All purpose Alex Galchenyuk talk

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
What's weird to me is.. his play looked better individually with JT and willy.. he actually hasn't even been playing to that level that he was on the 2nd line (probably still trying to figure out where Mats and Marner like to go) but he has made a bigger impact with how Mitch and Marner are playing.. they both looked more fired up and dangerous for some reason?
Maybe just Gallys presence next to them has given them more confidence?

But if they're playing like this now when I think there's still another gear in Gally (IMO) I'd love to see it when Gally adjusts.

Again... Let's remember this is Ottawa though. So that could be a factor.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
The skating is still there. His role has changed to the forechecker grinder on a Top 2 Line. I hope we can get him resigned. He has not shown enough to have a big salary increase.

Reactions: bobbygore

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
We can’t afford to re-sign him. Hell be on another team next year unless he signs for a milly. we’ll have to use him while we can
Given the way he has bounced around he would be wise to take another 1 year 1 million deal with a place where he has had successs to try and build some stability.
Hasn’t done enough to justify more then a million. He is playing well but still only scored a goal.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Galchenyuk looks f***ing rejuvenated and I’m here for it. So nice.
Galy has been playing like a very good #3 pick
he was bloody awesome tonight,,2A +3 and 2 huge non assist plays
he looks even better with M/M

can we call them the MGM line?

Folks,,,,,,,,,, we finally did it,,,,,,,,,,we stole a stud player from the ether

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What's weird to me is.. his play looked better individually with JT and willy.. he actually hasn't even been playing to that level that he was on the 2nd line (probably still trying to figure out where Mats and Marner like to go) but he has made a bigger impact with how Mitch and Marner are playing.. they both looked more fired up and dangerous for some reason?
Maybe just Gallys presence next to them has given them more confidence?

But if they're playing like this now when I think there's still another gear in Gally (IMO) I'd love to see it when Gally adjusts.

Again... Let's remember this is Ottawa though. So that could be a factor.
can only measure what is shown,,don't prejudge tomorrow

so far,,,,, the kid is playing stud hockey and none of this is puck luck/fluke stuff

oh and i don't care that it's OTT,,they always play us crazy crazy hard

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not enough can be said about Galchenyuk man. This guy is so f***ing good. He just need some talent to play with that also lets him handle the puck.

As good as Sidney Crosby and Malkin are, I can see why Galchenyuk didn't mesh with them. Those guys like finishers like Kessel and James Neal etc on their line or a puck hound who goes and gets them the puck like Hyman (or current Leafs Galchenyuk lol) but Galchenyuk didn't play that kind of role for them so it didn't work out.

Reactions: Lilou

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The skating is still there. His role has changed to the forechecker grinder on a Top 2 Line. I hope we can get him resigned. He has not shown enough to have a big salary increase.
they,,,,,,,,, will real him in,,,,,,,,,,,i 100% guarantee that

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It depends on how much mother GMs view his time with the Leafs vs previous games.

I won't be surprised if he comes back on a one year cheap deal

I think he definitely will come back. Players like certainty and being wanted. He may get a bigger role with another team but what if that doesn't work out and he's on the block again? He's likely done with moving from team to team.

Think we can get him cheap for another year or two.

Reactions: Sypher04

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Galy has been playing like a very good #3 pick
he was bloody awesome tonight,,2A +3 and 2 huge non assist plays
he looks even better with M/M

can we call them the MGM line?

Folks,,,,,,,,,, we finally did it,,,,,,,,,,we stole a stud player from the ether

Definitely has an unofficial assist on that second matthews goal.

gally to rielly to marner to matthews....what a goal.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Talk about found money. The skill that made him a top pick and 30 goal scorer is still very much there. Maybe the lack of expectations has made it easier for him to just go out there and play his game. I think it helps that he has a clear role in the lineup and isnt getting hemmed on the 4th line with 8 minutes a night, props to keefe for giving him his shot. Now run with it.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think he definitely will come back. Players like certainty and being wanted. He may get a bigger role with another team but what if that doesn't work out and he's on the block again? He's likely done with moving from team to team.

Think we can get him cheap for another year or two.

Agreed. Spend some more time here in Toronto, play with great players, on a contender, and rehab his image in the league. I'll be shocked if he demands too much and walks

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He may disappear in the playoffs. So I'm not as high on him as most yet

I don't know what happened to him in Arizona, Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Ottawa but when he was in Montreal he was not really the kind of guy to disappear in playoffs. Not the best playoffs performer around but not the worse either. His main problem in Montreal was his lack of commitment defensively and the fact he was not a center. He was an okay top 6 winger here for the most part.

Reactions: Lumberg

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Agreed. Spend some more time here in Toronto, play with great players, on a contender, and rehab his image in the league. I'll be shocked if he demands too much and walks
they ain't about to hit a home run with a reclamation project and let it walk out the door

he seems pretty humble and grateful to get this shot here,,i think we see some pay backs for that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad