All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Just when I think Wwe is done with firings there are MORE. Makes you realise how big that roster was damn.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just a warning - this is really hard to watch. I'm not even a big Orndorff fan and it was pretty upsetting. :(

yeah, I should’ve put a disclaimer. It really is heartbreaking

it does seem like they’ve gotten him a haircut and a shave since the video at least. So sad though

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More firings are coming out on Twitter. Fandango is one of them.

As of this morning the WWE has officially released 14 wrestlers:

Ariya Daivari
Arturo Ruas
August Grey
The Bollywood Boyz ( Sunil & Samir Singh )
Curt Stallion
Ever-Rise ( Chase Parker & Matt Martel )
Fandango
Killian Dain
Marina Shafir
Tino Sabatelli
Tony Nese
Tyler Breeze

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think his son had good intentions but he never should have put that video out there. :thumbd:

I was also thinking the exact same thing. On one hand he wants to talk about the dangers of CTE but at the same time this is so hard to watch and it would be effective for him to speak on it instead of put out a video of him eating pepper packets. But I get that the video gets it more exposure.

Tough call. I wish I didn’t see it though. Just very sad

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also I love Tyler Breeze, I think he’s awesome and wish he had a run on one of the brands contending for a middle belt

I have a soft spot for those early NXT guys. I genuinely think that was the best wrestling program of the decade. At least in the WWE that’s true

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Does anyone collect wrestling figures? I have been going to my local Targets looking for the new Vader figure. Every one I find has wrecked packaging. Tears and heavy creases. Given this trend I am skeptical to buy online. Is this a packaging/shipping trend or just bad luck here in Phoenix?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Does anyone collect wrestling figures? I have been going to my local Targets looking for the new Vader figure. Every one I find has wrecked packaging. Tears and heavy creases. Given this trend I am skeptical to buy online. Is this a packaging/shipping trend or just bad luck here in Phoenix?

I was just in a Target in Pittsburgh, they had a bunch or Razor Ramons, Chynas, and Tatankas, not all had damaged packaging, but probably more than half were dinged up a bit

Reactions: Bondurant

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

I started collecting wrestling figures last summer. I have around 100 Mattel figures now, mostly 80s and 90s guys. I unbox all of them. I know this post is of no use to you but I just wanted to tell you about my collection.

Reactions: Bondurant

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
What’s with all the firings in WWE recently? Are they struggling financial or has it something to do with the rumor of Vince selling the company?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Massive heart attack at 59. Terrible to hear.

As a Canadian I hated him so much in 1997 when he was brought in against Bret during the Canada-USA angle.

I hope Tom Brandi has the decency to finally stop using The Patriot gimmick on the indies and quits claiming to have wrestled matches that were Del's.

I hated The Patriot too, on more than one level. With Sal Sincere, I'm surprised that no one (Wilkes or otherwise) ever beat his ass for breach of wrestling protocol.

Reactions: Del Preston

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Vince was backstage at a Chappelle show in Foxwoods and honestly he looks pretty damn good- doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere anytime soon unless his heart pops from years of steroid abuse

Reactions: Kaner9

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I hated The Patriot too, on more than one level. With Sal Sincere, I'm surprised that no one (Wilkes or otherwise) ever beat his ass for breach of wrestling protocol.

I was going to suggest "are we sure that didn't happen?", but the wrestling community is small enough that something like that would have made its way to the wrestling sites almost instantly.

Vince was backstage at a Chappelle show in Foxwoods and honestly he looks pretty damn good- doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere anytime soon unless his heart pops from years of steroid abuse

Are you talking about the pic with him and Donnell Rawlings? I was getting ready to post that the other day and got sidetracked. I thought he looked kinda rough.

Reactions: Kaner9

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
JRE MMA Show #112 with Don Frye (June 22)

Recommended listen if you have Spotify. The Predator name drops Bruiser Brody and Terry Funk and Joe tries to act like he knows what Don is talking about. Joe lacks wrestling knowledge but he respects the wrestlers.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Are you talking about the pic with him and Donnell Rawlings? I was getting ready to post that the other day and got sidetracked. I thought he looked kinda rough.

He sure does. :nod:

5459c5baadc1915e-600x338.jpeg

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
JRE MME Show #112 with Don Frye (June 22)

Recommended listen if you have Spotify. The Predator name drops Bruiser Brody and Terry Funk and Joe tries to act like he knows what Don is talking about. Joe lacks wrestling knowledge but he respects the wrestlers.

What show is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad