Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I thought Clifford+Pick for Gagne was a done deal as well according to the Bloggers ?

Soooo.

If Calgary actually gives up Gio for Williams+Muzzin...Boy that's a bad deal for Calgary.

Gio would return a much Younger, and better package at the Draft.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Not sure why Calgary would be interested in Williams. Age wise he doesn't fit their rebuild.

The Williams trade stuff is probably from Kings looking at Gaborik (RW), but instead of trading Williams I'd think he'd be moved to a Brown/Stoll/Williams line (if Gabroki is brought in)

As far as clearing cap... if the Kings are bringing in a D then 1 of Williams/Greene would be my guess.

Wouldn't it be funny if DL didn't trade for a LW?

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
i don't know why gaborik, a left hander, and with our left side depth being pathetic, wouldn't be placed on the left side.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Not sure why Calgary would be interested in Williams. Age wise he doesn't fit their rebuild.

The Williams trade stuff is probably from Kings looking at Gaborik (RW), but instead of trading Williams I'd think he'd be moved to a Brown/Stoll/Williams line (if Gabroki is brought in)

As far as clearing cap... if the Kings are bringing in a D then 1 of Williams/Greene would be my guess.

Wouldn't it be funny if DL didn't trade for a LW?

I think we only "needed" a LW because Brown was playing like brown. Now that Brown is playing like Brown, we can focus on what we really need, which is replacing the loss of Scuderi and the loss of 2012 Mitchell while hopefully fixing our PP.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Gaborik is on the ice tonight, doesn't appear that anything is imminent.

I think there's nothing to lose, he just had a poor game in Toronto. If he has another poor game it doesn't hurt him much. If he scorers a point or 2 then its going to increase his value. If he gets injured (gaboriked) then, oh well, I bet his value was low to start with anyways. IMO, its a good roll of the dice

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Columbus has nothing to lose with playing Gabo.

He also has just returned from injury, he needs ice time.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I think there's nothing to lose, he just had a poor game in Toronto. If he has another poor game it doesn't hurt him much. If he scorers a point or 2 then its going to increase his value. If he gets injured (gaboriked) then, oh well, I bet his value was low to start with anyways. IMO, its a good roll of the dice

Gaborik could score an Ovechtrick tonight and it wouldn't change his value to any GM in the league.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Gaborik could score an Ovechtrick tonight and it wouldn't change his value to any GM in the league.

How many points out of a playoff spot is Columbus? Answer: 1 (That's why he's playing)

Plus he has to prove he's healthy, unlike Vanek who's on a team that is dumping the season and who isn't a constant injury risk

I can't possibly imagine Deano being down with bringing Cammalleri back. He **** all over that guy every chance he could.

That is revisionist history. Cammalleri and his former agent Mike Gillis had a spat over an arbitration hearing. It wasn't some long standing feud. If anything,

I understand the context.

I was just being "internet lazy."

I was going to respond saying "when in Rome.." as a reference to Anchorman but I figured that would go over most people's heads. So I figured I'd be sarcastic like usual. Lighten up a little, Ron. Just having a little fun. You don't always have to be so cantankerous.

At any rate, I can't imagine Williams will be traded. Certainly not to crowbar Cammalleri onto the roster. Justin Williams = clutch player, great cap hit and 100% Lombari-esque player. You'll need major upgrade somewhere on the roster for him to be moved. If there were serious consideration of that going back to last summer, Toffoli wouldn't be shoved into a left wing spot up and down the line up like he has.

I could see Cammalleri brought back if the price is right but the it most certainly is not.

Expect DL to dumpster dive or make a hockey deal out of left field. I'll be shocked if DL goes all in tomorrow. The Kings just don't have the pieces to spend and they have the stingiest GM in the league.

Ron*

Vancouver. They're all in.

Is that two goals and a half-assed back check on the opposition's GWG?

ovi.gif

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, and people wonder why I'd take Kopitar over him seven days a week :rolleyes:

Kopitar would have skated like a lunatic and dove in front of the puck. He would have used his face to get it done. Zero quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad