GDT: All Playoff Talk Thread!!

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The keys to the Rangers getting back in this series:

1. Stop taking an early 2-0 lead. Trust that once the Kings score on Lundqvist, they can get that lead back.

2. Use that team speed of theirs to their advantage. They are faster than the Kings, but LA is doing everything short of the neutral zone trap to keep them from using it. Skate hard into the attacking zone and force DD and company to make mistakes trying to defend from behind.

3. Remember what a wise man said 10 years ago: "Good teams overcome bad officiating." The result of that mantra was a Calder Cup championship.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
I either want the Rangers to win the next four or the Kings to win it in seven. All I really want is a six or seven game series ended with the cup being raised on home ice. This is the first time in probably a decade where I can honestly say I will be happy with whoever wins.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I don't particularly care who wins, each has their pluses and minuses. So overall this is pretty enjoyable.

I really would like to see Klein win, though I'm not a fan of Nash or Lundqvist at all.

I like Brown, Kopitar and Quick, yet I can't stand Jeff Carter and I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about how perfect Doughty is.

I just want it to go 6 or 7 games.....with Klein scoring the game winner!!

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't particularly care who wins, each has their pluses and minuses. So overall this is pretty enjoyable.

I really would like to see Klein win, though I'm not a fan of Nash or Lundqvist at all.

I like Brown, Kopitar and Quick, yet I can't stand Jeff Carter and I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about how perfect Doughty is.

I just want it to go 6 or 7 games.....with Klein scoring the game winner!!

The talk of Doughty is getting really annoying, we get it he is an amazing defensemen! Put it to rest already, and sit back and watch like we do with Patty Kane..

Just imagine if Subban AND Doughty we're in the finals. Good lord, it'd be like the NBA with talking about Lebron 85% of the time and the ACTUAL game 15%.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Jeff carter has not only one of the better shots in the league but as well as one of the calmest demeanors in the game. there aren't many more clutch players than Jeff carter. Honestly probably my favorite player in the game right now style wise, since his philly days.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That first OT was one of the best periods of hockey you will ever see- what a game, what a series.

Win or lose, you gotta hand it to the NYR- they are totally outclassed but have played their tails off- they easily could be up 3-1 and going for the Cup instead of being down 3-1

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That has to be one of the best series ever that only went 5 games..

Has to sting a little if you are a NYR fan- THREE OT losses- they easily could be celebrating right now......

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Certainly on a moment by moment basis, the Rangers can say they had more than their fair share of domination. New found love and respect for Strahlman (UFA... gonna make some bucks!) and Zuccarello has a heart bigger than his body. Lundqvist was spectacular, but you know... this Kings team epitomizes what the sport is all about. Heavy play, force hard decisions by the opposition, and all around support for their teammates in every area of the ice.

Love my Kings ... season seats from 1976 through 2012 (with 10 years off in the middle, when I was in NY.)

Love the thought that although I stepped back into a dark time by becoming a Preds season seat holder, I know that the reward at the end of the tunnel is stunning, and tear-inducing.

See ya in October... in my Preds jersey, and hoping for constant improvement.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Season's not over until the awards are all handed out.

THEN the season's over. Just in time for the draft.

And then Rookie orientation camps.

Then Free Agency.

Then the schedule comes out.

Then training camp opens.

Then pre-season starts!

Then comes opening night...

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Before this series started I told several folks the Kings relentless attack would shred the Rangers, but I really wanted NY to pull it off in spite of what my head told me. They played with a ton of heart, but in the end my head was right.
I do hate that the officiating was a factor in several pivotal moments-- I had much rather the players and the coaches control how the games turn out. Still, one way or another, I think it was a matter of how many games the series would go. And fans got to watch some incredible action, cannot deny that.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
This series, while short, should be a classic. What an absolutely fantastic viewing experience for NHL fans.

If LA can keep their core together, I don't see anyone beating them in the West besides Chicago for the next 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad