All-Purpose Final Fantasy Thread

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
They clearly announced the FFVII remake far too early.

That is all.
Couldn't agree more... It really doesn't make much sense to me... After making us wait this long why would they jump the gun on the announcement?

Though I do believe that after getting their feet wet in development they actually didn't like the direction of the game and scrapped it to start from scratch.

I honestly won't be surprised if they just scrap the project entirely, to be honest...

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Couldn't agree more... It really doesn't make much sense to me... After making us wait this long why would they jump the gun on the announcement?

Though I do believe that after getting their feet wet in development they actually didn't like the direction of the game and scrapped it to start from scratch.

I honestly won't be surprised if they just scrap the project entirely, to be honest...

I know a fair few people who'd be pissed off if that happens...

I was actually keeping an eye on this. As I mentioned in the other thread, the thing holding me back from trying this legendary game is that era of graphics (as petty as that may be :laugh:). I wanted to give the remake a shot.

The red flag went up when they announced the "episodic" nature...not that episodic is necessarily a bad thing, it just brought up the fear that they were either trying to cram too much into the project or that they were having development issues.

I mean, I don't know how all the fans of the series feel, but I would've been happy purchasing a copy of FFVII with FFXV graphics. :laugh:

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

I was actually keeping an eye on this. As I mentioned in the other thread, the thing holding me back from trying this legendary game is that era of graphics (as petty as that may be :laugh:). I wanted to give the remake a shot.

The red flag went up when they announced the "episodic" nature...not that episodic is necessarily a bad thing, it just brought up the fear that they were either trying to cram too much into the project or that they were having development issues.

I mean, I don't know how all the fans of the series feel, but I would've been happy purchasing a copy of FFVII with FFXV graphics. :laugh:
Yeah man, it definitely raised a red flag for me.. the original game is in 3 discs and I read that they wanted to make 3 separate games to correspond with each disc, but I'm not sure how that would really work with the game's structure.

I can't entirely fault you for having a problem with the graphics, to be honest, man. It's easier for people who played it back then and it adds to the nostalgia, but i can see how it could be a barrier for someone who never played it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They technically didn't really make the announcement too early, the problem is the whole production from day 1 has been a complete cluster f***.

They should have never decided to re-do the whole fighting mechanism and left it the way it was. Basically creating an entirely new game and they apparently had no real idea what they were doing when they decided that.

Ever hear the old slogan, "Don't fix what isnt broken"? Well nothing was broken in 7.

Reactions: Nickmo82

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

The whole thing makes me think there all a bunch of idiots on this. It's not quite the same thing but the recent launch of Octopath Traveller shows how great old techniques with a modern touch can look. So if they're going to go back and remake FFVII, why not keep the original 2.5D style?

While FFVII set the standard moving forward I think only character models, world map, and cut scenes were actually full 3D. So they always said before the game would be too expensive to remake in full 3D because they'd have to full render each location, where during the PS1 era they were basically just 2D drawings that gave the illusion of 3D so where vastly cheaper to produce.

Which is just stupid because the only benefit you get from fully rendering those locations is to be able to move around and rotate the camera, but the game was already designed so you don't need to do that. And the 2.5D was aesthetically gorgeous, they actually took a step back when moving to full 3D.

Basically all they've ever needed to do is take this:

maxresdefault.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2ggL0mU81cU/maxresdefault.jpg

Re-do the character models and re-do/re-render the background in 4K resolution. The end result would look amazing, and they wouldn't need to 3d model every little intrinsic detail in these locations, just so you can spin the camera around.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If I have to guess...I'm going to say FF7 will get released when Playstation 5 is released.

Assuming that PS5 is released in late 2020.

So just over 2 more years.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Interesting thing about FFVII is the original game was released largely incomplete, Wutai being the biggest unfinished portion of the game so much so that it's optional and Yuffie is a hidden character. Vincent's content was also cut down, leaving him as a hidden character. The translation was awful so that will get cleared up. From what I understand, they want to update the game, add all that content that got cut from the original and then add what they've built onto that base lore so it flows better. So it's a lot of work overall besides making it all 3D.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Basically all they've ever needed to do is take this:

Re-do the character models and re-do/re-render the background in 4K resolution. The end result would look amazing, and they wouldn't need to 3d model every little intrinsic detail in these locations, just so you can spin the camera around.
I would agree here, man. I don't know why they're trying to totally re-create the entire game. Maybe they think that the old system won't be much of a draw and they're trying to totally modernize the game I guess. If they just gave the game a real facelift (not just an HD re-master) it would be incredible. Keep everything the same, and, as @kingsholygrail said, just fill out Wutai and Vincent's storylines.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Interesting thing about FFVII is the original game was released largely incomplete, Wutai being the biggest unfinished portion of the game so much so that it's optional and Yuffie is a hidden character. Vincent's content was also cut down, leaving him as a hidden character. The translation was awful so that will get cleared up. From what I understand, they want to update the game, add all that content that got cut from the original and then add what they've built onto that base lore so it flows better. So it's a lot of work overall besides making it all 3D.

I agree with the translation but disagree with the other stuff. Just because Wutai is optional doesn't mean it's unfinished. You spend a ton of time there if you choose to visit, there's a lot of content. It's always one of my favourite parts.

FF6 has optional characters too. Describing FF7 as "released largely incomplete" is pretty ridiculous.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I agree with the translation but disagree with the other stuff. Just because Wutai is optional doesn't mean it's unfinished. You spend a ton of time there if you choose to visit, there's a lot of content. It's always one of my favourite parts.

FF6 has optional characters too. Describing FF7 as "released largely incomplete" is pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, I've never heard of Wutai actually being confirmed as "unfinished" by development or anything. I have heard that the town was meant to be a LOT different in original development and was going to be a bigger part of the storyline, but they scaled it back and made it an optional area.

Though I did always feel that the western continent was kind of empty and thought that they could have done more with the area.

member 157595

@OmniCube This thread has died :(

Just saw this now, thanks for the mention :)

I cannot really rank anything after IX. I stopped being a gamer after that point. I've played X, it's objectively a very good game, but I don't like it. X-2 I never played and have no interest in doing so. I tried XII and hated it after less than 5 minutes and gave up. :laugh: I will, however, talk about I-IX; don't know much about Tactics/spinoffs and Mystic Quest is an insulting game that doesn't deserve further explanation. I have a hard time rigorously ranking these games, since I find it difficult to take emotions and technical aspects out of the equation. I will be commenting on the original Japanese versions unless I explicitly say otherwise.

Ahem...

I had the first game when growing up, I think it came out in NA in 1990 or 1991 (late in the NES lifecycle and not until after FFIII was released in Japan I believe). Since it didn't sell well, it's actually a valuable cart today (unlike Dragon Warrior I, which is extremely common.) They tried to sell this game hard in NA. I still remember a strategy guide coming out in Nintendo Power about it (yes, I am that old) and I may still have that in a collection somewhere. But the game is buggy. I don't mean buggy like VI, which is full of coding errors that don't break the gameplay, I mean BUGGY. Numerous spells either don't work properly or at all, weapon and armor elemental weaknesses are broken, etc...the list goes on and on and it definitely affects the game for the worse. There exists a "fixed" ROM floating around the 'Net that is interesting if one is into that sort of thing. I work as a software engineer and have an incredible admiration for the MOS6502 assembly language monsters that often single-handedly programmed these early games with very limited time and incredibly limited computational resources, so I love that stuff. The first game started it all, but it's not fun today, at all, in its original form. It is, however, much better than it's successor...

The second game...Oh dear. They cancelled this before it was released abroad and holy crap did they make the right decision. This would have been an unholy disaster in North America. They tried a new level-up mechanic in this one whereby you gain a particular skill by using it repeatedly. Makes sense, right? Well, here's the problem: This is one of the most unbalanced games in history. You start out more useless than Dave Nonis at a negotiating table, and the only practical way to level your weapon or magic is to take advantage of coding oversight on Nasir Gebelli's part: you cheat. You select "Attack", cancel, and select "Attack" again...over, and over, and over again. It's even worse with a spell, since the actions require a lot more keystrokes to select, cancel, etc and each spell starts at level 1. How to gain HP? Beat the shit out of your own characters. How to gain MP? Keep casting magic over and over again, making sure to drop below 50% max MP within a single battle. Oh, and did I mention that your strength attributes DECREASE when you perform magic-related tasks, even if it's to just endlessly level up a freaking Poison spell so that the Thunder Gigas doesn't rape you? And the kicker: the select/cancel trick does not work on the last member of your party, since the "battle mode" immediately activates upon executing an action with that character. Therefore, you cannot power level the last character in your party. Also, like its predecessor, in the Famicom version the game will target a particular enemy with an action even if the enemy is already dead from some other action within the same turn, so you get wasted actions often. To sum it up, this game was an unholy clusterf***, and don't listen to anyone that tries to tell you otherwise. A decent story with decent characters is completely ruined by unspeakably bad gameplay mechanics. If you want to imagine gaming hell, try playing the original Famicom version of Final Fantasy II without taking advantage of the select/cancel trick. I freaking dare you.

FFIII was an incredible achievement for Famicom hardware. A massive improvement over the buggy first game and the war crime that was the second game. It introduced the job system, and due to that I'd argue has pretty decent replay value for such an old RPG. We now have auto-targeting, so no wasted actions. However, I've said this elsewhere as well, this game is absolutely unforgiving. If you don't know what you're doing (ie not reading a FAQ and playing through without cheats + prior knowledge) and are insufficiently leveled the Famicom version is not going to hold your hand (this is assuming you're not full-blown Onion Knight, in which case you're death incarnate.) The final dungeon is long and can be brutally difficult. I remember the first time I made it to the Dark World after all that time spent in the Sylx Tower and Eureka, only to run out of healing items/magic and come to find that there is absolutely no way out other than winning the game or a Game Over...I was not happy. I dig the final boss music too. The plot and characters are kind of meh, but I would argue this is the first game in the series worth playing in its original form (if you like retro games).

FFIV...Oh, how I adore this game. This game is my favorite in the series. If you've never played it, you will not believe how strong an attachment you will get to the characters for such an old game. In terms of plot development and characters, when you consider the relative lack of technology Square was working with...my goodness. This game is incredibly emotional for its time and if you're playing the Japanese version it brings the difficulty in spades. The gameplay may be too simple for modern gamers and there's noticeably less replay value than FFVI but I would argue that the first playthrough of this game is as good or better as any game in the entire FF series. I don't even want to talk about specifics because I want anyone reading this that has never played this game to give it a try. You'll be glad you did. OK done fanboying.

I'm torn on the 5th game. I like the job system and I think this game has a lot of replay value even today. There are certain plot points that are definitely unexpected and shocking, but it's sandwiched between two of the greatest RPG's ever made so I think it gets slighted. The difficulty is really erratic; there are a few parts that are really hard but the rest of the game can be too easy. There's just...something missing here and I'm not quite sure what. There's not nearly the emotional, suspenseful drive to play this that there was with IV; it's not that the plot is necessarily bad, but it's definitely not great.

Final Fantasy VI is, in my opinion, the greatest game in the series. Yes, I know it's buggy. Yes, I know the World of Ruin is too nonlinear. The thing is, this game takes the plot power and emotion of IV and adds far more gameplay depth, variety and replay value. Plot-wise, it's more refined than VII; gameplay-wise, it's superior to IV. This game is legendary for a reason. Not my favorite, but the best. It just is. There's only one retro RPG ever made I'd consider superior to it, and that game is not a FF game so I will not mention it here. As I type this, I had the reason to load up "Dancing Mad" from Youtube again. This game is simply transcendent.

VII...is somehow the most overrated and underrated game in the series IMO, if that makes any sense. It's not the best game ever made; I don't think it's even the best game in the series. However, upon playing through this again the only one I clearly view as definitely a step above is VI. Some people hate this game because it "changed everything", but I partially disagree with that. I think the Materia system was a natural evolution from Espers, I like the characters, I love the gameplay, and as I said in another thread, I like this game more every time I play through it. Every time I get something new. It's awesome. It's not perfect but it's great. I kind of like the mini games too. Also, how can you not love a final boss theme that goes "BELLS FROGS, BIG CHERRIES, TINA FEY, HAM AND CHEESE, DAFFY DUCK"? That said, it really did signal a seismic swing in the trajectory of the series in general, swinging more toward the casual gamer and anime fan than the previous nerddom subculture (such as myself) that was the previous target audience.

VIII: I f***ING HATE THIS GAME. I hate drawing magic spells, I hate the gunblade, I hate the limit break system, I hate the card game and I hate Squall's stupid emo face. I know that's not a legitimate gripe but f*** Squall and the eyeshadow he cries into. I wanted to like this game but I can't. I don't like the gameplay or the plot. Also, f*** Squall.

IX: I like it. It was kind of a throwback to the days of gaming that I knew best, the last bastion of the old-school Final Fantasy gamer. It doesn't hold up to VII and certainly not to VI, but the core was old-school. It's a good game IMO.

Once X came out, I realized the FF games that I loved growing up were not going to come back, and it was around this time that I stopped being a gamer. Not really my thing anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Good review of them, and I'd like to add that probably the best way to go back and experience the older games is to get the GBA or PSP classic versions. III and IV got a version on the DS upgraded into 3D, but I find having the big map on the second screen makes the games way too easy. And the more recent releases you can get on Steam of V and VI are just crappy mobile ports.

The GBA/PSP versions on the other hand retain the original look, fix the bugs, and add an optional advanced end game dungeon for extra challenge.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
My experience with the series is very similar to Omnicube's, although the first three were before my time and I never bothered much with them afterwards.

I think the GBA ones are the tightest ports, but you lose a whole lot in visuals and music quality, something that I don't think is acceptable with Final Fantasy. The Steam/mobile ports are abominations.

I think that the best way to experience these games is by playing the SNES ones with rom hacks that get them as close to the GBA-versions as possible, with quality of life changes added in.

The PSP version of IV is arguably better though.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I haven't played the NES or MMO games so I can't comment on them. I do have III on my DS but never really got around to it. Anyways, my rankings:

1. VII - 12 completions

There's no question that nostalgia plays a huge part here. This was the game that made me love games. Before VII, I just casually played sports games and platformers. I saw commercials for a badass guy on a motorcycle jumping onto a highway and wanted to try the game. RPG's have been my favourite games ever since. My obviously very cool friends and I would read the strategy guide at recess. We'd debate conspiracy theories on ways to revive Aerith (The locked dresser in Kalm clearly holds a second different type of underwater materia to allow the party to recover the dropped white materia and revive her...or something) or more secret bosses (Onyx Weapon might be under the marsh!). I was so proud of myself for finding a Ribbon in Gaea's Cliff the official guide missed. But even acknowledging the emotional aspect, I still think it has the best gameplay in the series.

The minigames are paced nicely throughout the game for short breaks. I think it has the best iteration of the ATB battle system. The materia system is easy to manage but can get pretty deep with combinations in the later in the game. The eccentric and weird nature of the game is just a joy. It's tough to imagine the Wall Market surviving intact in the remake, but it's amazing. Midgar is so greatly realized, you can feel the sadness in the slums. Great characters, interesting towns, Gold Saucer, overworld music that made you feel that sense of adventure. I've beaten it a dozen times and will play it again, it's a masterpiece.

Fav party: Cloud, Yuffie, Cid

2. IX - 4 completions

First off the ATB bar moves way too slow. Some of the minigames/sidequests are terrible. I hate having to run along the background waiting for an exclamation point to pop up to find loot. I think the game drags a bit on Disc 3. And yet...it's the most charming of them all in my eyes. The art direction is great. It holds up graphically way better than a PS1 title should. Another great cast of characters. The story resonated with me in a way none of the other games did, particularly Vivi's arc. The setting was just the perfect palate cleanse after VIII. Thankful we got this one last classic FF before things started to go sideways.

Fav party: Zidane, Steiner, Eiko, Amarant

3. VI - 2 completions

Messy, complicated, obtuse at times. Too many characters, too little attachment to any of them with a rotating party. But it works. I never had a SNES but I'm in the process of creating a way to play SNES games with the official controller on my TV instead of having to play on my laptop. Looking forward to a playthrough of this once that's done.

Fav party: Terra, Sabin, Locke, Setzer

4. X - 3 completions

Tidus is thoroughly unlikeable. I absolutely loathe the way EXP is doled out. Because you have the option to swap characters in battle, everyone can gain EXP in every fight. But they have to do something. So since I wanted everyone to level up, that meant I was swapping in characters just to defend a turn before killing the baddies in every random encounter. The sidequests...my god, some of the most frustrating experiences of my life. The chocobo race alone is enough to break a man, to say nothing of dodging lightning or catching butterflies. But the music is incredible. The setting is great. I always enjoy blitzball for awhile before my team is overpowered and boring. With the international version, this is the first FF to really bring in lengthy and challenging endgame content and it works pretty well.

Fav party: Everyone

5. V - 2 completions

I found this to be the toughest game in the series, you can really find yourself in trouble if your jobs don't match up well against the boss. But the job system gives so much creativity to the player. The gameplay makes up for a plot that can be a little thin.

Fav party: Too complicated with jobs stacked on top of each other

6. XIII - 2 completions

I know I just lost the audience here. I'm aware I'm on sort of an island by not thinking this is a horrible, awful game. I hated it the first time I played it. The second time...maybe expectations were low, but I actually really enjoyed myself. The music is the best in the series, bar none. The endgame is spectacular. It became sort of a meme that defenders of the game said it gets really good after 30 hours...but it does. It has my favourite non-ATB battle system. I think every game after my top 3 has flaws but the positives of XIII stick out to me a lot more readily than they do for the below games.

Fav party: Lightning, Fang, Hope

7. IV - 0 completions

I just can't get into it enough. I've started about 4 playthroughs, on both the SNES version through emulation and the DS remake version I bought. Maybe it's because I only tried playing it so late, but it just doesn't sink its hooks into me. I want to like it more than I do. I feel like I'm a bad fan for not appreciating it enough, but I can't lie to myself. It's just okay, and that has never been enough to keep me going to the end.

Fav party: not qualified to answer

8. VIII - 3 completions

There are so many cool parts to this game. The SEED test is awesome. Really, all the SEED missions are fun and I loved being paid a salary. The Castle is the best FF dungeon song ever. Triple Triad is incredible and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. People get frustrated with the rule changes, you can prevent them from ever happening if you're smart. While the "realistic" look aged horribly, at the time it was good. But...the draw system. How. Why. I'll never understand what Square was thinking. Let's concoct a system where the best way to improve is to spend 10 minutes using the draw command every time an enemy has a new type of magic. Then make using magic a dubious proposition since every cast takes away from your stats. I mean Squall is unlikeable, the story is just really stupid at times (the "GF's made us forget!" twist is maybe the worst in series history). But problems like these pale in comparison to the gameplay being completely undermined by the draw system. If this game was released today, it would have been patched out quickly.

Fav party: Squall, Zell, Quistis

9. XII - 0 completions

Why do I keep buying this game? I've bought it three times. Once recently with the PS4 remaster, because I was convinced I would get into it. Nope. I keep forgetting how infuriating I find the battle system. The gambit system sucks. Most of the time I feel like I have so little control. You just walk up to enemies and let the algorithm fight for you. What fun. The story seems like it could be cool, political and somewhat subtle. I just can never stick with the game long enough to see it through. But why does it seem like Vaan is entirely inconsequential to the plot? Really cool PS4 theme came with the game though, it's my go-to.

Fav party: N/A

10. XV - 1 completion

Like a game put together after playing every AAA title for the past few years and combining them. Craven and shallow. An ultimately pointless money grab trying to cash in on what's expected of a modern AAA open world game. The story actually has good bones but was told so haphazardly and briefly that it was impossible to feel a connection. The game as it launched was an embarrassment from a franchise that was once the clear leader in cinematic storytelling. I know they've made updates since then and have a new "Royal Edition." Great! I bought the game Day 1 so it's really cool I have to buy a DLC pack if I want the full plot. Nomura had a compelling vision and setting with Versus XIII, I feel like Tabata was brought in to get the thing actually made at the cost of it's soul. So we get Final Fantasy: Far Cry, another forgettable open world borefest instead of a unique work of art.

Fav party: Throw yourself a party by getting Persona 5 or Xenoblade 2 if you want a modern JRPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Villella McMeans

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Right now, I'm playing XV, I like it. I know it's not the best, but I'm having a good time. I'm probably over 100 HOURS into my playthrough (and I'm on my third, completing only one. :( ) It's quite challenging changing to a more "Kingdom Hearts" style of gameplay, but I adapted. (I'm looking at you, #DarksydePhil. )

My favorites are FFVI & FVII. I do have a bunch, but the PS2 versions can't play on my PS3, and I don't know if I have a PS2 console around. Will try to get some of the PS4 games when I have the money and chance.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Got super sucked back into XIV. Stopped playing after doing the base Realm Reborn stuff and before any expansions came out. Now done with both expansions, hit 70 and doing endgame stuff.

member 157595

Good review of them, and I'd like to add that probably the best way to go back and experience the older games is to get the GBA or PSP classic versions. III and IV got a version on the DS upgraded into 3D, but I find having the big map on the second screen makes the games way too easy. And the more recent releases you can get on Steam of V and VI are just crappy mobile ports.

The GBA/PSP versions on the other hand retain the original look, fix the bugs, and add an optional advanced end game dungeon for extra challenge.

Yeah I have FFII: Dawn of Souls on GBA and both IV and III on the DS, as well some PS remakes. The only version of II that is semi-playable is Dawn of Souls IMO. I get what they were going for with II, but it simply doesn't make for an enjoyable gaming experience in practice. I like the remake of I, makes for a much more fun game. I'm not 8 years old anymore, I don't mind some grinding but get to the gameplay already (that is definitely what she said.)

I don't mind the DS remake of III. I haven't finished it yet, I'm up to the point where I'm about to go to the Dark World but I haven't gotten around to finishing it.

I haven't played the remake of IV of DS in years, actually. May have to give that a try again since I love the original version so dearly.

My experience with the series is very similar to Omnicube's, although the first three were before my time and I never bothered much with them afterwards.

I think the GBA ones are the tightest ports, but you lose a whole lot in visuals and music quality, something that I don't think is acceptable with Final Fantasy. The Steam/mobile ports are abominations.

I think that the best way to experience these games is by playing the SNES ones with rom hacks that get them as close to the GBA-versions as possible, with quality of life changes added in.

The PSP version of IV is arguably better though.

Yeah I'm old. Thankfully you're not as old. :laugh:

member 157595

Software + Gaming Nerd Moment: So I'm stepping through breakpoints in an IDE, and I just realized I was unintentionally doing it to the beat of "One Winged Angel".

I have problems.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Anyone who says VI doesn't have the best soundtrack is just wrong.

VI and IX are easily the high water marks for Nobuo.

member 157595

Anyone who says VI doesn't have the best soundtrack is just wrong.

VI and IX are easily the high water marks for Nobuo.

I do think VI has the best soundtrack, and I think Dancing Mad is clearly the best song in the FF series as a whole. However, I really should listen through each of the OST's before ranking the rest of them.

My favorite song in the series is the "Theme of Love" from IV, but I have a very deeply personal connection to that song that I'd rather not disclose on the internet.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
FFVI's music is downright phenomenal, but that being said they do get a boost by being at essentially the tail end of practicality (before the rise of retro), functionality, and experience with 16-bit game soundtrack technology. So, they had extraordinarily skilled composers and technicians working on an extremely established and practically finalized medium, meaning that they were able to squeeze almost every last ounce of fidelity and ability with the limitations available to them.

Modern game soundtracks can cover the gambit of essentially everything from a musical perspective, so they aren't remotely limited or hampered by the technology available. There's something to be said to how constraints can drive genius, after all.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
If I have to guess...I'm going to say FF7 will get released when Playstation 5 is released.

Assuming that PS5 is released in late 2020.

So just over 2 more years.

This would piss me off, this game and its announcement was the whole reason why I bought a PS4...I have played the entire Uncharted series and really fell in love with them and couldn't wait for a Last of Us 2 but I probably would of stuck with the Xbone had I ever guessed such a delay would take place. Abandoned a big friends list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad