Bruins Classics GDT ALL NESN classic games

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great game from 2008 and of course a superior picture to what we get now 12 years later.

After I watched the 74 game cheap shots at Bobby non stop and his teammates looked confused. All low knee on knee stuff. Only had 1 more year left really after that.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I forgot all this happened in the same game. Krejci's hat trick, a great Thornton fight, Sturm wrecking his knee, and the Jimmy Fund kids. The one that's on now didn't make it.

Yup, wish I'd known that before googling her. :cry: I have no idea why I did - I guess I was just curious how old she'd be now, and if she'd get a chuckle out of seeing herself on a rare rerun. Sadly, she passed away just about a month later. Hopefully her family can look back fondly on this great game as one of the many amazing times she had in life.

Reactions: BMC

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
1991 All Star game a good watch.

But man what a tool Milbury was putting Nilan in the all star game. He couldn’t play and was hurt but that is disgraceful.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Looks like Chara is doing a twitter take over on tonight's game. Good move by the Bruins they had pretty good success with the 2011 team. Hopefully they start moving through so the current team each gets games that highlight them to go along with twitter take overs.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Looks like Chara is doing a twitter take over on tonight's game. Good move by the Bruins they had pretty good success with the 2011 team. Hopefully they start moving through so the current team each gets games that highlight them to go along with twitter take overs.

I’d like to see nightly 2013 and 2019 runs so what we lost the last game both years still included 2 fun months of warm weather hockey.

This stupid ass calendar year/non existent spring has been too cold for a playoff run lol.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’d like to see nightly 2013 and 2019 runs so what we lost the last game both years still included 2 fun months of warm weather hockey.

This stupid ass calendar year/non existent spring has been too cold for a playoff run lol.

I agree, but there's a huge bias on NESN for showing only victories. Well, victories and the 2011 playoff run, which ultimately ended in a victory.

I get it - we want to see the good. But honestly, the teams of 2012-2013 and 2018-2019 deserve love. Yes, 2010-2011 is irreplaceable, but we've done that. But there's some amazing stuff in those games. I'll admit, I sometimes have the memory of a goldfish, and I had to look up whether we won the game where Campbell broke his leg. We did win, but even if we hadn't won, it would have still been an AMAZING game, and one that turned the course of the series.

I'll admit, the one game I'm actually not eager to see is 2019's SCF Game 7. I didn't think that effort was up to par. But y'know what, I don't mind picking at scabs, and I'd probably watch it. I didn't really quite feel that way about 2013 - disappointed with the result, but not with the effort.

But admittedly, those games could be MUCH harder for the players to watch. They're much closer to it than any of us fans are.

I do like the twitter takeovers. It's finally gotten people to stop complaining about the crawl!

Oh, and pro-tip: they have the 2019-2020 victories at 7 AM. You can also get them online, or if you have a Fire stick, you can download the NHL app and watch them that way, with intermissions and probably commercials - haven't gotten that desperate yet.

Reactions: BMC and BigGoalBrad

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
come on nesn.
show some playoff games from 1998 and 1999.
my first years with the 10 game plan.

i would love to see that tim taylor toe in crease game again. even tho we lose.

I've never actually seen the Tim Taylor game and have never been able to find it on youtube.

I was 11 at the time and I remember the Bruins going down 3-1 but charging back to almost force it to 7, but Dafoe gave up a long slapper to that f***in' titf***er Bellows in OT

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I've never actually seen the Tim Taylor game and have never been able to find it on youtube.

I was 11 at the time and I remember the Bruins going down 3-1 but charging back to almost force it to 7, but Dafoe gave up a long slapper to that f***in' titf***er Bellows in OT
yeah ive been searching youtube for it but cant find anything. Theres a youtuber serg72 that might have it. hes been uploading a bunch of stuff lately.

Reactions: McGarnagle

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I was watching the cup finals between Calgary and Montreal back in 1989.
I could not believe how much hooking and holding and tripping was allowed back then ( had forgotten).
I was surprised that any team could score a goal!
That Flames team was loaded on dee with Ramage, McCrimmon, MacInnis , Dana Murzyn, Macoun and Suter.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Mindblowing that Patrice Bergeron (third line right wing!) got his first NHL point in a game where he played WITH the father of former Bruin Ryan Donato, and AGAINST his current GM. How did I not know that?!?! That's what happens when you live in a hockey desert for years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Taped the game last night which is a phenomenal history of the Bruins in one game.

the Dallas Stars have Modano & Zubov but also Pierre Turgeon, Jason Arnott and several other interesting players not to mention Billy Guerin, Rob Dimao but Don Sweeney playing his first ever game not in a Bruins uniform- and he didn’t play many that year before retiring.

Sweeney was often a healthy scratch that final year of his career but I believe it was his time upstairs where he would form a bond with then Stars GM Doug Armstrong that would lead him into front office in Boston.

The Bruins had young Thornton & Samsonov- Brian Rolston, Glenn Murray - Marty Lapointe !!!! PJ Axelsson and playing third line RW PATRICE BERGERON ~ yah, that guy.

Bergeron gets his FIRST NHL point in this game

Ted Donato is on 4th line !!!!

Raycroft gets a shutout and his D is a wow- I forgot about those guys Nick Boynton, Jeff Jillson - and Hal Gill.

And the coach ? Future HOF Mike Sullivan in his first year who looks 25

oh, and you know who’s not playing ? Zach Parise because Mike OCONNELL traded back to draft Mark Stuart - a deal that I’m 99.9% cost him in the end his job

phenomenal- literally is the precursor to what we have today - is the next chapter after Neely/Bourque that predates this current Lewis/Claude/Cassidy era of Chara & Bergeron

spectacular memories

Reactions: talkinaway and BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Taped the game last night which is a phenomenal history of the Bruins in one game.

the Dallas Stars have Modano & Zubov but also Pierre Turgeon, Jason Arnott and several other interesting players not to mention Billy Guerin, Rob Dimao but Don Sweeney playing his first ever game not in a Bruins uniform- and he didn’t play many that year before retiring.

Sweeney was often a healthy scratch that final year of his career but I believe it was his time upstairs where he would form a bond with then Stars GM Doug Armstrong that would lead him into front office in Boston.

The Bruins had young Thornton & Samsonov- Brian Rolston, Glenn Murray - Marty Lapointe !!!! PJ Axelsson and playing third line RW PATRICE BERGERON ~ yah, that guy.

Bergeron gets his FIRST NHL point in this game

Ted Donato is on 4th line !!!!

Raycroft gets a shutout and his D is a wow- I forgot about those guys Nick Boynton, Jeff Jillson - and Hal Gill.

And the coach ? Future HOF Mike Sullivan in his first year who looks 25

oh, and you know who’s not playing ? Zach Parise because Mike OCONNELL traded back to draft Mark Stuart - a deal that I’m 99.9% cost him in the end his job

phenomenal- literally is the precursor to what we have today - is the next chapter after Neely/Bourque that predates this current Lewis/Claude/Cassidy era of Chara & Bergeron

spectacular memories

I thought Jillson would be a solid Dman.

B's could also have had either Getzlaf or Brett Burns if MOC didn't trade back in 2003.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Jillson would be a solid Dman.

B's could also have had either Getzlaf or Brett Burns if MOC didn't trade back in 2003.
Agree on Jillson

Parise was rated 9th and with Thornton & Samsonov would have been a dynamic trio building base

ironically Bergeron ends up a star

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad