Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

Levi was overplayed and his play has suffered

This is on Adams for only giving Granato a single option in goal for 2 months.

Should have kept Comweasel in Rochester and Levi here. Play Levi once every 4 games to give UPL the rest he needed. Instead, UPL plays every night and of course he gets burned out.

It's not like Levi was putting up a .865 SP and a 4.00 GAA when he was here the first half of the year

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Levi was overplayed and his play has suffered

This is on Adams for only giving Granato a single option in goal for 2 months.

Should have kept Comweasel in Rochester and Levi here. Play Levi once every 4 games to give UPL the rest he needed. Instead, UPL plays every night and of course he gets burned out.

It's not like Levi was putting up a .865 SP and a 4.00 GAA when he was here the first half of the year

They need Levi to play to improve his game. The issue that they could have shuffled in a different backup is real. Saying they should have kept Levi around for infrequent NHL-level practices and 1 game ever 10-12 days misses that Levi still needs to hone his game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I will never forget when I stated I would trade Hart against UPL and for a high pick. I remember getting ridiculed. I mean, pretty understandable. But then again. I always praised Vasi, Saros, UPL, Wallstedt, Dostal (still young) after seeing their junior tournaments and in that exact order.

Some say goalies are difficult to predict and lot of people in this site state just that. Sometimes, not always.

Well, let's just say my earlier fantasy offer aged pretty darn well. In fact, no matter what happens, the Sabres wouldn't give up UPL for Hart and some high picks from Flyers (the other way around). Interesting how things can change so drastically in a couple of months.

Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
His Sabres ones were better

They seemed to work for him...

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm happy for Cooley. I'm honestly shocked he is finding success at the NHL level.

Did nothing for the Amerks. But there must have been a reason that Karmanos/analytics staff lured him to Rochester with a $400k AHL contract.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm happy for Cooley. I'm honestly shocked he is finding success at the NHL level.

Did nothing for the Amerks. But there must have been a reason that Karmanos/analytics staff lured him to Rochester with a $400k AHL contract.
UPL has played better in Buffalo than Rochester. It is not completely shocking to me that Cooley is looking better in the NHL than the AHL.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
UPL has played better in Buffalo than Rochester. It is not completely shocking to me that Cooley is looking better in the NHL than the AHL.
And then there is Devon Levi.....

Let's just say I was shocked that Grier gave up a 7th rounder to fill his goaltender needs.

Now I figure it's already worth a 7th to him (for the 2 wins and the great PR story).

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Cooley was alright in Milwaukee, nothing spectacular and just got displaced by better prospects/vets. Happy to see him getting NHL games for his home team. Even if it is only for a short while, that has to feel great.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad