO/coaches.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He’s only been on the ice for 1 ES goal against in 14 games with 87% dZS so he definitely matches up well with how the 4th line is used right now
His Corsi is on the positive side despite that 87% dZS as well. He's been a good player for the role he's been asked to play.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Of course he is.

Everyone here and their dog called that one the moment ZAR went down.

Garrett Wilson to the rescue.

Well we need someone else to fight now and break their hand during the very important fighting that has to occur because we have to show we won’t back down, just like Tom Petty, even if it costs us all of our players and we lose....because, well, that’s the NHL code blah blah blah

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I mean, should not being on the ice for goals against really be the measuring stick? Sure it's the 4th line.. but come on. I want 4 lines that can score. Dude has played what, 50 games? And has 0 goals? Why not the skill guy in Dea who brings some offense to the table? Or Blueger.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I mean, should not being on the ice for goals against really be the measuring stick? Sure it's the 4th line.. but come on. I want 4 lines that can score. Dude has played what, 50 games? And has 0 goals? Why not the skill guy in Dea who brings some offense to the table? Or Blueger.

The 4th line is played as a shutdown line though and we don’t need a centre. We are playing some big teams as well so it does make sense.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Because theyre looking for a short term stopgap that wont hurt the overall play of the 4th line.

Is the 1 goal that Dea will likely get worth the risk?

Reactions: Tom Hanks

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Because theyre looking for a short term stopgap that wont hurt the overall play of the 4th line.

Is the 1 goal that Dea will likely get worth the risk?

Worth what risk? Every time Garrett Wilson is on the ice, nothing happens. The guy isn't an NHLer. He's 27 and has 0 goals and 2 assists in 48 games. Why are we wasting our time with him?

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Worth what risk? Every time Garrett Wilson is on the ice, nothing happens. The guy isn't an NHLer. He's 27 and has 0 goals and 2 assists in 48 games. Why are we wasting our time with him?

Because nothing beats goals going in. Also, just to be pedantic, we've scored 4 goals in his 100 minutes of ice time, which isn't the worst.

I'm not wild about this either. But its an understandable move.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, ZAR broke his hand in that fight. That's so disappointing to see, that's exactly how I want to see him playing.

I’d rather see him on the ice forechecking hard, winning board battles, setting screens in front of the goalie and tipping in shots...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Don’t get too excited...Grant is still there...

I think you missed their point. If Hornqvist is injured they have no replacement on the trip right there for the next 5 games it west if there is another injury. So seems like it’s minor

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think you missed their point. If Hornqvist is injured they have no replacement on the trip right there for the next 5 games it west if there is another injury. So seems like it’s minor

Could be...doesn’t mean they won’t roll with 12 for the first couple games...I’m sure if Horny was out at least a week, they’d put him on IR...I was thinking though that doesn’t mean he won’t miss a couple games and there would be no need to recall anyone else if it’s that short

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Exactly... Nothing happens. Thats what your usually looking for when you pluging in a 4th liner for a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad