Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread VI | 2017 PGA Tour Season: Here comes Cantlay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
The article was very wordy, but it seems like this was a surgery to alleviate pain, more than correct a big problem. This seems like a less difficult surgery than the first two.

That certainly seems to be the case.

I find it interesting that he chose to go to a new doctor and wonder if the 2nd surgery being botched before the corrective 3rd surgery led to that decision. Seems that people on social media who have had the same procedure say this particular fusion surgery does improve quality of life but as with any spinal/nerve issues in the back, preventing pain and discomfort depends on a case by case basis. I've got to wonder how many more surgeries he's willing to have because IIRC he said the 3rd one would be the last one as it relates to his golfing career.

RT

It's a joke at this point.

It's like the football lineman who keeps playing after 8 concussions then can't count to 10 once he retires.

At this rate soon the little kids will be saying "when I grow up I want to have 4 back surgeries" because that's all they've seen of Tiger's career.

Pretty much. I feel bad for the people who grew up at the tail end of his dominance and have only witnessed a shell of his former self over the past decade or so. He's had some great stretches in that time but it feels like he's been in the news more for the off course issues than anything he's done on it. He deserves to have a decent quality of life... hopefully he doesn't compromise it because of a sport.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Haters gon' hate.

1440634690461.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier