All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIII: Let's Get These Threads Back On The Rail(s)

Best Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So Minnesota is under a full blown riot. A police station is under siege. target looted bare, fires set inside, breaking into the cash registers and looking for the safe in the offices. Autozone is on fire. Wendy’s being trashed.
This ain’t the way.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jordan dropping 38 with the Flu in Game 5 of the 98 Finals still makes no sense to me.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
The way things seem to have gone so far, especially lately, I'm guessing that those "in power" are treating the virus as though it is a military battle. 80% will be fine, 20% will be casualties....but, if we get the economy going (i.e. achieve the objective), it's a win. As Meatloaf almost said, 4 out of 5 ain't bad. They are willing to accept those losses to achieve an objective.

That's just how I see things at the moment. Mods, if this is too political, feel free to remove.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
giphy.gif

We've officially reached the point where we'd rather argue about Hagg/Ghost and Stewart being in the lineup. What a time to be alive...

Neither...
171129_wn_pannell2_16x9_992.jpg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The way things seem to have gone so far, especially lately, I'm guessing that those "in power" are treating the virus as though it is a military battle. 80% will be fine, 20% will be casualties....but, if we get the economy going (i.e. achieve the objective), it's a win. As Meatloaf almost said, 4 out of 5 ain't bad. They are willing to accept those losses to achieve an objective.

That's just how I see things at the moment. Mods, if this is too political, feel free to remove.
It’s 2 out of 3 ain’t bad, you heathen.

Reactions: Asnito

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
HC is talking about how he didn't have the flu, it was food poisoning.

Ahhh that makes more sense than. I actually played a hockey game with food poisoning back in February. It was a nightmare, but I did have a nice assist. Almost threw up every time I was on the bench and felt better during my shifts.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I’ve been frantically putting off reading a white paper all day. Now I’m reading about why there aren’t more monorails instead, so thank you for yet another distraction.

I’ve already learned that it’s very difficult for them to make track switches.

Well, duh, there's one rail.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

It's more like Paths of Glory, where the stupid generals sit in safety while they order their men into useless deaths.

The GO won't wear a mask, discourages others from wearing masks, but tests everyone around him and builds a "wall" against COVID while giving food processor workers the choice to work in unsafe conditions (the owners are shielded from liability from their negligence under the DPA) or starve. The running dog of the Oligarchs (Moscow Mitch) blocks aid to states that would keep vital services going and people employed while pushing for more tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy.

This is become a replay of 1932 except that Hoover was a decent man overwhelmed by events, the GO is a terrible human being and grossly incompetent POTUS who is making matters far worse than they had to be.

All we need now is Mnuchin to run through the West Wing screaming: Liquidate, Liquidate, Liquidate!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ahhh that makes more sense than. I actually played a hockey game with food poisoning back in February. It was a nightmare, but I did have a nice assist. Almost threw every time I was on the bench and felt better during my shifts.
You're brave. The last thing in the world I'd want to do if I had food poisoning is be in the middle of a physical activity and have on a bunch of sports equipment that could delay my rush to the bathroom should the worst case scenario occur.

I don't trust my body to not f*** me over at the worst possible time.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
It's more like Paths of Glory, where the stupid generals sit in safety while they order their men into useless deaths.

The GO won't wear a mask, discourages others from wearing masks, but tests everyone around him and builds a "wall" against COVID while giving food processor workers the choice to work in unsafe conditions (the owners are shielded from liability from their negligence under the DPA) or starve. The running dog of the Oligarchs (Moscow Mitch) blocks aid to states that would keep vital services going and people employed while pushing for more tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy.

This is become a replay of 1932 except that Hoover was a decent man overwhelmed by events, the GO is a terrible human being and grossly incompetent POTUS who is making matters far worse than they had to be.

All we need now is Mnuchin to run through the West Wing screaming: Liquidate, Liquidate, Liquidate!
I didn't want to get to political with it all. Long story short, they really don't give two shits about you, I, or anyone else. If they get what they want, losses be damned, they don't care.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I appreciate you looking. The time in the game doesn’t really matter. I’m just hoping to find some type of mark being present/not present.

There‘s a repair above the end of the R, some white paint or something in between the O and Y, and then loose threads aplenty.

So if you can look into the script I’d continue to be grateful.

I've watched the broadcast angles of every time Joyner was on the field. There's nothing close enough to show the type of detail of the back or right shoulder. I did get a decent look at the left shoulder and there was no visible damage. I think you could reasonably get good footage of every Rams defender who played significant snaps except Joyner since he's so damn far off the LoS.

Measured by pixels, the biggest the #20 on the reverse of his jersey gets is on one replay angle after an Incomplete Pass intended for Hogan at 11:16 of Q2 seen in the seconds after the linked timestamp:

If you can find a super clean copy of the game, that stretch might turn up more detail about the nameplate.

I would also check the replay angle after a Completed Pass to Edelman at 3:57 of Q2. That's quite large by pixel size too, and it's shot a little more from his right. He then turns to give some right shoulder immediately afterward.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

No politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad