All-Purpose Final Fantasy Thread

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Finally (heh) finished FF16, and I think its pretty mid as far as FFs go. I’d put it about on par with FF13.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been playing the pixel remasters on PS4. FF6 was always one of my favorite games of all time, but I think I've finally mastered it after a dozen playthroughs over the last 25 years. By carefully managing the esper boosts on level ups, my characters were unstoppable in the latter portion of the game.

I'm now just tying up loose ends to collect all the trophies and achievements. I just have to go back to the phantom train to complete the bestiary (the coliseum turned that task from hours and hours of hunting to like 45 minutes to knock out most of what I had missing by the end of the game), as well as collect all the chests in the world of balance that I'd missed.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I played and beat FF6 for the first time this year. Maybe I missed something with it but I didn’t find the story that interesting. Great characters(especially Celes) but the overall story and especially the ending fell kinda flat for me.

Overall it was a great game but idk I found FF7 and FFX were both a lot better but that could just be nostalgia blinders.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I played and beat FF6 for the first time this year. Maybe I missed something with it but I didn’t find the story that interesting. Great characters(especially Celes) but the overall story and especially the ending fell kinda flat for me.

Overall it was a great game but idk I found FF7 and FFX were both a lot better but that could just be nostalgia blinders.
Its charms are a little less flashy than 7 and 10, IMO, and your experience might also be affected by missable story, if you didn't find them. Generally speaking, the plot itself isn't its greatest strength, but there are certainly story threads and themes for individual characters that are really tastefully explored.

Here are some parts you could have easily missed.

(a minor variation that pays off the previous scene)

I think the game's greatest strength is probably its elegance and tightness (compared to how occasionally flawed and messy something like 7 can be). I don't necessarily like it as much as 7 overall (that plot structure and the way that key moments are delivered is just too strong), but I like it more than 10 by a longshot, personally.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Probably just guessing based on the initial Nvidia leaks from way back when. There hasn't been much new info since, as far as I'm aware.
IIRC, the Nvidia leak had it coming out well before 2024. Wasn't sure if there was something else that dropped that I missed or if it was just pure speculation that is intended to sound like actual knowledge...

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Just started FFXV Royal Edition. I haven't gone through a FF title since I was horribly let down by XIII. I've heard XV was hideous when it released but that Royal Edition fixed alot. So far so good. Loving the combat.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
IIRC, the Nvidia leak had it coming out well before 2024. Wasn't sure if there was something else that dropped that I missed or if it was just pure speculation that is intended to sound like actual knowledge...
Right, I'm pretty sure it's just pure speculation about it being soon. There were some rumbles in June about Matsuno suspiciously asking fans about how they'd hypothetically want Cidolfus to be balanced, and a self-proclaimed insider on the internet who apparently guessed some other stuff correctly who said that the game itself was ready and that they were just waiting for the right moment to announce it, as well as some stuff in February where Square devs said that the Tactics team was very busy with a project at the moment, but that's about it. Pretty flimsy.

I wonder if 16 not doing amazingly in sales changes anything.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad