OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Respectable on paper. Bama got bored and started playing unhinged. They kept OK in the game, but when OK started to threaten, Bama just turned the switch back on to keep the distance. The spread may have been between 18 & 11 points for a majority of the game, but it didn't have to be.

Prime examples of Bama just going through the motions, the personal foul on a touchback kickoff, the lineman not finishing the play and taking his helmet off during the not-sack unsportsmanlike penalty. Saban made a plea earlier in the year to the media not to salivate and slob too hard over the team. His biggest competition is complacency. Maybe Clemson does something on the field, but OK was glorified window dressing justifying the players swag bags and vaca to NOLA.
I figured that might have been the case

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
In Memory...

FEBE1D1B-642F-4CE6-AABE-1D98D9C48A98.jpeg

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I would feel sorry for Temple if I gave a damn. They got did dirty though, dirty indeed.

Regarding the PO. The selection committee says they want the best teams, but don't qualify what it means to be the best. Arguments can be made in any subjective manner of selection. What folks are clamoring for is something objective. The way it is is becoming boring. If the problem is Bama is too good, then it's just as bad as if no team was good enough.
And all of it is buoyed by a flagrantly misguided ranking system that is taking shape now, when teams shouldn't be ranked before the first 4 games, at a minimum.

Last edited:

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008

Gotta wonder if Hologorsen goes to Houston, if WVU would reach out to Rod? This is assuming the sexual harassment suit from Arizona has been settled and there isn't bad blood anymore between Rod and WVU.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Legion of Cheat up to his old tricks:skeptic:
  1. @LegionOfDoom91 64
  2. @FlyerFaithful17 58
  3. @JojoTheWhale 56
  4. @Ruck Over 34
  5. @flyershockey 32
  6. @renberg 30
  7. @Normand Lacombe 29
  8. Asnito 17
  9. @Captain Dave Poulin 12
  10. @Cody Webster 5 At least it isn't negative:thumbu:
Forgot to update yesterday. Everybody had South Carolina, Bama and Clemson.
  1. @LegionOfDoom91 69
  2. @JojoTheWhale 61
  3. @FlyerFaithful17 57
  4. @Ruck Over 54
  5. @renberg 52
  6. @Normand Lacombe 37
  7. @flyershockey 35
  8. @Asnito 27
  9. @Captain Dave Poulin 16
  10. @Cody Webster 12

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Gotta wonder if Hologorsen goes to Houston, if WVU would reach out to Rod? This is assuming the sexual harassment suit from Arizona has been settled and there isn't bad blood anymore between Rod and WVU.

Hologorsen isn't going to Houston. They're insane if they think that's happening.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hope Manny loses very game. Bring back Golden.

Wonder if they circle back on Josh Gattis now? At least they got some nice coin for Diaz’ departure & while he was a nice hire it’s not like they couldn’t find a similar candidate. You’re also not trying to salvage a recruiting class either as it’s not like Temple gets much noteworthy classes in normal years anyway.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Just wanted to chime in on this 1st down get by Stanford to ice the game.

f*** Pitt.

These losers basically dominate the game for three quarters, and can never get anything more than 13 points on the board. And are going to lose by 1 point to a mediocre Stanford team.

H2P indeed.

Reactions: Asnito

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I should be paid for watching a quarter of that.
This Oregon game is a barn burner.

MSU is a likely bad and ugly team. Oregon is a bit overrated from a generally non-impressive Pac-12. What did you expect?

But you're getting to watch history in the making. Oregon just punted for the 10th time, the most ever for one team during this bowl game.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
MSU is a likely bad and ugly team. Oregon is a bit overrated from a generally non-impressive Pac-12. What did you expect?

But you're getting to watch history in the making. Oregon just punted for the 10th time, the most ever for one team during this bowl game.

I expected my Ducks to be winning by one million at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad