ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAsh

Lockouts Rule!
Sep 11, 2008
Philadelphia
If the Flyers are practicing I'll probably head up to see what they have. May have to bring my 2 year old to her first Flyers experience.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
I probably won't be heading there this time anyway haha. Shells and Gloves that were not worn in the WC aren't worth it. Along with the fact that they just had a sale makes me wary.

HC... I heard Schenn's game worn jock strap will be for sale, although photomatching may be a challenge.

Jusssst teasin' ;P

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I probably won't be heading there this time anyway haha. Shells and Gloves that were not worn in the WC aren't worth it. Along with the fact that they just had a sale makes me wary.

What makes you say "were not worn in the WC"? Not to say that they were but the post said something like 'worn by the Flyers' and the WC. What do you know about this besides in the release?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
What is the shell?

I assume they are talking about the Orange Striped pants that cover their own hockey pants so the Winter Classic uniforms would be complete and in fact uniform. Some were auctioned off earlier... These may be the ones that didn't move, or -- as HC hinted -- ones that were not in the WC, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
:laugh: Haha You beat me to it.

BTW, Flountown, was hat you in that photo from Game Six?... Can't be 100% sure but it may have been the Daily News front or back page one I'm thinking of... Were you in the front few rows?

Nah, upper deck with the peasants this time...but also where I normally sit...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What makes you say "were not worn in the WC"? Not to say that they were but the post said something like 'worn by the Flyers' and the WC. What do you know about this besides in the release?

All of the gloves and shells that were worn during the WC were sold by Meigray on NHL Auctions. However im not sure if they are saying "Gloves and Shells from the Winter Classic" or "Shells from the Winter Classic" and just normal gloves.

I know as much as you guys about the sale.

The shells will most likely be left overs that were never used and in no way are assigned to certain players.

I assume they are talking about the Orange Striped pants that cover their own hockey pants so the Winter Classic uniforms would be complete and in fact uniform. Some were auctioned off earlier... These may be the ones that didn't move, or -- as HC hinted -- ones that were not in the WC, I'm guessing.

That is correct.

554axl.jpg

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Nah, upper deck with the peasants this time...but also where I normally sit...

Sure looked like you. haha

Don't underestimate us peasants... we are usually the backbone of the loyal fans... and IMO we have the best view to see the whole field of play -- ice of play? -- and understand the way the plays develop and better what goes on away from the puck... So what if we can't see the face grimaces or gory bloodstream quite as well. ;)

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
Sure looked like you. haha

Don't underestimate us peasants... we are usually the backbone of the loyal fans... and IMO we have the best view to see the whole field of play -- ice of play? -- and understand the way the plays develop and better what goes on away from the puck... So what if we can't see the face grimaces or gory bloodstream quite as well. ;)

Meh, I get mad when I hear people spout that mentality, last time I checked, people on the lower level stand to watch shoot outs and tend to enjoy the game a bit more. People upstairs have a more negative outlook and it annoys me sometimes, and to be fair, my season tickets are upstairs, the peasant thing is a joke my buddy and I have when we hang out with my Dad's buddy and gets us into his suite, or lower level seats.

Also, I can't find the back cover photo, so I can't judge whether I have a Doppelganger in the image or not...

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Meh, I get mad when I hear people spout that mentality, last time I checked, people on the lower level stand to watch shoot outs and tend to enjoy the game a bit more. People upstairs have a more negative outlook and it annoys me sometimes, and to be fair, my season tickets are upstairs, the peasant thing is a joke my buddy and I have when we hang out with my Dad's buddy and gets us into his suite, or lower level seats.

Also, I can't find the back cover photo, so I can't judge whether I have a Doppelganger in the image or not...

I was wrong and it was NOT the front nor rear DN cover... I have been trying to find were I saw it to show you since I posted that but can't find it. It was of the players after IIRC a Flyers goal or hit... and the fans (in the corner?) are getting on a Penguin player(s) something fierce... one guy yelling I swear looks like your double and I thought it was you. I think he had on a WC jersey. I will keep trying because it has now got me pissed that I didn't copy it when I found it and cannot find it. :shakehead

As for the lower level... maybe they enjoy the game more because they are usually sitting there for free, having been given the seats. ;)

I kid... I kid :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Coming from the Skate Zones Facebook Post, they'll have at least shells, Mez, Shelley, and Simmonds Gloves.

The Simmonds ones are the same as the WC GW ones I have.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
They won't be game worn. I have his game-worn ones sold by Meigray, Meigray sold those along with all other GW WC gloves. I don't know how much they're selling at the SkateZone.

I didn't mean WC GW... just NHL GW.

Also, I can't find the VSZ FB page with that info... I find a SZ and VSZ page and a GearZone page but nothing that shows what you described, or anything of that sort.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

ukdanger

Apr 24, 2012
Hey guys.

First is that the song with the lyrics "the roof is on fire" may be a great sub song for the new 'danger approved song' "the giroux is on fire" - might make a great sound for the Flyers in round 2. I'm not overly talented in the musical department (sorry!)

And an necessary but enjoyable statement "Penguins can't fly but one team can" <- insert troll face here.

But on a (semi) serious note. I'm a big flyers fan (mainly from the Lindros / Leclaire / Des Jardins days sorry for spelling in advance) and I was hoping to pick up a flyers jersey in either Newark or Baltimore (I know I know - but flights to Philly are like $500 so I was looking for an alternative, so any help would be great guys )

<insert awesome gif of Crosby getting hit by Giroux here>

Cheers

Danger

<edit I only have another 10 days in the Baltimore area, if that helps :)>

Last edited:

flountown

Dec 30, 2008
Philadelphia
So I am going through my blank jersey inventory to really get moving on some projects, and I come to my blank size 52 Edge 2.0 black jersey. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to locate a "Remember the Spectrum" patch to turn it into a Mike Richards first captain jersey.

I KNOW there are a few floating around out there, just know it is going to a great home and will be used to commemorate a really cool event that I was personally there to witness...

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
So I am going through my blank jersey inventory to really get moving on some projects, and I come to my blank size 52 Edge 2.0 black jersey. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to locate a "Remember the Spectrum" patch to turn it into a Mike Richards first captain jersey.

I KNOW there are a few floating around out there, just know it is going to a great home and will be used to commemorate a really cool event that I was personally there to witness...

Well get in line pal I've been looking forever lol, they have all dried up.

Jaydepps

Aug 5, 2006
Greenfield, MA
So I know this isn't necessarily jersey talk, but does anyone know where I can order black jersey shirts? My girlfriend wants a new black jersey shirt she can wear around work up in New Hampshire. Her Hatcher one is very faded. All I can find are orange and green ones for sale online.

Here five best choices are: Hartnell, Bryzgalov, Giroux, Jagr, and Simmonds in that order. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad