OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If Maryland hiring Locksley and not Mel Tucker costs Georgia Glenn Schumann to a DC job elsewhere, I'm going to burn down College Park.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Gus agreed to reduced buyout of his $32M & also to pick up the tab on the buyouts of any assistants he fires this offseason to stay at Auburn.

giphy.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I liked it just cause it was zany and not my team. Agreed that GT should ditch the gimmick. It wasn't winning them games as they've been very middle of the pack. And, more to th point, slight academic issues aside, if UCF and USF can rise to the prominent levels they have in a short amount of time, GT being part of the ACC should be doing a bunch better.

From afar, tradition aside, i'd trade GT for UCF as a conference chair person in a second.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I think there’s too much talent in Georgia & the south even if it’s the leftover variety to be playing a triple option offense.
There's a strong belief that even with the secondary regional talent, GT could have a lot of success running the spread/space attack offense like UCF. As a Georgia fan, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm sure Kirby's glad he doesn't have to defend the triple option while dealing with a ton of cut blocks at the back end of the regular season schedule.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I liked it just cause it was zany and not my team. Agreed that GT should ditch the gimmick. It wasn't winning them games as they've been very middle of the pack. And, more to th point, slight academic issues aside, if UCF and USF can rise to the prominent levels they have in a short amount of time, GT being part of the ACC should be doing a bunch better.

From afar, tradition aside, i'd trade GT for UCF as a conference chair person in a second.
GT won a national championship in 1990 and the ACC most recently in 2009. They should be a much better program than they've become under PJ. If they get back to running a normal offense, they will find some level of success again. One thing is for sure, it's going to take 3-4 years minimum for them to rebuild. They have a bunch of 2 star talent/FCS level players based on the system they run.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There's a strong belief that even with the secondary regional talent, GT could have a lot of success running the spread/space attack offense like UCF. As a Georgia fan, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm sure Kirby's glad he doesn't have to defend the triple option while dealing with a ton of cut blocks at the back end of the regular season schedule.

It doesn’t really matter for Georgia either way really. I just think that ACC is looking wide open sans Clemson. I mean even at more traditional schools like Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc. does the coaches they have currently really scare anybody? That’s not to say they’re necessarily bad but they’re not daunting either.

I was looking at the Georgia state recruiting rankings for this year at point recently & GT was really no where to be found until you scrolled way down past the the top 50-75. Even mid-tier SEC, ACC, & even Big Ten schools were doing a better job there than them.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It doesn’t really matter for Georgia either way really. I just think that ACC is looking wide open sans Clemson. I mean even at more traditional schools like Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech, etc. does the coaches they have currently really scare anybody? That’s not to say they’re necessarily bad but they’re not daunting either.

I was looking at the Georgia state recruiting rankings for this year at point recently & GT was really no where to be found until you scrolled way down past the the top 50-75. Even mid-tier SEC, ACC, & even Big Ten schools were doing a better job there than them.
Yeah. Very few legit P5 players are going to GT to play the triple option.

GT is in a decent position to become a good ACC program. Not to Clemson's level, but they can certainly get to a VT, NC State level. Atlanta area high school football is exploding. The metro Atlanta area puts 50+ kids a year into major P5 programs. They don't even need to leave the southeast to recruit to that level of a program. The recruiting footprint has outgrown the need to run a gimmick offense.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Mack’s basically building a hybrid staff of his old Texas cronies in Greg Robinson & Tim Brewster along with UNC former players in Dre Bly & Tommy Thigpen.

I’m basically having flashbacks to the end of Paterno’s tenure. Does Mack have an incompetent son who failed his way up the ladder available?

Reactions: Ruck Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad