All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
There was no heel I wanted more to defeat Hogan than Paul Orndorff. It's a shame that he never had surgery to repair the damage in his neck, although if I was breaking house show attendance records in the main event and making top dollar I probably would have put it off, too.

Damn solid worker and a legit tough man.

Reactions: Kaner9

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I hated how cartoonish WWF was in the mid-80s, but amongst all that Paul Orndorff was a welcome exception. He had no stupid gimmick, just came across as an intense, completely believable, tough guy. And he also had the best piledriver ever. RIP.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW is beating WWE in pre-sale in New York. Different venues, different nights, different productions, different prices, but AEW is beating WWE in New York. And AEW is running Newark the week before, so it’s not even AEW’s first date back in the market.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Davey Boy Smith Jr. is back with the WWE.

from wrestlinginc.com:

Harry Smith (aka Davey Boy Smith Jr.) returned to WWE last night after working a dark match, where he teamed up with Austin Theory. The two defeated Odyssey Jones and Xyron Quinn before SmackDown got going.

Smith has officially signed with WWE, according to a new report from PWInsider.

Smith and WWE agreed to a new contract going back as early as this past March, but things were kept quiet until it was the right time to bring him out. No other contract details were provided.

Smith, a former WWE Tag Team Champion, previously worked for the company from 2006-2011, and since then he has found significant international success for companies like, MLW, NJPW, and Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Smith spoke with Megan Morant for a post-match backstage interview last night about coming back to WWE after being away for a decade.

“You know, it’s great to be back in the WWE, especially in front of the WWE Universe, live here in Houston, Texas,” Smith said. “The atmosphere, the ambience, the energy that you can feel from a live WWE audience, nothing can touch that and that’s why Harry Smith is back in the WWE. The past ten years I’ve been going around the globe, making myself the best competitor that I can be, all over in Japan, all over in Europe, and that’s why I’m back in the WWE, to show exactly how much Harry Smith has grown over this past time.”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
he doesn’t know what to do with his hands

good in-ring talent though. Loved his run with Tyson Kidd

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Punk going to AEW would be good if it ended up happening. There are too many WWE guys there but Punk's promos would be too good not to see. I wouldn't even care if he wrestled. I'd also look forward to hearing his gripes about a new set of people he rubbed the wrong way in wrestling gossip.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I really hope he goes to AEW. Daniel Bryan too. That would be insane.

i think Bryan is a much better fit. Bring back the American Dragon gimmick, the final countdown. I want all of it. AEW crowds would lose their f***ing minds.

i would love to see either of them, but Punk’s legal woes with Colt put a big black cloud over everything

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they get Punk and Danielson they’ll be the #1 rated promotion by years end. I keep tabs on them and catch up on the stuff I’m interested in as modern wrestling is meh to me but I may watch live if that happens

Reactions: KIRK

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If AEW gets Danielson that's awesome. It would be easily my favourite signing. I think he's one of the best ever and there's still gas in the tank.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I agree. The amount of abuse that body took was just unreal. I remember finding out he was 20 years older than Mick Foley and was in awe the way they'd go at it.

What has helped Funk reach his age is not using anabolic steroids. I’m certain he’s taken prednisone over the years but his heart isnt in the same shape as say Guerrero or Davey Boy Smith.

Reactions: joestevens29

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Initial rumor was that they were targeting the September 22nd episode of Dynamite from NYC. But I think I read another rumor that things could be in flux if they land CM Punk too.

if they sign punk he appears at all out in chicago….probably challenges Miro right out the gate.

I can’t actually think who danielsson could feud with right out the gate that’s not already ina. Feud

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
if they sign punk he appears at all out in chicago….probably challenges Miro right out the gate.

I can’t actually think who danielsson could feud with right out the gate that’s not already ina. Feud

I don't see his debut segment being against Miro. It has to be Omega. Maybe not his first official feud but I see him interrupting an Elite promo.

I wonder if this means they will hold off on Page beating Omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad