OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Honestly, If I'm Ujiri I would have accepted the trade

PG and Kawhi is like a Jordan Pippen combo. That's incredible

Accept the the trade, then worry about trading Westbrook after.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
9eeo2wgsovzgf02flssfuut6v.gif

I can't see anyone else doing it.

They dont have the cap space, or assets IMO, unless its a straight filler plus 1st rounders, but that would kill their rebuild.

On second thought, do it, lol.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Honestly, If I'm Ujiri I would have accepted the trade

PG and Kawhi is like a Jordan Pippen combo. That's incredible

Accept the the trade, then worry about trading Westbrook after.
Westbrook makes 47 million next year, lol. And he would not mix with what Kawhi and PG would need, too much of a ball hog, too concerned with his own personal stats.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Sounds like Heat, Spurs, Wolves
Jimmy Butler and Westbrook would be a fire waiting to happen, dont think Riley would do it.

The exact reason they finally got rid of Whiteside.

Dont see a match with Pop either. So unless its Wiggins ++ for Westbrook, meh, I think OKC is stuck with him.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That's why you acquire then trade

Sounds like it wouldnt have mattered anyway
OKC wont be able to move him otherwise, they leveraged the Raps nothing more.

Asked Siakam VanVleet and 4 1sts. For both, they got a way better deal from LAC for just PG. Raptors were smart to pass. Meanwhile we enter next years offseason with almost 90 million, and that doesnt count the assets we return for Lowry, Ibaka, and Gasol. We will quickly reload, Ujiri is one of the best in the business.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Jimmy Butler and Westbrook would be a fire waiting to happen, dont think Riley would do it.

The exact reason they finally got rid of Whiteside.

Dont see a match with Pop either. So unless its Wiggins ++ for Westbrook, meh, I think OKC is stuck with him.

Honestly, part of the problem of OKC is that their coach sucks. He didnt do anything to "coach" him so Westbrook just free lanced.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Honestly, part of the problem of OKC is that their coach sucks. He didnt do anything to "coach" him so Westbrook just free lanced.
They will never change him while he is in OKC, he would need to humble himself and change his game to fit a team system.

And dont forget the crippling 30 million a season for Adams, lol, terrible terrible contracts, once Harden left then KD, they got desperate, and it continues to backfire.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I can't see Riley offering the required package for RW . See him buying low possibly on a Wall-Beal trade .

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don’t matter Bron and AD gonna run wild. Kawhi is good but George isn’t on same level
We just saw a defensive team win the championship over a much deeper offensive squad than the Lakers will have next season.

The Clippers are maybe the best defensive team in the league next season. Frankly I thought the stars of the league were done playing second fiddle to LeBron. His drama queen act is old and beaten to death.

I would take the Clips over the Lakers in a 7 game series right now, hands down.

And you are greatly underestimating PG, fantastic offensive player and one of the best defensive wings in the league. Rivals Kawhi, and makes it an absolute nightmare for matching up with them.

LeBron and Lakers will not be able to defend or score at will versus the Clippers, you literally just saw it happen to the Dubs, and now the Clips have two Kawhi's, lol.

Love Danny Green but him and AD cannot defend all 5 offensive players alone. LeBron just keeps putting together the same type of teams. What he needs is a 10 year younger version of himself, that still TRIES to defend. Who will help him? Rondo, Cousins? Kuzma? JARED DUDLEY!! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Warriors we saw in the Finals were not deeper than the Lakers now. The injuries decimated them.

The Lakers will also be getting a better Cousins and they did get Danny Green.

However @vendetta, I need to see Lebron give a shit on the defensive end for me to even consider them.

The Clippers have arguably 3 1st team all defensive players in their starting lineup. Their team looks like the 96 Bulls (a discount version of it).

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Warriors we saw in the Finals were not deeper than the Lakers now. The injuries decimated them.

However @vendetta, I need to see Lebron give a **** on the defensive end for me to even consider them.

The Clippers have arguably 3 1st team all defensive players in their starting lineup. Their team looks like the 96 Bulls (a discount version of it).
He gives a shit every playoffs and dominates. Until he doesn’t then I will never bet against him with another top 6 player by his side

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

However @vendetta, I need to see Lebron give a **** on the defensive end for me to even consider them.

there is no way to guard Lebrun or ad. Kenton too good a distributor. He needs only decent shooting talent around him. Add AD and it’s a nightmare even for the clip. Also lakers are huge. Size matters

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
there is no way to guard Lebrun or ad. Kenton too good a distributor. He needs only decent shooting talent around him. Add AD and it’s a nightmare even for the clip. Also lakers are huge. Size matters

In today's NBA, not as much as you think.

I'm guessing they will close with either

Rondo, Green, Lebron, AD/Kuzma, Cousins/AD.

The Clips arent that small in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad