OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The projected starting five for the Lakers as it stands is now:

Lebron (announced he will start at Point), Green, Kuzman, AD, Cousins/McGee

That is a humongous....but slow lineup. Plenty of shooting and plenty of passing options. And yes, Lebron and AD will work extremely well. Thats pick and roll all day.

However, as for @vendetta point.....for arguments sake lets remove Lebron and AD from that Lakers 5

Curry, Thompson, Green, Kuzma, Cousins/McGee. That is an extremely fast lineup, TONS of shooting, but undersized.

At this point in Lebron's career, the gap isnt as big as stated. Curry and Thompson are better offensively (3s > 2s), but Lebron and AD are better defensively and at rebounding. Even though Lebron does not play defense as much or as well, he is still better than Curry in that department. No, it's not a big gap anymore. Historically sure. Not this season.

And lets go ahead and address it here. Lakers also picked up Avery Bradley (Damn you Mark Cuban for not jumping all over this guy). Fabulous defender and can knock down the 3.

A closing lineup of Lebron, Bradley, Green, Kuzma, and AD is going to be tough.
I think people are missing on Lebron. I don’t think he’s slowed down as much as people think. He will be rejuvenated this year and is still the best playmaker in the league. These guys are gonna have a lot of free looks

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think people are missing on Lebron. I don’t think he’s slowed down as much as people think. He will be rejuvenated this year and is still the best playmaker in the league. These guys are gonna have a lot of free looks

You are right. He had 28 8 and 8.

However, he also is coming off his first major injury (at 34), is going on 35, and is in his 17th season.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You are right. He had 28 8 and 8.

However, he also is coming off his first major injury (at 34), is going on 35, and is in his 17th season.
Yes but was on an aweful team for the first time. I wanna see him with ad befor even consider him declining in any meaningful way. With ad and the other added pieces who have had success and how good he is distributing, scoring and even playing d(blocking’s rebounding) when engaged and motivated I still think he’s the best player in the league. His physical attributes are unmatched

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yes but was on an aweful team for the first time. I wanna see him with ad befor even consider him declining in any meaningful way. With ad and the other added pieces who have had success and how good he is distributing, scoring and even playing d(blocking’s rebounding) when engaged and motivated I still think he’s the best player in the league. His physical attributes are unmatched

Wait. He was?

The same team that was 4th before he got hurt? and the same team that couldn't beat bottom 5 teams WITH him in the lineup to make a playoff spot?

He deserves culpability too. Yes, that team was assembled strangely. .but they were still 4th in December.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Wait. He was?

The same team that was 4th before he got hurt? and the same team that couldn't beat bottom 5 teams WITH him in the lineup to make a playoff spot?

He deserves culpability too. Yes, that team was assembled strangely. .but they were still 4th in December.
They were 100% fine until LeBron and his crew started publicly pining over AD, and then the news came out how they were willing to gut the roster to get AD.

LeBron alienated his team with his own antics.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
One posion contract for another, miracle OKC got a couple 1sts as well. Harden must really have had an issue with Paul. Westbrook wont be any easier.

At least Westbrooks contract runs out when he is 34 vs Chris Paul who is currently 34.

Personality wise, I dont see it as an issue. They worked well in Oklahoma and are friends off the court. They will be fine. My issue is the D'Antoni. He is as one dimensional coach as they come. Shoot 3s, Iso, Shoot 3's.

Westbrook only does one of those things well. He will have plenty of court to ISO with all the shooters they have, but thats it. If they had a better coach, I'd believe in this mood more. However, I still believe in the move now.

CP3 is one of those players that grates on you over time. His tract record speaks for itself. New Orleans, LA, now Houston. Common denominator is CP. He sees himself as Hornet CP. He acts like Hornet CP. he is years upon years upon years removed from that.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
At least Westbrooks contract runs out when he is 34 vs Chris Paul who is currently 34.

Personality wise, I dont see it as an issue. They worked well in Oklahoma and are friends off the court. They will be fine. My issue is the D'Antoni. He is as one dimensional coach as they come. Shoot 3s, Iso, Shoot 3's.

Westbrook only does one of those things well. He will have plenty of court to ISO with all the shooters they have, but thats it. If they had a better coach, I'd believe in this mood more. However, I still believe in the move now.

CP3 is one of those players that grates on you over time. His tract record speaks for itself. New Orleans, LA, now Houston. Common denominator is CP. He sees himself as Hornet CP. He acts like Hornet CP. he is years upon years upon years removed from that.

CP is a punk too. I always thought he was a cancer.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Read a report of 4 possible landing spots for CP.

One was MIA
Dragic + KO/JJ for CP + one of their 15 1sts (OKC owns two of MIA 1sts in Dragic deal that brought him over) was the hypothetical offer.

Dont know how/if he fits there though.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I'm ready for the season. Rockies suck, not sure how the Niners will be. But I have plenty of hope for the Cats! That is until we lose the first 2 games against Tampa to open the season. Haha

-ghoste

Going to be a tough fight with the Rams and Hawks.
I think they go 6-10 at worst but feel they can go 9-7 or 10-6 if all goes right. What about you?
You more worried about the offense or defense? Or both?

Reactions: Ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Going to be a tough fight with the Rams and Hawks.
I think they go 6-10 at worst but feel they can go 9-7 or 10-6 if all goes right. What about you?
You more worried about the offense or defense? Or both?
I would love 10-6 or better. Worried about both sides of the football but really I just hope they stay healthy. Would help greatly if Ford, Bosa, and Defo can get to the QB.

-ghoste

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
How about those Chieeeeeeeefs?!

Very hyped for this football season. I smell a Superbowl for my boys.

In fact all my sports teams right now are in their Prime , other than the Jays who are not that far off I figure. The window is just opening.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
How about those Chieeeeeeeefs?!

Very hyped for this football season. I smell a Superbowl for my boys.

In fact all my sports teams right now are in their Prime , other than the Jays who are not that far off I figure. The window is just opening.
I have questions about their D, still favorites in the AFC West though LAC should give them a good run.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Man, if Miami had any experience on the OLine, last nights game would not have been close. Looks like they have a good one in Williams.
They gave up ten sacks, fumbled a punt in the red zone and missed a chip shot field goal and only lost by 4. Not bad for an unranked program. The defense and Deejay Dallas looked good. Pretty much a rinse and repeat of last season. Williams had a tough first opponent but the experience should help him. He was a bit gun shy in the second half.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
They gave up ten sacks, fumbled a punt in the red zone and missed a chip shot field goal and only lost by 4. Not bad for an unranked program. The defense and Deejay Dallas looked good. Pretty much a rinse and repeat of last season. Williams had a tough first opponent but the experience should help him. He was a bit gun shy in the second half.

Who knows what happens if they make that kick, cause they would have been up 6. Good experience regardless. I don’t know why they got away from rolling him out the picket, cause it’s seemed to work. They should be a top 20 team by seasons end, and get wrecked by Clemson in the ACC championship.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Who knows what happens if they make that kick, cause they would have been up 6. Good experience regardless. I don’t know why they got away from rolling him out the picket, cause it’s seemed to work. They should be a top 20 team by seasons end, and get wrecked by Clemson in the ACC championship.
Sounds good. If that oline doesn’t get it together this season, it could be up and down. I hope they win their division and play in the ACC Championship.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would love 10-6 or better. Worried about both sides of the football but really I just hope they stay healthy. Would help greatly if Ford, Bosa, and Defo can get to the QB.

-ghoste

I know it's pre-season but we've done well so far.
You see Mitch's big hit on the return guy last night? :laugh: He's hitting 60+ yard punts as well.
He's gonna be an interesting element for our kicking game.
Gould has been pretty solid as well.

JG looked a lot better last night but Mullens is quickly becoming a great depth option. Trade CJ before Mullens imo, maybe to the Colts now as depth/Luck retiring.
Wonder if Shanny will use Mullens here and there for "fun" option plays or late in games to rest JG?

Mullens and Breida have become two of my fave players over the last two years.
Deebo and Hurd will get better and more consistent plays as the season progresses.
Hoping they don't rush Bosa back but it'd be nice to see him once before the season starts.

Reactions: Ghoste

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This reminds me of how I felt when Ricky Williams retired right before the season. I feel for their fans. All their season hopes just smashed. I wish the player well. Constant pain isn’t easy to live with.

Ricky retired due in part to failing a drug test wasnt it? He was tested positive for marijuana, then he retired for his zen trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad