All-Purpose News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
if they sign punk he appears at all out in chicago….probably challenges Miro right out the gate.

I can’t actually think who danielsson could feud with right out the gate that’s not already ina. Feud

I really hope they don't fall into the surprise trap. They should announce it ASAP and say his first appearance will be at the Dynamite in Chicago before the PPV so you pack the place and can set up for something at the PPV.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I really hope they don't fall into the surprise trap. They should announce it ASAP and say his first appearance will be at the Dynamite in Chicago before the PPV so you pack the place and can set up for something at the PPV.

Why wouldn't you want it to be a surprise? It would be amazing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They will have no issue filling arenas in hot markets like Chicago. Add a remote chance for a Punk appearance and it’s a guarantee.

they don’t need to announce anything

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Lol come on man, just enjoy it. Unless you work for the company.

One of the weirdest things regarding wrestling fandom, among the many weird things that exist in wrestling fandom, is fans pretending to be involved in the business aspect of wrestling and claiming to root for business interests rather than quality interests.

Anyway, a surprise of sorts would be good. If they announce him beforehand and do something good then that's perfectly fine though. Something like Danielson taking on Miro (or any of his former WWE matches) would be disappointing.

Reactions: Megahab

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently Adam Cole becomes a free agent this month

with his girlfriend being in AEW that’s interesting

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I have my doubts that he would go to AEW, with the cast of millions he'd probably get lost in the shuffle. I love what Adam Cole brings to the table. I would almost expect he'd resign for main roster money with the WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On Ric Flair, he had made it known (via note?) that he wasn’t happy with Charlotte’s booking, “and now he’s gone.” It was Vince’s call.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With Charlotte's booking? What, she did not win enough? :laugh:
Only thing I can think of there is that Charlotte has always wanted to get over as a top face and each time they’ve tried, it hasn’t happened. Only time it worked was when she first came up. Other horsewomen have been able to do it. There was also the Wrestlemania angle that was a disaster before it had to be dropped.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Only thing I can think of there is that Charlotte has always wanted to get over as a top face and each time they’ve tried, it hasn’t happened. Only time it worked was when she first came up. Other horsewomen have been able to do it. There was also the Wrestlemania angle that was a disaster before it had to be dropped.

Maybe Charlotte needs to understand that she is not and will never be a babyface. She is not likeable. She is a GREAT heel, but she sucks at being a babyface, she comes across so fake.

If she does not understand that, maybe the booking is not the problem. We all know WWE booking is mostly garbage, but trying to make Charlotte a babyface would be even more garbage. She is a great heel champion, let her be that (and put new babyfaces over like Ric did).

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsrule

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
With Charlotte's booking? What, she did not win enough? :laugh:

How many times now has the MITB briefcase been cashed in on her? 3 of the 4 female cash ins have been against her.

Not that she has room to complain about that. It means they keep putting the belt back on her

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jody Hamilton ( better known as The Assassin ) passed away today at the age of 82.

E6jKxVeXsAImQgl.jpg

He had a short run in the NWA as part of Paul Jones's Army in their feud against Jimmy Valiant. But he had some great runs in smaller territories like Florida, Continental and Georgia. And he was definitely a great promo guy:

Little known fact: Jody Hamilton's son was former WCW and WWE referee Nick Patrick.

nickpatrick-1499187156-800.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
According to bodyslam.net (can’t speak to their record but other sites are citing them), WWE has ‘internal expectation that Summerslam can or will be canceled’ at Allegiant stadium

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
According to bodyslam.net (can’t speak to their record but other sites are citing them), WWE has ‘internal expectation that Summerslam can or will be canceled’ at Allegiant stadium

Thanks for the heads up, I have my ticket/flight booked. Hopefully they don't make it a last minute call, although I'm probably in an easier situation compared to people who are flying from further out.

Reactions: GKJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Dammit - this one really sucks !!!!!!! Beautiful Bobby Eaton passed away on Wednesday at the age of 62. :(

from wrestlinginc.com:

f67ea9f492ffcb0a-600x338.jpg

Pro wrestling legend “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton passed away at the age of 62 on Wednesday.

Bobby’s sister, Debbie Eaton Lewis, confirmed the news via Facebook. She did not reveal the cause of the death.

Eaton was hospitalized in late July after suffering a bad fall. He reportedly broke several fingers and damaged his hip during the fall. It’s not clear if his passing was related to the earlier accident.

Eaton was best known for his work as one half of The Midnight Express. Under the management of Jim Cornette, he originally teamed with Dennis Condrey and, later on, with Stan Lane.

A pioneer in the art of tag team wrestling, Eaton also tagged with the likes of Arn Anderson, Koko B. Ware, Steve Keirn, and William Regal.

Eaton wrestled for extended periods of time for various promotions such as Mid-America Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Association, Mid-South Wrestling, WCCW, Jim Crockett Promotions, WCW, and Smoky Mountain Wrestling. He also made brief guest appearances for ECW and TNA.

Wrestling Inc. sends its condolences to the family, friends and fans of Eaton.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Dammit - this one really sucks !!!!!!! Beautiful Bobby Eaton passed away on Wednesday at the age of 62. :(

from wrestlinginc.com:

f67ea9f492ffcb0a-600x338.jpg

Pro wrestling legend “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton passed away at the age of 62 on Wednesday.

Bobby’s sister, Debbie Eaton Lewis, confirmed the news via Facebook. She did not reveal the cause of the death.

Eaton was hospitalized in late July after suffering a bad fall. He reportedly broke several fingers and damaged his hip during the fall. It’s not clear if his passing was related to the earlier accident.

Eaton was best known for his work as one half of The Midnight Express. Under the management of Jim Cornette, he originally teamed with Dennis Condrey and, later on, with Stan Lane.

A pioneer in the art of tag team wrestling, Eaton also tagged with the likes of Arn Anderson, Koko B. Ware, Steve Keirn, and William Regal.

Eaton wrestled for extended periods of time for various promotions such as Mid-America Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Association, Mid-South Wrestling, WCCW, Jim Crockett Promotions, WCW, and Smoky Mountain Wrestling. He also made brief guest appearances for ECW and TNA.

Wrestling Inc. sends its condolences to the family, friends and fans of Eaton.

I'd have guessed that he was older, particularly as he seemed to have a variety of health issues in recent years. Really good wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad