All Ovechkin Talk (Part II): 50 Goals for #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Yeah you are right about that perception change. Can you believe it was only earlier THIS SEASON that Glenn Healy was bringing Ovechkin's mother into his coachkiller Ovi bash?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...s-alex-ovechkin-and-his-mother-173731507.html

Yeah, considering it was Glen Healy I can totally believe that.

Ovechkin's mother has a lot of impressive qualifications. To dismiss her out of had because of relationshap is ridiculous.Gordie Howe's wife was his agent....I don't really understand what people are thinking when they disparage Ovi's mom.

Last edited:

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Since the last lockout Ovechkin's scored 120 goals. No other player has scored 90. That's just insane.

One of my favorite Ovy stats is when he was flirting with 50 in any 50. Someone put a graphic together showing how long it was taking the best current goal scorers to get to 50 and the closest was Stamkos and it was taking him at least another 25 games.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
:shakehead
I don't see any other player with the impact that ovie have, he delivers in every aspect. Sid really isn't even close.

Looks like we got a bad case of "what have you done for me latelys" over here

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Crosby is an interesting case this season. Obviously i'm propably the worst person to say anything about him this season as i've only seen him 3 times (all against Caps) but he seems so much easier to contain. I don't know if it's the suffocating team defense he's playing against or something about Crosby himself.

The skill set is still there though. You could just see that in that last game where he protected the puck to perfection and drew the penalty on Niskanen.

No one arguing he isn't still the greatest player in the world behind the net. Watching him fends off guys bigger than him like they are chumps is a damn joy, but every other asset of his game is lacking this year. Not sure what happened to him, but he's not making smart plays anymore. I'm tired of watching him use his incredible skating ability to get to soft areas with the puck, then pass it into 3 guys.

This is a small sample size in retrospect to his career (especially since he was the best player for the first 20 or so games this year as well), so I'm not worrying too much, but right now his game is leaving much to be desired for us Pens fans.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Since the last lockout Ovechkin's scored 120 goals. No other player has scored 90. That's just insane.

He's past his prime, regressing, not a good captain, a defensive nightmare. Trade him for pucks asap.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
:shakehead
I don't see any other player with the impact that ovie have, he delivers in every aspect. Sid really isn't even close.

Yeah your right. Ovechkin has 1 more point than crosby currently and last season was 25 points behind. Yup ovechkin is for sure better

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Yeah your right. Ovechkin has 1 more point than crosby currently and last season was 25 points behind. Yup ovechkin is for sure better

He is better this season, I'm not sure if you've been watching games.
I think that's basically the general consensus, that Ovechkin is playing realgud hockey again, in a proper system while being defensively responsible...
While at the same time, Crosby has struggled since the first 25 games or so.

Nobody knows what exactly is up with Crosby, but he's definitely not as good or consistent as he's been in the past years.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Still to say crosby is not even close is dumb

This season, it honestly is not that close. Crosby was amazing for the first 12 or so games. After that, he has been on the down low. Ovechkin is currently playing on a level beyond Crosby.

All this said, Crosby is still the best player on planet. I would take him over any other guy. But he has to step up his game. The way he has been playing does not warrant the title. But as of now, he gets the benefit of a doubt in my books. His track record is so strong.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Still to say crosby is not even close is dumb

no it's not cause he isn't. Ovie is flying solo on that lvl, he might lose hes game or someone else could step up, crosby...? But for now and so far he has been a treat to watch and dominant on the ice regardless the competition.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Best player in the league

-Score goals from everywhere
-Insane playmaking ability
-Hits HARD
-Selke calibur defense
-Leads his team like a true captain

The only thing Crosby has over him is secondary assists

This is too good to be true.

SoulCaliburV.jpg

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This season, it honestly is not that close. Crosby was amazing for the first 12 or so games. After that, he has been on the down low. Ovechkin is currently playing on a level beyond Crosby.

All this said, Crosby is still the best player on planet. I would take him over any other guy. But he has to step up his game. The way he has been playing does not warrant the title. But as of now, he gets the benefit of a doubt in my books. His track record is so strong.

And there religion kicks in. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad