OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Size 60 Gusev Ordered and just in time looks like 60 is sold out
60 sold out for me as I was checking out. Went with a size 56 Nico. 56 is fine for me but I prefer the 60's to wear with a hoodie but oh well.

They must of barely ordered any Devils blanks because no other team has a single size sold out yet lol

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Thought about being hip and ordering Holtz 88, but I figured I'll hold off and let somebody else have it for Xmas.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I thought I saw something about him intending to wear #10, but I’m not sure where...

I totally cracked and ordered a Nico, although had to settle for size 50 after 52/56 sold out. Thanks for the heads up though......yeah I thought about the risk of guessing the jersey number. I didn't want to splurge and be the guy who ordered Hughes #43 (although it seemed like they replaced that for him) or the person who bought Larsson #42 just to be the first.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Also, hope you guys that ordered a Gusev don’t get burned. Still mad at myself for getting a Hall lol

fetchimage

Lately I had been going backwards and getting old jerseys customized with guys on the 2000 team. I repurposed my Parise jersey into a Hall jersey, my original idea was to get a new nameplate for every #9 after Parise a la that Cleveland Browns QB jersey:

InfamousBrownsJersey.jpg

I think my #9 jersey would have been: Parise-Josefson-Pesonen-Butler-Sislo-Tedenby-Whitney-Havlat-Tlusty-Hall

Reactions: Darkauron

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
My ocd won’t allow me to put a player from the wrong era on a jersey. My Hall is a Reebok Edge 2.0 so Parise would be the only player that works. Even if I wanted to strip the number it’s a white away jersey so I would need a number that could cover up the 9 well. The Devils wore those jerseys from I think 2007-2016, so the only player with a number that would really work is Colin White’s #5.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Welp I got sidetracked at work and missed the CoolHockey sale of retro jerseys... seems like a huge miss that they didn't produce enough of these to meet demand. I wonder when they'll restock.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
My ocd won’t allow me to put a player from the wrong era on a jersey. My Hall is a Reebok Edge 2.0 so Parise would be the only player that works. Even if I wanted to strip the number it’s a white away jersey so I would need a number that could cover up the 9 well. The Devils wore those jerseys from I think 2007-2016, so the only player with a number that would really work is Colin White’s #5.

I respect your level of OCD. I saw a decent price on a 2001-04 CCM era jersey on eBay but it had the 2000 Cup patch on it, so I didn't place a bid. My Larsson jersey was made from the first set of Reebok jerseys which had the logo on the back, but Larsson's rookie year was the first season when Reebok replaced the logo with the wordmark.

I have a 2001-04 era Koho red blank jersey which has been on the perpetual to do list to get customized. From the 2003 squad, I have Brodeur/Gomez/Madden/Niedermayer in CCM. From the 2000 squad I have Arnott/Sykora/Stevens/Brodeur. I have 90's era CCM for Elias/Daneyko. So I was thinking Langenbrunner or Rafalski for the Koho? Although I started to like the thought of another Elias jersey since my other one is a little small.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Size 42 available at nhl shop. Says almost gone .

I won't lie, the half white half green hat is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Welp I got sidetracked at work and missed the CoolHockey sale of retro jerseys... seems like a huge miss that they didn't produce enough of these to meet demand. I wonder when they'll restock.
Coolhockey says they wont be restocking, you can try icejerseys or emailing hockey authentic they arent taking orders on .com yet but they are via email

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hockey Authentic lettered a Gusev heritage jersey for me this past summer and did a fantastic job, so I recommend them if you get a blank to get lettered. I'll likely do that with mine at some point once more.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I saw someone post a photo of the jersey on Twitter and it looked a lot darker then the professionally done in daylight photo.

VilgrainNPelusosBaby

Nov 30, 2020
The Retro Reverse Hughes Adidas Jersey I ordered off NHL Shop on Tuesday arrived in the mail today.
I ordered it for a family member for Christmas so it totally won't fit my meatball body, but if anyone has any questions, shoot!
I ordered it with standard delivery, it was supposed to arrive on the 9th.
Given the holiday season and pandemic totally surprised to see it arrive a few days early.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Retro Reverse Hughes Adidas Jersey I ordered off NHL Shop on Tuesday arrived in the mail today.
I ordered it for a family member for Christmas so it totally won't fit my meatball body, but if anyone has any questions, shoot!
I ordered it with standard delivery, it was supposed to arrive on the 9th.
Given the holiday season and pandemic totally surprised to see it arrive a few days early.

Does the logo look like it's too low on the front?

VilgrainNPelusosBaby

Nov 30, 2020
Seriously though, that doesn’t look anything like the one Kevin Smith was wearing.
I thought the same thing, man. I didn’t hang it or lay it out flat, as it’s a gift, & it has all that tissue paper layered inside. Plus, I don’t trust my folding skills to neatly fold it back inside the packaging. after some more whiskey tonight maybe I will say f*ck it & take more pictures.
I thought it looked like a darker green as well, but I just think that’s the green itself being front and center. It definitely looks like a similar hue to the green in the piping of the traditional retros; not like a Minnesota Wild green, but it definitely is a brilliant color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad