All Purpose: Alexandre Texier thread.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
He has the smarts to be really good, you can see the skill level. Excited for his future, just hope Torts gives him minutes. He's certainly better than Wennberg.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
wow.. this is incredible that someone put this together. shift by shift for tex's debut

also, I didn't think coming into tonight that Tex was feisty.. I thought he was the opposite. I was wrong.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Loved it on his first shift when he pushed the Ranger into the boards. Too bad he couldn't bury that pass form Zach. All in all a good debut.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Hope it makes him and all the younger guys in the pipeline hungrier to make it to the big club! Work hard boys!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Glad two regular season games can’t exempt his Calder run for next season :thumbu:

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thought he stood in there well for his first game. Had a good first and then was pretty scarce since. Hopefully we get a bit of a comfortable lead tonight in Ottawa so he can get his feet wet with more minutes.

Reactions: Doggy and Palm Tree

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
also, I didn't think coming into tonight that Tex was feisty.. I thought he was the opposite. I was wrong.

I've seen him play 6 or 7 times and I didn't see it, man if he has even a little bit of a edge, he is 6'1'' and about 200. If he fills out to 210 and uses that size, sign me up.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Here is the all important question: what is the proper way to pronounce his last name?
  • Teex-ee-ay: the guy on the highlight video above speaking in French
  • Tex-ee-ay: Rimer during the broadcast
  • Tesh-ee-ay: Weekes and the other guys on NHL Network
I would have thought Tesh-ee-ay like Weekes but the French video guy has me second guessing myself (he should know...right). On top of that I would have hoped Rimer had asked him directly how to pronounce his name before the game.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I saw he ended up with only around 11 minutes. Torts clearly shortened the bench when the game was tight in the 3rd but he didn't seem out of place in what I saw him play in the first. Hopefully they can get up a couple of goals tonight on Ottawa and let him get some more ice time to help get acclimated.

letsgocaps

Apr 5, 2008
FRANCE
Here is the all important question: what is the proper way to pronounce his last name?
  • Teex-ee-ay: the guy on the highlight video above speaking in French
  • Tex-ee-ay: Rimer during the broadcast
  • Tesh-ee-ay: Weekes and the other guys on NHL Network
I would have thought Tesh-ee-ay like Weekes but the French video guy has me second guessing myself (he should know...right). On top of that I would have hoped Rimer had asked him directly how to pronounce his name before the game.
Yeah like the french guy in the video. I can't hear much difference between that and how they pronounced it during the broadcast though.
Another french pronouncing the name if it helps (old video):
Hope he scores today. Will watch.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Rimer's got it right, it's Tex-ee-ay. If he were Basque, the X would make the "sh" sound, but as far as I know, he's not, so I'm not sure what Weekes et al. were doing. The French X works just like the English one in most cases (Tex has one in his first name, even).

Also, I did not know his team in France was called the Wolf Burners. I thought I was just misunderstanding the announcer because my French is rusty, but nope, they're really called "les Bruleurs du Loups."

Reactions: Viqsi

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

I feel like I could climb Everest after that speech.

giphy.gif

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

“(Texier) has an attitude that he’s not afraid of anything. You can tell right away that he’s not nervous. It depends on the athlete. Some athletes may not be able to handle it. This kid can. You can see already in the couple games he’s played for us.”

Pierre-Luc Dubois, 20, is rooming with Texier on the road. The Blue Jackets center appreciates his new teammate’s sense of humor and taste in music. Both love songs that are sung in French.

“He doesn’t ask too many questions about everything,” Dubois said. “He seems to know the answers. He’s going to have to solve some things by himself, but he’s smart enough and confident enough in his game.”

PerimeterPlier

Mar 8, 2019
Since Texier was drafted I've been occasionally checking on how he was doing, thought it was an interesting pick at the time. It's shocking how well he developed between years 1 and 2 in KalPa, despite the team itself being garbage this year with 18 wins out of 60 games. Excellent production, 41pts on a garbage team is well done when you think that for example Sebastian Aho had 45pts in 45 games on a dominant Kärpät team in 2015-2016. With the pace and direction of his development so far, looks like your scouts managed to dig out an NHL top-6 skilled forward from France, congratulations. It's interesting that on September 2017, recently named KalPa head coach Sami Kapanen (who also owns the team and is of course a former NHL plr) talked about a re-orientation in his team, which would be about, and I translate from a finnish newspaper here, "that the singular goal of the team he owns would be to develop young players to the top international levels of competition", and the story named Texier and Joni Ikonen among the first talents that would be taken into this "program".

Anyway, concerning Tex's development and settling into the team, I was wondering how many players are there in the Jackets who speak French? Dubois, right? Anyone else?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Since Texier was drafted I've been occasionally checking on how he was doing, thought it was an interesting pick at the time. It's shocking how well he developed between years 1 and 2 in KalPa, despite the team itself being garbage this year with 18 wins out of 60 games. Excellent production, 41pts on a garbage team is well done when you think that for example Sebastian Aho had 45pts in 45 games on a dominant Kärpät team in 2015-2016. With the pace and direction of his development so far, looks like your scouts managed to dig out an NHL top-6 skilled forward from France, congratulations. It's interesting that on September 2017, recently named KalPa head coach Sami Kapanen (who also owns the team and is of course a former NHL plr) talked about a re-orientation in his team, which would be about, and I translate from a finnish newspaper here, "that the singular goal of the team he owns would be to develop young players to the top international levels of competition", and the story named Texier and Joni Ikonen among the first talents that would be taken into this "program".

Anyway, concerning Tex's development and settling into the team, I was wondering how many players are there in the Jackets who speak French? Dubois, right? Anyone else?

Savard for sure. That'd just be the ones who speak it natively. I don't know but perhaps one or two other other guys speaks as well?

Reactions: PerimeterPlier

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
IF Tex is for real it could solve the impending LW problem. Tex-Duchene-Cam would be a potent 1st line. Followed by Dzingel-PLD-Anderson. Jenner-Bemstrom-Bjorkstrand. May be too much to expect, or even hope for, for next season but that top 9 could be solid for years to come.
This tees up a question. Is Texier's future at LW or center?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
IF Tex is for real it could solve the impending LW problem. Tex-Duchene-Cam would be a potent 1st line. Followed by Dzingel-PLD-Anderson. Jenner-Bemstrom-Bjorkstrand. May be too much to expect, or even hope for, for next season but that top 9 could be solid for years to come.

Not sure if I'd want to put both Bjorkstrand and Bemstrom together with Jenner, but I think we'll be alright on the wings as long as the top prospects continue to progress

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This tees up a question. Is Texier's future at LW or center?

If we sign Duchene then I think he's a LW although Duchene can play the left side as well.

Either way with the guys mentioned in my original post it strongly suggests that dumping Wennberg for a pick or a prospect makes sense. Nash can play 4th line C for the next two years. Foligno can play anywhere. Losing Wenny's $4.9mm per could be a big deal in a year or two cap wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad