All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XIII: Cute Meat Pics Only

Which is greatest and best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

One reason Putin is so sensitive about WWII is he has no legitimacy, the Party is dead, and the elections are rigged.
So the Russian role in "liberating" Eastern Europe justifies a "strong leader" and Russian dominance of Eastern Europe.

Questioning that, especially Stalin, is a challenge to Russian hegemony, exposing Russian imperialist ambitions that go back hundreds of years and makes WII a clash between two totalitarian states, and the Russian "sacrifices" become victims to Stalin's miscalculations.

As the alternative perspective toward WWII has emerged in Eastern Europe, it pushes Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, the Ukraine, etc. closer to the West and more willing to see Russia as an historical oppressor rather than a liberator.

So what seems to be a minor incident, pulling down a statute, symbolizes resistance to Putin's version of history and his ambitions to restore the Czarist empire. Even his support of right wing populist movements is a two edged sword, while these movements are opposed to the European Union's bureaucratic reach, they also appeal to nationalist sentiments that engender resentment of Russian hegemony.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Last time I told you about the connection between the Russians doing this and Czechs removing a statue in Prague. Today I will share something more fun. (sort of... considering what happened to Nemtsov, not really fun)

Boris Nemtsov. Former deputy prime minister of Russia (1997-1998), very liberal considering the country we are talking about. Significant opposition force, if you ask me. The topics he would touch on were Crimea annexation, etc. He was assasinated back in 2015, shot several times from the back. Ever since then, Kremlin was accused of plotting the murder. (of course Kremlin went to accuse the Chechens instead, as they always do, see before)

Russian embassy in Prague was located in a location called "Chestnut Square". In February, one of the mayors in question (mayor of Prague, Zdeněk Hřib) and his office renamed the location to "Boris Nemtsov Square". Russian embassy relocated to a different spot in April. :laugh:

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Last time I told you about the connection between the Russians doing this and Czechs removing a statue in Prague. Today I will share something more fun. (sort of... considering what happened to Nemtsov, not really fun)

Boris Nemtsov. Former deputy prime minister of Russia (1997-1998), very liberal considering the country we are talking about. Significant opposition force, if you ask me. The topics he would touch on were Crimea annexation, etc. He was assasinated back in 2015, shot several times from the back. Ever since then, Kremlin was accused of plotting the murder. (of course Kremlin went to accuse the Chechens instead, as they always do, see before)

Russian embassy in Prague was located in a location called "Chestnut Square". In February, one of the mayors in question (mayor of Prague, Zdeněk Hřib) and his office renamed the location to "Boris Nemtsov Square". Russian embassy relocated to a different spot in April. :laugh:
I remember Nemtsov was murdered right outside the Kremlin and how the cameras that would have captured it in better detail were mysteriously not working:rolleyes:

I hope they rename the new location of the embassy Litvinenko square, the bastards.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

W Matvey Michkov - Lokomotiv-2004 Yaroslavl, Russia U15 (2023 Draft)

I figured you’d like this thread. Your buddy is going full Comrad Alex Jones in there. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I remember Nemtsov was murdered right outside the Kremlin and how the cameras that would have captured it in better detail were mysteriously not working:rolleyes:

I hope the rename the new location of the embassy Litvinenko square, the bastards.

Don't forget that snow plows were moved into position to block views from other operational cameras. In summer.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I hope the rename the new location of the embassy Litvinenko square, the bastards.

There was already a park in Prague 6 (mayor Ondřej Kolář, another one from the group of mayors) renamed to Anna Politkovskaya park earlier this year. :laugh:

Anna Politkovskaya - Wikipedia

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If you people don't like this thread title then I swear I will make every single title from now on some obscure history reference.

giphy.gif

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
There was already a park in Prague 6 (mayor Ondřej Kolář, another one from the group of mayors) renamed to Anna Politkovskaya park earlier this year. :laugh:

Anna Politkovskaya - Wikipedia
Damn pretty soon every street in Prague is going to be named after a Russian.;)

I'm still trying to figure out why Navalny is still alive? Does Putin like him because that dude is living way past his expiration date.

Reactions: kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Discovery Island: Man arrested for camping on Disney property - CNN

(CNN)A man arrested for camping at Walt Disney World's Discovery Island told police he didn't know he was trespassing on what looked to him like a "tropical paradise," police said.

The man, who was taken into custody Thursday, had been on the island since Monday or Tuesday to camp for a week, according to an Orange County Sheriff's Office report.

Deputies launched searches for the man on foot, boat and helicopter, which he claimed not to have heard because he was asleep in one of the island's buildings, the report said.

Florida man out here thinking we're in Zombieland or something. You can't just take over theme parks bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad