OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Got this in a few days ago and forgot to post it: Kevin Todd 1991-92 Red set 1 game worn jersey. The set 1's this year didn't have the Custom Crafted set stamps but the set 2's did. Has heavy wear with repairs, puck/stick marks, and unrepaired holes. Ultrafil material and features the NHL 75th patch and the Devils 10th Anniversary patch. Have it photomatched to the marks (that have faded a bit) on the 14 on the left arm to one of his hockey cards. Really happy to have this as this is a really tough set to get.

34187003650_3c356d4e87_c.jpg

34187003590_4fc7a069a9_c.jpg

34187003490_f1f963a8e6_c.jpg

34187003390_ea89e93756_c.jpg

34187003290_e43756c25e_b.jpg

These were the best jerseys I've seen for you guys! Love them!

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I have to ask. Do you wear all these jerseys to games? Or do you just collect them?

Mostly just collect them. I do have some authentics and GI's that I wear now to games. I have worn gamers before to games, but they were always lower end ones.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
*already has an Edge 2.0 Red Elias with 100th patch on its way from Jersey Baron*

**** it. When is this ever going to happen again.

*Orders a white and a retro*

Yeah. I'm going to need a bigger hanging rack.

(I'll post my jersey collection in Australia once all received)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Bah, last thing I need is another jersey but I'm tempted. I don't have a Reebok Brodeur, but maybe would be nice to have one for the 552 aspect.

Retro Elias would be awesome, but conscience probably won't approve of $150 for a blank.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting myself a reebok devils jersey from cool hockey.
I was just wondering what the difference is between the premier Jersey and authentic jersey.I've never bought from them. Are they any good?
Cheers

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting myself a reebok devils jersey from cool hockey.
I was just wondering what the difference is between the premier Jersey and authentic jersey.I've never bought from them. Are they any good?
Cheers

I'd be looking at MeiGrey for cheap authentics myself, devilsfan35, but understand if budget is an issue.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Cheers

the authentics have the fight strap and are basically what is worn on the ice

what I always did was order the Premier and then have it authentically stitched. You can't really tell the difference IMO

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016

what I always did was order the Premier and then have it authentically stitched. You can't really tell the difference IMO

There is a huge difference between premier and Edge 2.0 authentics. Different materials, different construction, fight strap, double-elbows, etc.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
How much are they usually, because if they are really that cheap, I might have to pick one up

Meigray is selling Canadian made Edge 2.0's. What is typically sold at NHL shop, Devils Den, etc are what are called Indo-Edges. They are jerseys marketed as authentics but are not what is worn by the players on the ice. Basically inferior versions of authentics that are made in Indonesia (where the Premier replicas are made as well).

Typically, made-in-Canada Edge 2.0's range from $250-350 blank. Meigray's is selling these for a very good price.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Might have to pick up one of the Reds, throw a Palmieri on it. I don't have a single jersey of a player currently on the team. Only one I did was an Elias. I'm afraid to do it as who tf knows how long they're gunna be on the team.

Edit: **** it, I might buy it just to put Hischier on it :v

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I already have a Schneider jersey and I want to get another one. I'm leaning towards hischier
Should I get hall, palmieri or Hischier?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I already have a Schneider jersey and I want to get another one. I'm leaning towards hischier
Should I get hall, palmieri or Hischier?

I'd probably go Hall. We'll probably get used to the Adidas jerseys eventually, so I might save Hischier for that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Meigray is selling Canadian made Edge 2.0's. What is typically sold at NHL shop, Devils Den, etc are what are called Indo-Edges. They are jerseys marketed as authentics but are not what is worn by the players on the ice. Basically inferior versions of authentics that are made in Indonesia (where the Premier replicas are made as well).

Typically, made-in-Canada Edge 2.0's range from $250-350 blank. Meigray's is selling these for a very good price.

There is a huge difference between premier and Edge 2.0 authentics. Different materials, different construction, fight strap, double-elbows, etc.

Cheers

The premiers are the replica jerseys that most people purchase.
Cool Hockey is selling what people refer to as an Indo Edge. It's an authentic with a fight strap and close to what they wear on the ice. They are made in Indonesia.
The Edge 2.0 are exactly what is worn on the ice.

The NHL store in NYC has Indo Edge's on sale for $100 right now.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Eagerly waiting on MeiGrey to ship...

Still not sure if I'll leave blank or put a player on.

Thinking maybe Brodeur on the retro.. Maybe Palmieri on the white..

I have the same issue of committing to a player that isn't part of the Stanley Cup core.. we seem to be doing a lot of changes and will continue to do so over the next few years. No idea who will stay on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad