Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Watching Tiger win in 97 and one of the biggest "What Ifs" in sports is What if Tiger never felt the need to tinker with his swing?
He probably never gets injured and passes Nicklaus.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
More details > PGA Tour revises schedule, targets June 11 return

The PGA Tour announced an ambitious revised schedule on Thursday that would start mid-June in Texas, run past Thanksgiving and see at least its first four events played without spectators.

The Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas, is the first rescheduled tournament, June 11-14. There are 28 events over 25 weeks, including three major championships, two World Golf Championship events and the FedEx Cup playoffs.

All of it is contingent upon government and health officials signing off on the resumption of play in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
===============
As it is presented now, the schedule would have 36 events, including the three FedEx Cup playoff events, with the Tour Championship concluding on Labor Day, Sept. 7. That is three-quarters of the original 49-tournament schedule.

The 2020-21 season then would begin the following week at the Safeway Championship, Sept. 10-13, followed by the U.S. Open and the Ryder Cup.

That means the current season would see just one major championship played (the PGA Championship in August), with six scheduled in the 2020-21 season (the U.S. Open and the Masters with new dates in 2020 as part of this total). As of now, Pazder said, there will be no adjustment of FedEx Cup points, although the idea of reducing them at the first two playoff events -- the Northern Trust and BMW Championship -- is being considered.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Asian events get screwed with that schedule. Whose going to go all the way over to Asia with the Masters a few weeks away? The schedule starts very easy. The first five events aren’t big events. Players can ease back into golf. The schedule is also well spread out. There aren’t going to be many top players that have to play 4 or 5 weeks in a row at any point.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Watching Tiger win in 97 and one of the biggest "What Ifs" in sports is What if Tiger never felt the need to tinker with his swing?
He probably never gets injured and passes Nicklaus.

He’d probably have jacked his back up regardless. If you look at his left foot that thing stays planted on the ground throughout his downswing and follow through. That’s a recipe for knee/back pain.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Too bad we won’t have this storyline. If he had accomplished this, it would’ve been one of the greatest accomplishments in sporting history, given the circumstances surrounding it.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I tried to come up with a list of the five highest ranked golfers who've never won a major. Will each player get one in his career? Tell me what you think. This is what I have:
  • 1 Jon Rahm
  • 2 Patrick Cantlay
  • 3 Tommy Fleetwood
  • 4 Xander Schauffele
  • 5 Bryson DeChambeau

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I tried to come up with a list of the five highest ranked golfers who've never won a major. Will each player get one in his career? Tell me what you think. This is what I have:
  • 1 Jon Rahm
  • 2 Patrick Cantlay
  • 3 Tommy Fleetwood
  • 4 Xander Schauffele
  • 5 Bryson DeChambeau

They'll all win one or more. Fleetwood is the one of the five with the worst chance.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rory said he and other players want the Ryder Cup postponed until 2021 and thinks players usually get their way. He’s trying to pull a power move to get the Ryder Cup moved back a year, but didn’t care to save a major for this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Golf returns this week!

Colonial is also one of the most underrated courses on the PGA Tour. Should be fun to watch a great field play that course.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Rory said he and other players want the Ryder Cup postponed until 2021 and thinks players usually get their way. He’s trying to pull a power move to get the Ryder Cup moved back a year, but didn’t care to save a major for this year.
I guess Rory doesn't care about the President's cup which is on in 2021.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess Rory doesn't care about the President's cup which is on in 2021.

Thats another thing I don't understand. It's not the Presidents Cup fault that the Ryder Cup might have to be played without fans. Can they play team major team competitions next year? If they can't, how can they make that decision without The International Team consenting to it it?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
TourCast is terrific. Great invention by the Tour. They copied with ANGC started last year, but it's a great idea.

I didn't even know about it until yesterday. Supposedly it started the first round of the Players, and I had no idea.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Not a lot of rust on these players. 16 players at -4 or better after the morning wave.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Welcome back J. Spieth! :handclap: Hopefully the layoff helped him fix whatever issues he was having.

That said......what an incredible story it would be if Harold Varner III wins this thing! He has the 36 hole lead at -11.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Wow what a leaderboard. The last 5 groups include Varner, Spieth, Morikawa, Dechambeau, Rory, Schauffele, Brendan Grace, Thomas, Woodland, and Rose. 5 major winners there.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bryson is going to crash so bad with his new physique. He’ll win a lot of tournaments though before that happens.

He said that he’s gained 40 pounds since last season ended and is now 240. He said he’s going to try to get as strong as possible, so I don’t see why he won’t try to eventually push 275+. He’s 6’3. He might be going for a defensive lineman build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad