All Purpose: Alexandre Texier thread.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
the PK will be absolutely fine. it was stellar even while Wennberg wasn't apart of the lineup. if anything Tex could add his speed to the PK... from what I saw, his most underrated asset seems to be his speed.. obviously a heck of a shot too.
It seems they really like his 2 way game. I'm sure they'd never put him in this position if they didn't think he could play defense well enough at this stage. I don't believe they'll use him on the PK but I think the only reason he is getting a sniff of the NHL right now is that they think he is defensively responsible enough at 5v5 to hold his own and not be a liability.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Here's real NHL pressure son. School is in session.

Actually, have fun out there, it's hockey and you love it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
IF Tex is for real it could solve the impending LW problem. Tex-Duchene-Cam would be a potent 1st line. Followed by Dzingel-PLD-Anderson. Jenner-Bemstrom-Bjorkstrand. May be too much to expect, or even hope for, for next season but that top 9 could be solid for years to come.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm hoping Tex will be a good NHL player but this seems like an odd time to make his debut. (Maybe I'm having Gabe Carlsson playoff debut flashbacks). We need these two games and it strikes me we have the better roster - even with Nash or Wennberg. Now this may work, but if defensive breakdowns occur, Torts staples him to the bench and cranks up the line blender with 11 forwards. Or if he's on with Bjork and Jenner, their TOI goes to single digits, six game goal streak be damned.

My reservations aren't an indictment of Tex as he's a potentially exciting player; rather I see tonight's debut as an unnecessary - maybe unwise - risk....And with all that said, Tex probably has a goal and assist tonight and says "stuff it, Moe". :laugh:

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'm assuming he will get limited minutes. Could be dead wrong but just assuming he will get a taste but not anything significant.

Maybe if we clinch this game then and locked in our spot that he would get additional time in game #82.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Surprised that he was called up this early, but certainly not complaining. Hopefully, Texier plays well. But, I'm excited to see him. Would have preferred his 1st NHL game be at home, so I could witness it, but oh well.

I'm selfishly hoping he doesn't dress... So, I can try to get a Alexandre Texier #42 GI jersey from Meigray. Certainly could see him changing numbers in the next season or two at the NHL level.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
IF Tex is for real...... Tex-Duchene-Cam would be a potent 1st line. Followed by Dzingel-PLD-Anderson. Jenner-Bemstrom-Bjorkstrand. ........ that top 9 could be solid for years to come.

Not having 17 + 71 in that list = $11 mill of salary going down a hole.

Oh.....I can solve that.......John Davidson + 71 +17 = Chris Kreider.
That doesn't work for ya? OK......JD + 17 +71 + 20 = Namestnikov

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Players, when given the chance, need to step up and seize the opportunity for more playing time. Wennberg has more than had his chances. Let’s see what Tex can do. If he has the talent, and Jarmo thinks he does, he will make the most of this opportunity. Go get em, Tex

Reactions: Doggy and Palm Tree

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Players, when given the chance, need to step up and seize the opportunity for more playing time. Wennberg has more than had his chances. Let’s see what Tex can do. If he has the talent, and Jarmo thinks he does, he will make the most of this opportunity. Go get em, Tex

:nod:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Foligno only has 2 years left on his deal. He's a great 4th liner who can play up. Especially if Dzingel doesn't pan out. Or he can play 2nd line & Dzingel moves down. In two years he either re-signs for less money and for 2- 3 years or we trade him.

Dubi is most likely bought out after this year.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
nah, I was thinking 'KEspen'
Ahhh must be in honor of.my all time favorite Buckeye hockey star Ryan KEspen

Oh.....I can solve that.......John Davidson + 71 +17 = Chris Kreider.
That doesn't work for ya? OK......JD + 17 +71 + 20 = Namestnikov
If you dont think we get our moneys worth back for Foligno not only for his on ice play but off ice contribution your crazy. Dubi is very similar but to a slightly less degree and I at least understand wanting his buyout. Fligs not only should be in our lineup nightly but should be resigned and stay until retirement then come back and start his coaching career here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad