Speculation: All Purpose LA Kings 2013-14 Trade Speculation/Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I would prefer Ehrhoff over giordano

Not me... Giordano is better defensively and he's more of a rugged guy...good on the PP would be a great partner for Doughty and I don't wanna be stuck with Ehrhoff when he's 38. I just don't wanna lose Williams for him... but if it happens, Toffoli slots back to the right side, Cammaleri slots with Kopi on the left and we're lined up properly...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I know how this will appear with my position and all but I have to defend the Mayor here.

First off, if you think he's PUSHING Williams out of town, you're [crazy][mod]. Bottom line. If you read ANYTHING he's written or listen to ANY of his interviews, the reason he's continued to say Williams is the odd man out is his cap.

Williams is the odd man out because the Kings have a replacement for him in Toffoli, need to clear salary, and they don't have a replacement for Stoll. They're not moving a D with the injury concern. Need all bodies possible for the playoffs. Williams is the only person who can move to make financial sense with the cap in play. Its just a joke you're going to attack him for "wanting Williams gone".

That being said, yes, he was wrong on AMac. It happens. Anyone hear of grizzly veteran AWardo?

Fair enough doesn't make sense, with Toffoli looking fine on LW.

But I can't think of a single deal the Mayor got right in about 20+ years of being a Kings fan.

So forgive me in my memory is not correct.

I know he is letting you write on his site, that's great for you BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron*

The 3rd one on Hoven's list:
...there have been talks between the Flames and Kings for a package deal. While we’ve been told Lombardi is not really interested in Michael Cammalleri (or any other high-priced rental), he’d be willing to take the diminutive sniper if that’s what was needed to pry Mark Giordano out of Calgary. At 30 years old and signed to a reasonable $4M cap hit, this is a deal right in the wheel house. It’s something that was discussed recently, and would likely include Justin Williams, Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin and possibly a draft pick. However, as of this afternoon, this deal wasn’t the top priority, but considered something the two teams could come back to if other options don’t materialize prior to Wednesday’s deadline.

I like Giordano, but Christ...Williams for Big Ego I just want the money Rental Cammalleri? Come on...

Non-starter.

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Williams right now is arguably the best puck possession player in an opponents zone next to Kopitar. It is a very valuable commodity. Toffoli doesn't have that strength yet and to give up on Williams (a top 6 forward playing top 3 minutes) would be a mistake.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I keep waking up from dreams...Kings sell half of the farm but acquire Gio AND Ehrhoff. I know...I'll go back to sleep.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
I know how this will appear with my position and all but I have to defend the Mayor here.

First off, if you think he's PUSHING Williams out of town, you're [crazy][mod]. Bottom line. If you read ANYTHING he's written or listen to ANY of his interviews, the reason he's continued to say Williams is the odd man out is his cap..

Williams is the odd man out because the Kings have a replacement for him in Toffoli, need to clear salary, and they don't have a replacement for Stoll. They're not moving a D with the injury concern. Need all bodies possible for the playoffs. Williams is the only person who can move to make financial sense with the cap in play. Its just a joke you're going to attack him for "wanting Williams gone".

That being said, yes, he was wrong on AMac. It happens. Anyone hear of grizzly veteran AWardo?

Wow....:pb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron*

Fair enough but I can't think of a singel deal the Mayor got right in about 20+ years of being a Kings fan.

So forgive me in my memory is not correct.

I'm beginning to think this guy is just a caricature.

A caricature with a hard-on for Justin Williams to be moved. Sorry, it just doesn't any sense to me at all to move such a clutch playoff guy right before the playoffs.

KingKopitar11*

Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 1m
I've been told that if #islanders Thomas Vanek is traded it won't be to Ducks. #tvasports

Thank god.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Among the forwards, IMO Gaborik offers the best value at this point. But given his value, Columbus might just hang on to him than sell him at low

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm beginning to think this guy is just a caricature.

A caricature with a hard-on for Justin Williams to be moved. Sorry, it just doesn't any sense to me at all to move such a clutch playoff guy right before the playoffs.

Like I said.

I would imagine Calgary would ask more than simply Williams+Muzzin for Mark Giordano.

Mark Giordano is a legit Top pairing Defender. They are going to want to start that deal with Slava Voynov + at least someone like Vey.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I think Coburn might be a guy to look at. Especially with them adding MacDonald.

Separate deal for a forward seems more likely but would love to have Hartnell in LA as well.

I suggested Coburn way back before Christmas, be neat to have him aboard as a jack of all trades sort. If Philly was intent of moving a defenceman like that thread out on the mains suggested, be it Mezsaros or Schenn, maybe a bit of tickling from Lombardi would entice them to switch the one they offload.

Giordano would be fantastic. Full stop.

"The Mayor" (what a nick) is pushing Williams out the door as though he owns Staples.

I don't know why he as such a hard-on for Williams. The guy is pure nails come playoff time: ice water in his veins, clutch big time on the big stage.

Go away, Mayor.

I don't think you used that properly. And I agree with what you are trying to say but if you have a hard on for someone, it is usually because you like them and wouldn't want to see them go. At least, that is what I feel when I get a hard on for guys.

Ron*

Among the forwards, IMO Gaborik offers the best value at this point. But given his value, Columbus might just hang on to him than sell him at low

Gaborik is on the ice tonight, doesn't appear that anything is imminent.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If we do a bigger deal for Gio (plz plz) and have to take Cammy, might as well make it a 3 way deal and send Cammy somewhere far away while we're at it...maybe throw a bone to some team that has cap and is on the bubble in the East?

We can never have too many 2nd rounders. :D

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010

First off, if you think he's PUSHING Williams out of town, you're [crazy][mod]. Bottom line. If you read ANYTHING he's written or listen to ANY of his interviews, the reason he's continued to say Williams is the odd man out is his cap..

You want to know why people are crapping on another rumor monger????

If you really want to know, please visit this blog and listen to the podcast for my explanation.

:sarcasm:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Gaborik is on the ice tonight, doesn't appear that anything is imminent.

I'd guess other scouts want to see more of him after returning from injury, and they're bosses view him as a Plan B.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think he isn't over the "crack" comment yet.

In any event, he can defend "the mayor" all he wants, "the mayor" has a track record that cannot be defended.

If the Mayor turns out to be right, I am all fine eating crow.

Hey maybe he does know the Kings are shopping Williams.

It wouldn't make sense to me. Doesn't seem like a Lombardi move either.

The Deals also suggested don't make sense for either teams involved.

Ron*

I don't think you used that properly. And I agree with what you are trying to say but if you have a hard on for someone, it is usually because you like them and wouldn't want to see them go.

I understand the context.

I was just being "internet lazy."

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Gio screams DL kind of player though.

The only other DMan I've been hoping we could get other than Giordano is Kulikov. Getting Giordano would be huge, but Williams for Cammy makes no sense. Williams is such a terrific playoff performer.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
The only other DMan I've been hoping we could get other than Giordano is Kulikov. Getting Giordano would be huge, but Williams for Cammy makes no sense. Williams is such a terrific playoff performer.

Be it game 7 or in the Finals...JDub is head and shoulders above.

Brodie562

Oct 3, 2003
LBC
Visit site
I don't think you used that properly. And I agree with what you are trying to say but if you have a hard on for someone, it is usually because you like them and wouldn't want to see them go. At least, that is what I feel when I get a hard on for guys.

i was just watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAzw5PDo0tI jump to 2:13 :laugh: (I'll never figure out how to post a youtube video haha)

on topic, id love gio and cammy but i see no reason why CGY would want Williams. i could see Voynov and one of the kids (vey or Pearson) just not sure id want to give up voynov

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad