All-Purpose Attendance Thread: Poll added

The White and Chabot contract extensions will

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
How do you not understand how top level talent retains season ticket holders lmao

For sure, those 8000 season ticket holders were the envy of the NHL. I honestly don’t know if signing those players would have made any difference to STH. It may have kept the 8k, but losing games, especially the way they did in 18-19, ultimately mattered more.

Don’t get me wrong, I would rather have those guys, especially Stone. I just think that the issues in this market go hella deeper than just signing players . There is no confidence in ownership and trust issues

Reactions: Imperious Red

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
There is nothing you can say that justifies keeping Karlsson long term on a team that is going a different direction after failing, with a ton of young players and a potential superstar D-Man that is essentially going to replace Karlsson.

Stone you can make an argument for but not Karlsson and it's unfortunate. I love Karlsson's offensive game, his defensive game not so much and he's already breaking down physically not what you want long term especially when you should be getting prepared to invest in his replacement.

Also you guys shouldn't be so fickle when it comes to supporting "your" team. I only get one game a year to attend and I have to spend it amongst Oilers fans. If I lived in the Ottawa region I'd go to as many games as I could.

Why were we last in Attendance amongst Canadian teams last year and get constantly embarrassed by Leafs and Habs fans in our own Building? it's because when the going gets tough the bandwagoners jump off.

There is a big difference between supporting a team in a rebuild with a owner that is committed to winning versus an owner who is only rebuilding to cut costs to the bare minimum. I support the Sens, but I wish the owner would do the same thing. I am still a SSH by the way.

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Feel bad for Neil and Phillips, having to put their names (and reputation) towards that. They deserve better.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ya don't bother it's hopeless, we only support teams when they win. :rolleyes:

Some passionate fans we have :thumbd:
No seriously. Why should I financially support this team? The guy that cratered the team to the bottom of the standings is still running things, we're not committing to franchise level talent and our big offseason move is to grab an albatross of a contract from our biggest rival without compensation. Why should I have faith in what the organization is doing on and off the ice? You said that I NEED to support it. Why?

Reactions: RyCam

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No where did I say you NEED to support anything don't put words in my mouth. You don't want to support them that's fine but don't go parading around loving them when things are going smoothly. Everything goes in circles, to think that this team is going to be bad for a longtime and never be good again is thick headed and short sighted.

When a team is in a rebuild that has lots of young good potential players. It's good for team spirit and morale to have good fan support and set a good atmosphere, these kids are going to come up in the league seeing all the flaky fairweather support and negativity from these so called fans and you think they are going to want to stay? Please! Support the team through thick and thin that's real support and passion from the diehard fans. Don't take it for granted either or may not have a team to support.

Please stop with this nonsense. You know damned well why so many folks aren't supporting the team, and it has nothing to do with a "rebuild."

Reactions: RyCam and Rand0m

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I support the Sens but I’m not going to any games because:

1. I hate Melnyck and don’t want to give him my money
2. The in stadium experience sucks
3. Paying for parking after driving 45 minutes and spending $200 on tickets
4. Leaving the parking is a cluster-doodoo and I can’t donit anymore
5. The Food at the stadium sucks and is super expensive
6. Probably will be a bad hickey game or very poorly played by Ottawa

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
When Dorion hires Boucher there was a worry Boucher would suck the fun out of the game - he did.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We had a top prospect pool before and still wouldn’t spend when it looked like we could take the next step.

What has changed since then is the increased salary cap and Melnyk’s wallet getting skinnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad