All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVIII: Let's Get These Threads Back On The Rail(s)

Best Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
That's better.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't like to talk about it. Although I stand by if Cooper Kupp wasn't hurt the Rams could/would have won.

Humble brag about having a big brain that you can't turn off there, Jojo... I can fall asleep at anytime. That's one thing i'm very good at. I can turn my brain off quite easily.

Or I'm too dumb to fall asleep because I get bored and try to name every first round QB since the merger. Then it's an hour later and I still haven't come up with Steve Pisarkiewicz or Jack Thompson. Your choice.

What is the paper on?

Breaking a specific cryptographic algorithm with less that one bit of nonce leakage. It's for people far smarter than myself. I have to read these things many times, so I put them off as long as possible.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This isn't political so please don't respond to it as is.

Donald Trump has a bill to sanction China for their detention and torture of Uighur Muslims on his desk.

Mike Pompeo called out Beijing for their handling of Hong Kong and no longer views HK as autonomous.

General tension between the two countries due to the Coronavirus.

What's that mean?

FUTURES THROUGH THE ROOOOOOOOOF!

I hate the stock market.

Yes, I know there's more to it than that but we're heading towards three straight days of huge after hours pumps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Striiker

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Or I'm too dumb to fall asleep because I get bored and try to name every first round QB since the merger. Then it's an hour later and I still haven't come up with Steve Pisarkiewicz or Jack Thompson. Your choice.

Breaking a specific cryptographic algorithm with less that one bit of nonce leakage. It's for people far smarter than myself. I have to read these things many times, so I put them off as long as possible.

First off, good point. I guess we'll never know. Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Second off, I don't know what any of those words mean. So maybe we do know.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Sounds dense but interesting. I have a stack of papers and journals I need to get through myself and it’s not happening. Not even during lockdown.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
First off, good point. I guess we'll never know. Maybe it's a little bit of both.

Second off, I don't know what any of those words mean. So maybe we do know.

Did they change jerseys at Halftime? Front, Back or Both? There are some nice angles on the 3rd Down run coming out of the 2MW. There were only Special Teams snaps after that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did they change jerseys at Halftime? Front, Back or Both? There are some nice angles on the 3rd Down run coming out of the 2MW. There were only Special Teams snaps after that.

You're actually watching? lolll.

I haven't the faintest clue if they switched but there was a repair on the back above the name plate. I've seen some photos from the game where there looks to be somewhat of a mark on the right sleeve #0 and there's somewhat of a loose thread on my jersey around there but it's no where near conclusive.

I also bought a Kupp and a Goff from this year that I was able to photomatch due to the vent holes in the jersey. That's not really an option with Joyner because there's no where near the same level of photos taken of him.

I'd send it out to a company that does photomatches and has access to full resolution Getty and what not but I also am not sure if I really want to know the answer 100%. Nor do I really want to pay the amount of money that they’ll charge seeing the Super Bowl patch on the jersey. I thought about getting some paperwork to go with the Goff and the Kupp but they wanted like $600 when I already did the legwork so I thought better of it.

He wore a jersey during the media availability and i'm quite certain that the jersey he's wearing isn't the one that I own but it's also not the game so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

los-angeles-rams-free-safety-lamarcus-joyner-answers-questions-during-picture-id1091950356

Last edited:

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA

I haven't the faintest clue if they switched but there was a repair on the back above the name plate. I've seen some photos from the game where there looks to be somewhat of a mark on the right sleeve #0 and there's somewhat of a loose thread on my jersey around there but it's no where near conclusive.

I also bought a Kupp and a Goff from this year that I was able to photomatch due to the vent holes in the jersey. That's not really an option with Joyner because there's no where near the same level of photos taken of him.

I'd send it out to a company that does photomatches and has access to full resolution Getty and what not but I also am not sure if I really want to know the answer 100%.

He wore a jersey during the media availability and i'm quite certain that the jersey he's wearing isn't the one that I own but it's also not the game so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

los-angeles-rams-free-safety-lamarcus-joyner-answers-questions-during-picture-id1091950356
Maybe send the guy a letter, a la Strawberry Fields style, and ask him about the jersey(s)? Just a thought, only costs the price of a stamp.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe send the guy a letter, a la Strawberry Fields style, and ask him about the jersey(s)? Just a thought, only costs the price of a stamp.

I actually never thought of this one. You’d be surprised how many players have no friggin clue about what they wear though.

Although if he has his jersey from the game that might help a little but then I might still have the one he wore in the game and he has the backup etc.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'd send it out to a company that does photomatches and has access to full resolution Getty and what not but I also am not sure if I really want to know the answer 100%. Nor do I really want to pay the amount of money that they’ll charge seeing the Super Bowl patch on the jersey. I thought about getting some paperwork to go with the Goff and the Kupp but they wanted like $600 when I already did the legwork so I thought better of it.

Great post. Terrible franchise.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I'd send it out to a company that does photomatches and has access to full resolution Getty and what not but I also am not sure if I really want to know the answer 100%.

Yeah, you're not going to get loose thread detail out of the broadcast cam. NFL.com only has 720p film, so you end up with this once you take a still.

QJQhFuW.png

182mumn.png

I have a script that can help me find better closeups, but it won't be as late in the game as those were. I've been through the last ~8 Minutes thoroughly and there's nothing better than those of the back for sure.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
I actually never thought of this one. You’d be surprised how many players have no friggin clue about what they wear though.

Although if he has his jersey from the game that might help a little but then I might still have the one he wore in the game and he has the backup etc.
Don't know man, just throwing (cheap) ideas out there! Maybe the one you have is actually the game jersey, and the guy invites you to hang out for a weekend to get the thing back? You never know!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, you're not going to get loose thread detail out of the broadcast cam. NFL.com only has 720p film, so you end up with this once you take a still.

QJQhFuW.png

182mumn.png

I have a script that can help me find better closeups, but it won't be as late in the game as those were. I've been through the last ~8 Minutes thoroughly and there's nothing better than those of the back for sure.

I appreciate you looking. The time in the game doesn’t really matter. I’m just hoping to find some type of mark being present/not present.

There‘s a repair above the end of the R, some white paint or something in between the O and Y, and then loose threads aplenty.

So if you can look into the script I’d continue to be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad