OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Speculation Topic -- Part Deux

Would you root for the Expos if they returned as a split squad with the Rays?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is there a group in place in Vancouver?

I haven't heard of any mlb talks at all in Vancouver. I don't think it's a major league city. They even lost their triple A team several years ago.

They seem to have found their niche in single A baseball.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

If this shared team concept is really a thing, it's crazy how things come full circle.

When the expos were on life support, they shared home base between Montreal and Puerto Rico or something.

Now, the rays may could be sharing home base between Montreal and tampa.

Reactions: donghabs98

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
This whole idea of "sharing" the team with Tampa is only temporary i hope? I have a hard time imagining myself caring about a "shared" team.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This whole idea of "sharing" the team with Tampa is only temporary i hope? I have a hard time imagining myself caring about a "shared" team.

I think that kind of situation has to be temporary. It's a logistical nightmare to keep that up year after year, and I imagine the players would hate it too.

Reactions: smitty10

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It reminds me when Montreal and Puerto Rico shared the team. It could've potentially been PR, but there wasn't enough hype for a shared team over there, so it ended up being Washington.

I'm afraid the same thing happens if Tampa and MTL share the team. That feeling of belonging amongst the city and the actual fan base is really hard to get in that situation.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i guess if we share a team it's better than nothing. TB is greatly run franchise. Do they wear expos unis for 41 games? i imagine so...would be a merchandising dream for MLB - spos stuff has been selling better since they relocated. lol

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Tampa have an excellent club. A great superstar in the making named Wander Franco. I can already hear Rodger call his name. Hopefully the split season is temporary and in a couple of years they move permanently here.

Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I’m not knowledgeable about baseball generally. Can anyone tell me what’s the MLB interest to bring back baseball to MTL rather than just move the team to another US city?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I know we probably don't have a whole lotta love for Tampa sports these days... but isn't that a really shitty deal for those fans?

"Hey, here's what we want to do: Send your team for half the year to Canada! We certainly hope you'll be on board for this because if you're not, WE'LL SEND THEM THERE FOREVER!"

Just brutal, imagine if that was our team!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad