All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XV: The Positive One

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
While the elites of the coasts should be castigated for their dismissal of "fly-over country," those denizens of the hinterland need to acquaint themselves with more than white bread.

People who think Taco Bell is Tex-Mex food need to be sent to re-education camps.

Taco Bell hot sauces are garbage.

It's also one of the only fast food places where a soy boy can get a decent meal. So don't be a hater.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So are a lot of other things that taste good.
Mortadella Itaian bologna is tasty...a good Italian salami is as well. I am talkin the imported stuff you get at Claudios on 9th street. On the bad side is that processed meats/pork products such as deli meats aren't exactly great for those who want to stave off cancer somehow particularly colon...

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This is a lie.

The only thing you Brits use as a condiment is malt vinegar to go with fish and chips for every meal.

Funnily enough while I love fish and chips... and it was actually invented in the town I went to school in (Oldham, never go there, ever)...

The best fish and chips I ever had in my life was in Helsingør, in North Sjaelland in Denmark. The place where Hamlet's Castle is. There is a food market there and an Anglo-Danish guy runs it. Heavenly.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Funnily enough while I love fish and chips... and it was actually invented in the town I went to school in (Oldham, never go there, ever)...

The best fish and chips I ever had in my life was in Helsingør, in North Sjaelland in Denmark. The place where Hamlet's Castle is. There is a food market there and an Anglo-Danish guy runs it. Heavenly.
Hark... there is something not rotten in Denmark...

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Beef Invictus I give this guy three real life days before he’s a CK2 cousinf***er.

You got the over or under?

My next game is gonna be HRE, and you best believe I plan on making Hapsburg genetics look diverse. I'm gonna be playing chromosomal Pokemon. Gotta catch em all!

My games are usually pretty short because I tend to plow every kingdom in the ground like a maniac. My Roman playthrough last night was remarkable in that I didn't have a chance to do terrible things to the empire, it just pre-emptively did terrible things to me. Well played, Nova Roma.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
My next game is gonna be HRE, and you best believe I plan on making Hapsburg genetics look diverse. I'm gonna be playing chromosomal Pokemon. Gotta catch em all!

My games are usually pretty short because I tend to plow every kingdom in the ground like a maniac. My Roman playthrough last night was remarkable in that I didn't have a chance to do terrible things to the empire, it just pre-emptively did terrible things to me. Well played, Nova Roma.

In case you haven’t seen this yet, enjoy:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Alright, 3 hour poll...

Do i buy a Simmons mask at 579 (shipping and tax included)
or a CCM mask at 571 (shipping and tax included).

Simmonds is a bit more, and will take longer to get to me (not that that's currently an issue), but i get to support something more "independent"

CCM is for sure a Pro Mask and i can't find any testimonials on the 926 Simmons

Democracy... do your thing

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Alright, 3 hour poll...

Do i buy a Simmons mask at 579 (shipping and tax included)
or a CCM mask at 571 (shipping and tax included).

Simmonds is a bit more, and will take longer to get to me (not that that's currently an issue), but i get to support something more "independent"

CCM is for sure a Pro Mask and i can't find any testimonials on the 926 Simmons

Democracy... do your thing
I've never had either. My current one is a Vaughn and the one before that was an Itech...I think. I still have it. It was the first and only mask I ever got painted, but boy is it beat to hell.

Having said that, I'd go Simmons, although I feel like I'd need to try them on first.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I've used this time to get to hang out with my 18-month old son, which as been awesome. He really started communicating verbally a lot more. I take him on an hour walk almost every day. We stop and look at flowers, dogs, trucks...anything he finds simulating. It's funny, we go at the same time most days, and we see the same people out with their children.

Physically, I've been working out about 5 times a week. It's been challenging at times, but I've found ways to stimulate muscle growth. The challenge has been fun. I've been losing weight/body fat slowly since the start of 2019, and realized a few days ago I am close to the 20 lbs mark. I was never fat, but certainly heavier than I wanted to be. Still not where I've been in the past, but my body fat is down to about 15-16%. I want to get it down a bit more.

I've also been more active around the house, getting the projects done that I've wanted to for the last few years. I've been fixing the patchy grass in my backyard, cleaning/organizing the basement. One of the best parts is that I always have clean clothing. It's nice to be able to get stuff done at the house during work.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
@Beef Invictus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-soviet-union-saved-the-world-from-hitler/

Russia was responsible for 3/4 of German military deaths. Russia itself lost men 80:1 to American losses.

And Britain was certainly up against it. They needed a lot of help and supplies from the US and agreed to break up their empire, free countries, and give us a lot of strategic land and islands in exchange for help.

If Hitler directed everything towards the UK and left Russia alone they could have taken it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is why we need to be patient and play well with others (wear masks, social distance), even the countries that are doing things right are struggling with outbreaks:

India and Britain Push Economic Relief Amid Coronavirus Lockdowns: Live Coverage

If you're gonna re-open, starting from an already high level of infection (look how fast things got out of hand from mid-February when infections took off under the radar, March 1 when the first deaths were reported, and April 1, when we had a full scale pandemic), you're asking for trouble.

We started with only a handful of infections and in less than two months deaths were in the tens of thousands.
Now we probably have millions of contagious disease vectors walking around, so opening up without strong social controls could be an absolute disaster, as every urban area in a state that opens up without these controls will soon become a mini-NYC.

Simple math, 1.3M confirmed, 13M infected? Ten percent of that 13M within the last two weeks (i.e. still infectious)?
So 1M people capable of spreading the disease are allowed into restaurants, offices, manufacturing plants, etc.
What do you think might happen?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I've used this time to get to hang out with my 18-month old son, which as been awesome. He really started communicating verbally a lot more. I take him on an hour walk almost every day. We stop and look at flowers, dogs, trucks...anything he finds simulating. It's funny, we go at the same time most days, and we see the same people out with their children.

Physically, I've been working out about 5 times a week. It's been challenging at times, but I've found ways to stimulate muscle growth. The challenge has been fun. I've been losing weight/body fat slowly since the start of 2019, and realized a few days ago I am close to the 20 lbs mark. I was never fat, but certainly heavier than I wanted to be. Still not where I've been in the past, but my body fat is down to about 15-16%. I want to get it down a bit more.

I've also been more active around the house, getting the projects done that I've wanted to for the last few years. I've been fixing the patchy grass in my backyard, cleaning/organizing the basement. One of the best parts is that I always have clean clothing. It's nice to be able to get stuff done at the house during work.

That’s great man. I’ve been spending more time with my kids but they are a lot.

Congrats on getting your body fat lowered. That’s hard stuff during a quarantine, at least for me. My goal is 12% but that’s going to continue to take a lot of effort. I think I may be around 18-20% right now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Beef Invictus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-soviet-union-saved-the-world-from-hitler/

Russia was responsible for 3/4 of German military deaths. Russia itself lost men 80:1 to American losses.

And Britain was certainly up against it. They needed a lot of help and supplies from the US and agreed to break up their empire, free countries, and give us a lot of strategic land and islands in exchange for help.

If Hitler directed everything towards the UK and left Russia alone they could have taken it.

No, they could not have taken the UK. For the same reason Napoleon couldn't. No navy fit to do so. You can't drive a tank across the Channel. And paratroops need support, otherwise they'd have been slaughtered. Successful evacuation at Dunkirk and the existence of the Royal Navy made that enterprise impossible.

Germany was also very slow to get on a war footing economically, as well. Which is baffling, but for being an autocracy Nazi Germany was stunningly decentralized and prone to bitter internal disputes which the social Darwinist in Hitler loved, he believed that infighting was good as it would produce the best results. In fact, it produced massive inefficiency. That inefficiency made it impossible for Germany to build an aircraft carrier, for instance. But, the economic revival of Germany was a major selling point for keeping popular support, and stripping that all away to feed war was almost certainly seen as something to be avoided for as long as possible.

Hitler also lost his mind the second the Brits bombed a German target. At that point he switched from pummeling the RAF and focused on cities instead. He let the RAF up off the mat and they defeated Germany. On top of all that, Germany flat out didn't have the engineering culture for the kind of mass production required as well as the lack of central focus to direct efforts to external fights rather than bitter and deeply counterproductive infighting. Plus, Germany had to dive into Soviet territory to gain access to resources (particularly oil supplies and refineries) that Stalin otherwise wasn't going to be handing over, so presuming they don't attack Russia that means their fuel issues would have been present sooner. All the men in the world mean nothing if you can't drive, fly, or ship them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad