All Purpose: Alexandre Texier thread.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Tex has been officially called up to the main roster! It's happening! He has absolutely tore up NA ice since coming to the states. Lets chat about it :)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We'll see what happens, probably don't play him if we haven't clinched. Haven't payed attention to see what the injury situation looks like. Might have a player questionable for Friday.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Is he the French connection to the playoffs? Probably not but I see him getting in a game, especially as we have the Sens coming up

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
But why. Why hurt Cleveland? He shouldn't play over any of our skill guys unless they're injured, and burying him on the 4th line doesn't help him. If there's an injury, fair enough, but I don't see the point in doing this right now.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

I don't understand how you can be upset with this. sure; it's only been less than 10 games of NA ice experience, but the kid has deserved a call up to say the least. what if he contributes instantly in a positive way? you still gonna be sighing? a constant theme on this board.. pre-determining a negative outcome before something even has the chance to unfold... give the kid a chance, geez.

I sure hope he has 3-4+ points over these next two games, and thrives (if we make it) in the playoffs so I can look back at your post and laugh at your "sigh".

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't understand how you can be upset with this. sure; it's only been less than 10 games of NA ice experience, but the kid has deserved a call up to say the least. what if he contributes instantly in a positive way? you still gonna be sighing? a constant theme on this board.. pre-determining a negative outcome before something even has the chance to unfold... give the kid a chance, geez.

I sure hope he has 3-4+ points over these next two games, and thrives (if we make it) in the playoffs so I can look back at your post and laugh at your "sigh".

I hope you're right too.

But

The kid has less than 10 games of NA experience. How well did this work out with Gabe Carlsson? Yes, he has produced well down there, and he should continue to do so for Cleveland who is ALSO in a playoff chase. He hasn't earned this opportunity to be with the team for this run. If Cleveland was out of it, then whatever, he can come up and experience the playoff run, but this isn't exactly a good time to break in a new face to the lineup. If he contributes positively, then great. However, he still hasn't earned this opportunity.

Again, like I said, if there is an injury to a top 6 guy or if Foligno can't go due to the family matter, then fair enough we need more skill in there. But if they're playing him to throw him on a line with Dubinsky and Nash as a "get your feet wet, kid!" then this makes no sense.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I hope you're right too.

But

The kid has less than 10 games of NA experience. How well did this work out with Gabe Carlsson? Yes, he has produced well down there, and he should continue to do so for Cleveland who is ALSO in a playoff chase. He hasn't earned this opportunity to be with the team for this run. If Cleveland was out of it, then whatever, he can come up and experience the playoff run, but this isn't exactly a good time to break in a new face to the lineup. If he contributes positively, then great. However, he still hasn't earned this opportunity.

Again, like I said, if there is an injury to a top 6 guy or if Foligno can't go due to the family matter, then fair enough we need more skill in there. But if they're playing him to throw him on a line with Dubinsky and Nash as a "get your feet wet, kid!" then this makes no sense.

for some reason I have a hunch that Wennberg will be scratched and tex will slot into the LW role next to Boone and Bjorky.

I'm 99 percent positive he isn't going to be on the fourth line

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have to admit I find the idea of adding Tex to the Boone-Bjorkstrand line to b very intriguing.

[MOD - rest of post moved to appropriate thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If the kid has talent and Jarmo thinks he can contribute then let him play. The Good Lord knows that this team has trouble scoring goals. He seems to have gotten the hang of NA style hockey pretty quickly. Read where he may start tomorrow with Boone playing center. Wishing him all the best.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
At the end of the day, quality is quality. It's dumb to bicker about if he "earned it" or "deserves it", I know plenty of guys on the main roster who have been given too long of a leash, god forbid this team tries someone too early with a serious chance of working out.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
That PK will take a huge hit if Wennberg is out.

the PK will be absolutely fine. it was stellar even while Wennberg wasn't apart of the lineup. if anything Tex could add his speed to the PK... from what I saw, his most underrated asset seems to be his speed.. obviously a heck of a shot too.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad