OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It sucks YouTube has been deleting channels that put up full games on there. The one account that does player cut-up’s posted today he’s dialing it back as he doesn’t want to do all this stuff just for it to get deleted.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Was a top 50 player in the 2019 cycle. I’d imagine he’ll be highly pursued by the country again here.

Today was a pretty disastrous day for UF. Steele to the transfer portal. Rumors that a bunch of 2019 kids not qualifying. A 5 star decommit from the 2021 cycle. And UGA just picked up Mekhail Sherman.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The reptilian part of my brain wants to see everything burn. But that's not right, and I know it. Doesn't solve any issues at hand except my own lust for suffering. This happened recently though - Now-dead Ohio State doctor accused of abusing at least 177

So, this isn't about sports, mainly because the NCAA has abdicated most of the grand standing and authority about issues it rightfully shouldn't be sticking its nose into.

However, there's also this sentiment of lessons not learned/ignored/learned too late - It only matters that communities need to be aware, and vigilant against, those whom would betray our trust and abuse those who never gave consent.
Too many people say, "That could never happen here," yes it can.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

giphy.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Fall camp should be starting towards the end of the month around the country.

Here’s an apparent QB watch list complied from NFL sources. There’s always some risers who are likely Day 2, 3, or undrafted grades coming into the year who end up being first rounders.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Good list that incorporates most of the logical names. It's nice to have a class with some depth to it after the tire fire from 2019.

Fromm shouldn't be anywhere near a 1 and I'm a Georgia fan, but the NFL will love him.

KJ Costello is being severely underrated to me, but I can't blame anyone for hand-waving Stanford games. Woof.

The only guy I would add is Cole McDonald from Hawaii. It's another really tough evaluation because they run almost everything out of 10 and his mechanics are not exactly ideal, but he's accurate and that's all you need to be worth a top 100 pick.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Good list that incorporates most of the logical names. It's nice to have a class with some depth to it after the tire fire from 2019.

Fromm shouldn't be anywhere near a 1 and I'm a Georgia fan, but the NFL will love him.

KJ Costello is being severely underrated to me, but I can't blame anyone for hand-waving Stanford games. Woof.

The only guy I would add is Cole McDonald from Hawaii. It's another really tough evaluation because they run almost everything out of 10 and his mechanics are not exactly ideal, but he's accurate and that's all you need to be worth a top 100 pick.

It helps when you got two guys at the top with long track records to with the potential.

Last year it was essentially half heartedly putting a guy like Haskins who essentially had a half of meaningful football under his belt at the top based off potential.

I’m not a huge Nate Stanley fan but I get football guys love him. Even in that article the guy advocating for him is essentially settling for average as a best case scenario.

I guess Eason is more so of the wild card compared to Fields & Clifford given he’s actually started a season’s worth of games to this point. In his Fields case he’s not even legally eligible for the draft. But him & Clifford that’s more so of a projection given the two just played clean up duty last year.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It helps when you got two guys at the top with long track records to with the potential.

Last year it was essentially half heartedly putting a guy like Haskins who essentially had a half of meaningful football under his belt at the top based off potential.

I’m not a huge Nate Stanley fan but I get football guys love him. Even in that article the guy advocating for him is essentially settling for average as a best case scenario.

I guess Eason is more so of the wild card compared to Fields & Clifford given he’s actually started a season’s worth of games to this point. In his Fields case he’s not even legally eligible for the draft. But him & Clifford that’s more so of a projection given the two just played clean up duty last year.

Speaking of football guy stereotypes, Jalen Hurts wasn’t listed and he’s getting drafted. I want to see if I can find odds on that now.

Tell me you can’t see the Bengals taking him no matter what he does this year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Herbert over everyone.

What's the biggest thing you want to see Herbert improve on from your viewings? I'm curious if it matches up with my biggest question given that you've seen a good bit more than I have.

I wanted him to have a shorter memory.

He seemed to go into multiple play or multiple drive long dunks after making a mistake or two. Cleaning that up would go a long way in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad