OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You can never be too sure. I'm still a little bit concerned that Tom Brady is going to complete that hail mary at the end of Super Bowl 52 in 2018.
To this day i still have a tough time watching replays of that game other than the philly special. Its over we won, no need to put myself through that stress again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Watched Penn State’s spring game on replay. Tough to really takeaway much from these things but they’re talented but young/inexperienced.

The rosters were unbalanced with essentially the 1-2’s vs. 3-4’s. Noah Cain ran pretty well despite being with the 3-4’s.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Watched Penn State’s spring game on replay. Tough to really takeaway much from these things but they’re talented but young/inexperienced.

The rosters were unbalanced with essentially the 1-2’s vs. 3-4’s. Noah Cain ran pretty well despite being with the 3-4’s.
This is what I’m hearing too. I’ve heard he showed fullback power with running back speed, but like you said it’s hard to tell anything from it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tommy Stevens is in the transfer portal. It wasn’t considered much of a QB competition heading into it but Sean Clifford could possibly be the starter this year.

He was out all spring with an injury & wants Franklin’s to name him a starter. Clifford’s had a good spring taking the #1 reps to that point that Franklin wouldn’t call it to this point.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Tommy Stevens is in the transfer portal. It wasn’t considered much of a QB competition heading into it but Sean Clifford could possibly be the starter this year.

He was out all spring with an injury & wants Franklin’s to name him a starter. Clifford’s had a good spring taking the #1 reps to that point that Franklin wouldn’t call it to this point.
Two thoughts:

1. Bad timing for Tommy
2. Clifford now needs to be the answer at QB (I think he is)

Reactions: Ruck Over

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Two thoughts:

1. Bad timing for Tommy
If Tommy was going to be the starter, it wouldn't make sense for him the enter the portal. He's waiting in the wings for a while now. If he was going to start, it wouldn't make any sense to leave now.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
If Tommy was going to be the starter, it wouldn't make sense for him the enter the portal. He's waiting in the wings for a while now. If he was going to start, it wouldn't make any sense to leave now.
I know? Can’t tell if you’re disagreeing with me haha.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Two thoughts:

1. Bad timing for Tommy

He wants to play his last year. He’s got some talent & some traits that an NFL team could take a chance on if he can show it this year (whether that’s at QB or another position).

He could pull his name back but they had player interviews this week after the spring & I’m guessing Franklin told him it’s a legit QB competition from here on out.

From a PSU perspective it doesn’t really matter. May the best guy win, whether that is Stevens or Clifford. They have three other QB’s on scholarship with Will Levis getting some hype the last year plus behind those two. So depth isn’t an issue.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
He wants to play his last year. He’s got some talent & some traits that an NFL team could take a chance on if he can show it this year (whether that’s at QB or another position).

He could pull his name back but they had player interviews this week after the spring & I’m guessing Franklin told him it’s a legit QB competition from here on out.

From a PSU perspective it doesn’t really matter. May the best guy win, whether that is Stevens or Clifford. They have three other QB’s on scholarship with Will Levis getting some hype the last year plus behind those two. So depth isn’t an issue.
Agreed. I just meant if he were to transfer, it wouldn’t help that he didn’t do it prior to spring camp so he could familiarize with his new school.

Depth isn’t an issue and for all the time Tommy saw on the field, very little of it was playing proper QB. It’s not like he has vast college QB experience, so it’s not a huge issue at backup whether it him or Levis.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

He apparently had a good spring. If he goes Fields better be the goods as they literally have nothing behind him.

And from all reports this Spring, Fields is still a one read and take off QB. That may be good enough against most of the B1G, but won't cut it against PSU, Michigan, or CFP opponents. They went all-in on him, so they're going to live or die by his development.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
And from all reports this Spring, Fields is still a one read and take off QB. That may be good enough against most of the B1G, but won't cut it against PSU, Michigan, or CFP opponents. They went all-in on him, so they're going to live or die by his development.

I don't watch much CFB, but that drives me absolutely crazy. I have never liked that in a QB.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I don't watch much CFB, but that drives me absolutely crazy. I have never liked that in a QB.
In college it's not the end of the world (against normal competition) because the guy is a better athlete than 99% of the rest of college football. But that won't fly against the upper echelon defenses that have elite athletes at all 11 positions. Honestly, unless Fields takes another step in development, he's not better than Jalen Hurts.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah Martell apparently isn’t doing too hot down in Miami either. He’s not even a lock be the starter it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad